This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    It's happened before with other teams. The fact the Marlins did it made it a story.

- - - - - - - - - -

Good point
    Doesn't help that Boras is Ozuna's agent. With another agent, it may not have been as big of a story either.

Wasn't Kris Bryant kept in the minors at the start of last year for the same financial reasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Doesn't help that Boras is Ozuna's agent. With another agent, it may not have been as big of a story either.

Wasn't Kris Bryant kept in the minors at the start of last year for the same financial reasons?
      Yes, but that was before Bryant had service time. Ozuna was pretty much a good regular for 2 full seasons before the demotion.

Also, it's just maddening the Marlins did this with Ozuna, but "forgot" to keep Fernandez down 21 days his rookie year. Those April 2013 starts were sure worth a year of service time.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dan Jennings joining Nationals as assistant GM also.

Comment

It's happened before with other teams. The fact the Marlins did it made it a story.
        The Cubs and Phillies are currently undergoing greivances with Maikel Franco and Kris Bryant for the same thing. The Kris Bryant one was specifically a huge deal.
        poop

Comment

• I won't be surprised when that issue is brought up in the new CBA.

I'm not sayin it's right they kept Ozuna down as long as they did, but his performance did deserve a demotion. I agree, it's stupid they didn't keep Fernandez down 2 weeks, but let's also not pretend the Marlins are smart either.

Comment

• I think it's worth noting that the Yankees signed Donovan Solano to a minor league deal. Don't have to worry about him being the primary guy ft the bench anymore.

Comment

• RIP SOLANO ASS

Comment

• Jon Heyman

Edwin Jackson to marlins is done. $507.5K

They did something.

Comment

• Not so long ago, the Marlins had a policy of not giving out no-trade clauses.

Today, they gave one to Edwin Jackson...

Comment

• I was just about to post that. What the hell.

Comment

• Edwin Jackson, with that contract, would be a real nice trade piece in July if he pitched well. Like, to me, that was the value of signing him.

Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                        Edwin Jackson, with that contract, would be a real nice trade piece in July if he pitched well. Like, to me, that was the value of signing him.

Awesome.
                        Even with a NTC, he can be traded, he just gets to direct his destination.

Comment

Not so long ago, the Marlins had a policy of not giving out no-trade clauses.

Doesn't mean anything except if they wanna trade him they have to ask if the team is OK. Probably doesn't wanna be dealt to Atlanta but if the Dodgers or big name team called he would say OK

- - - - - - - - - -

Not new news but just confirmation to what I said-reports are we are looking at Chen and Sierra.

We actually have offers out to Fister,Chen,Kennedy,Sierra and at least one other arm. We would like to get 2 SP (2 FA or 1 FA and a trade). Chen and Kennedy each would cost us our 2nd Rd Pick(Not like it matters-just means a 5th-10th Rd Prospect won't be getting 2nd Rd Cash)

Nice to see Jeff figuring out that signing Cubans for 6 yr/30 mil dollar deals is NOT a bad option

Comment

Not so long ago, the Marlins had a policy of not giving out no-trade clauses.

The FO has claimed this policy is only for multi-year contracts in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              The FO has claimed this policy is only for multi-year contracts in the past.
                              Until Stanton, it was nobody. I remember that being one of the things with trying to sign Pujols before 2012 - they wouldn't include a NTC in their offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                Until Stanton, it was nobody. I remember that being one of the things with trying to sign Pujols before 2012 - they wouldn't include a NTC in their offer.
                                I believe Javier Vazquez has been the prime example pointed to the past few years about this policy as he was given a full NTC in 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X