No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I don't understand is, why are there different versions of the deals at this point? Shouldn't Miami, St. Louis, and San Francisco have already chosen which deal they're going to go with at this point, if they're already going to Stanton for approval?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      What I don't understand is, why are there different versions of the deals at this point? Shouldn't Miami, St. Louis, and San Francisco have already chosen which deal they're going to go with at this point, if they're already going to Stanton for approval?
      They have agreed to names/stuff except $. If Stanton say OK ill go to SF then Mike Hill calls up SF and says how much do u want us to pay? SF looks at the 3 deals says the amount and the other stuff has been already agreed to(medicals/names) and its done. If SF says 45 million they get whatever guys are in that deal. If SF says NONE they get whatever is in that deal

Comment

• That makes no sense

The money in each respective deal should already established.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          That makes no sense

The money in each respective deal should already established.
          The money and players in each deal have been established. What hasn't been established is how much SF wants us to pay which is why there are 3 different deals. There are 3 deals and all 3 have different money amounts we are including

Comment

• Mish reporting the deal is Ramos, Arroyo, Shaw, AND Beede for Stanton. That is their top 4 prospects and would be an unreal haul given the circumstances. Id be very ok with that. That is 3 immediate impact starters and 4th guy who would likely become our top prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              They have agreed to names/stuff except $. If Stanton say OK ill go to SF then Mike Hill calls up SF and says how much do u want us to pay? SF looks at the 3 deals says the amount and the other stuff has been already agreed to(medicals/names) and its done. If SF says 45 million they get whatever guys are in that deal. If SF says NONE they get whatever is in that deal
              I get that that's what's happening. I don't get why that hasn't been decided already at this point. It seems like they're far enough down the road that this should already be determined.

Comment

• Ya, im not sure either why we have so many options from each team given how close the reported deal is. IF all we're waiting for is stanton to waive his NTC, wouldnt we already have decided how much money we would send along with his contract?

- - - - - - - - - -

Didnt realize it, but that Giants package is 4 out of their last 5 first round picks. Pretty crazy. Not sure if gutting their system like that is their best move but ill take all of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  I get that that's what's happening. I don't get why that hasn't been decided already at this point. It seems like they're far enough down the road that this should already be determined.
                  It probably has already been decided I am just saying what is being said. My guy said 3 offers with SF and all 3 have different combo of stuff and different $

Comment

• Beede, Ramos, Arroyo, Shaw. Then give Ozuna to the Cards for Weaver/Flaherty, Alcantara, OF prospect, and a 4th pitching prospect, then move on to Dee and Bour.

Comment

• If that’s the deal I’m as ecstatic as I could be in trading Stanton
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

It probably has already been decided I am just saying what is being said. My guy said 3 offers with SF and all 3 have different combo of stuff and different $
                        I know, what im saying is why is their still disagreement on the amount of money being sent? That's a fairly large hurdle and indicates we are a lot further away from a deal than just Stanton waiving his NTC.

Comment

• CRAIG MISH reported

SourceS : Full trade offer from SF to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton.

Tyler Beede
                          Heliot Ramos (1st noted by @JoeFrisaro )
                          Chris Shaw
                          Christian Arroyo

This is the deal I heard with us sending the MOST money to SF

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          I know, what im saying is why is their still disagreement on the amount of money being sent? That's a fairly large hurdle and indicates we are a lot further away from a deal than just Stanton waiving his NTC.
                          No disagreement just had not agreed to the amount yet. With Mish reporting that deal it looks like they finally have. Thats the deal with us sending the MOST money to SF

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Beede, Ramos, Arroyo, Shaw. Then give Ozuna to the Cards for Weaver/Flaherty, Alcantara, OF prospect, and a 4th pitching prospect, then move on to Dee and Bour.
                          Craig Mish‏Verified account @CraigMish ยท 38m38 minutes ago

Source : The Houston Astros at some point engaged the Marlins in discussions for Stanton. Unable to work it out. Not currently in the picture.

I wouldn't be sending Ozuna to Cards yet. If this is true it means Houston will be in on Ozuna too

Comment

CRAIG MISH reported

SourceS : Full trade offer from SF to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton.

Tyler Beede
                            Heliot Ramos (1st noted by @JoeFrisaro )
                            Chris Shaw
                            Christian Arroyo

This is the deal I heard with us sending the MOST money to SF

- - - - - - - - - -

No disagreement just had not agreed to the amount yet. With Mish reporting that deal it looks like they finally have. Thats the deal with us sending the MOST money to SF
                            lol not agreeing to the amount yet would be disagreement but whatever. That deal Mish reported seems to good to be true. Id give a significant amount of money for that. There is no world beating prospect (although Ramos remains to be seen as far as his potential), but thats potentially 3 immediate starters and a 4th who would immediately become our top prospect.

I have a really good feeling that those are the 4 names we are deciding between and we will end up getting 4 of them.

- - - - - - - - - -

Do the astros even need an OF though? If i were them id use my prospect depth to get SP depth, not hitting depth, but i havent studied their team terribly closely. Just seems like an OF 2 years away from free agency isnt the need there when you have Fisher and tucker coming up to join Springer soon. But we'll see.

I desperately want the Braves to get involved with Ozuna. It makes a ton of sense, i just dont know how willing they would be to sell off some pitching for an immediate lineup help when they seem to be searching for contention in 2019 and not necessarily 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              If that’s the deal I’m as ecstatic as I could be in trading Stanton
                              If that deal makes u ecstatic just imagine what St Louis offered(The deal they really prefer).

Comment

• So what’s the deal with Bour, Prado, and Gordon? Are they going to be gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X