X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure the front of rotation arm is Jose Fernandez

Comment

Speaking of the free agent class as it was mentioned here, Panda wants 5/$100 from San Francisco.

Free agency for those top 4-6 guy is likely going to be very expensive so if they are legitimately looking for a top starter or someone else, budgeting $18-20 a year is probably what is going to happen.

Not sure someone like James Shields is worth 4/$80, but they really don't have other options if they really want to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        Speaking of the free agent class as it was mentioned here, Panda wants 5/$100 from San Francisco.

Free agency for those top 4-6 guy is likely going to be very expensive so if they are legitimately looking for a top starter or someone else, budgeting $18-20 a year is probably what is going to happen.

Not sure someone like James Shields is worth 4/$80, but they really don't have other options if they really want to do this.
        Word going around is we might offer the Panda the deal he wants. Loria and the FO think offense need is alot more important(As does ever fan) then an arm for the money. He can play 3B or 1B with McGehee at the other spot.

We may have to give up our #1 pick tho and they are ok with that as well

They are OK with a rotation of Alvarez,Eovaldi,Cosart,Koehler and ?(Hand,Heaney,vet innings eater) to start the year with Jose coming back at the break.

Comment

replace mcgehee with Panda, sure.
          poop

Comment

If we give Pablo Sandoval (.282/.338/.430 last 3 years) 5/$100m, I will punch bobbob.
            --------------------
            If I'm giving a hitter $20m a year, I'd like for him to at least have put up an OPS over .800 at some point in the last 3 years.

I love Pablo Sandoval, he's one of my favorite players. I'd love to have him on the Marlins.

I love chocolate milk too, but I'm not gonna pay $10 for a gallon of it.
            Last edited by HUGG; 09-17-2014, 01:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Agreed, if we're going to spend a big chunk of change on somebody this offseason. (I'm talking $15 million+ a year) It should be on Lester, Scherzer or Shields. No one else is worth that kind of dough.

Comment

I wouldn't be thrilled about it at all.

But I'm also resigned to them spending whatever money they do spend in less-than-optimal ways, so at least do it in ways that improve the team.
                poop

Comment

#BringHanleyback. Just kidding, sort of.

Comment

I'd rather have Sandoval than Shields.

Comment

Gammons is reporting Sandoval is looking for 5y/$90m.

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/video-pe...ablo-sandoval/

Comment

Shields is probably going to get more than that.

Comment

Shields recorded his highest average fastball velocity ever this season.

He's gonna age fine.
                          poop

Comment

I just don't think it's worth the risk.

I'd much rather have Sandoval who is more of a necessity to this team.

Quite honestly, I don't want either one, but I'd take Sandoval over Shields.
                            Last edited by Erick; 09-17-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I'd die of happiness if we got Hanley back

I miss him

Comment

Per Barry Jackson:
                                If the Marlins can somehow lure Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval (.279, 16, 73) in free agency, they would be more likely to keep Casey McGehee at third, where he led the league in fielding percentage, and use Sandoval at first than vice versa. There are also a few appealing first base options, including Michael Cuddyer….

Though the Marlins would consider signing a free agent left fielder and moving Christian Yelich to first as a last resort, Yelich said he wants to remain in left. The Marlins' preference is to sign a first baseman who could replace Garrett Jones.

Please follow me on Twitter (@

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Working...
                                X