• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I type one handed personally

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
      http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...highlight=frog

He never clarified what he meant by "competitively." The part you guys are thinking of is a seperate statement all together of what he expects out of James.

Nny and Todd sittin' in a tree.
      --------------------
      Nny.
      Last edited by Mainge; 09-14-2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Defending Todd is the deep-v of SoFlaMarlins.com.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
          Werent you the same guy wanting the Marlins to move any player possible to acquire Joey Gathright?
          You probably took his comments out of context and Joey Gathright was actually an intriguing option back in...2007.

You've said things that were way dumber.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          Reynolds because if nothing else, him and Stanton in the same lineup would be hilarious.
          I wouldn't be surprised if this front office overpays Mark Reynolds this offseason.
          Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 02:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Werent you the same guy wanting the Marlins to move any player possible to acquire Joey Gathright?
            First of all, I think it's hilarious you are going all the back to what 05? 06? for whatever reason in a futile attempt to undermine me on an internet message board just shooting the shit concerning the Marlins desire for a real 3B. Secondly, no, but Gathright would have been a better flyer than Abercrombie in the outfielder given realistic compensation of a 2nd or 3rd rate whatever pitching in the system. Your life must suck.

Comment

I don't think Mark Reynolds gets a bunch of money this offseason so I'd be shocked if they overpaid him.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                I'm not big on using positions to evaluate players. I think if the guy is good, he's good. It doesn't matter if there are a lot of other left fielders out there. I just think Yelich is going to be incredibly special, and if that's the case, then I don't care if his position is easier to fill than say catcher or third base.

Then again, I thought the same thing with Morrison, so what do I know.
                I don't get this, because if you can fill the harder position, you do it. And I thought Hermida was going to be Brian Giles/Paul O'Neil level so shit happens with prospects. Cashing them in for a legitimate guy in his prime I always think is worth it just to escape the unknown. Especially at LF.

Comment

Originally posted by bell_virus.exe View Post
                  I don't think Mark Reynolds gets a bunch of money this offseason so I'd be shocked if they overpaid him.
                  He puts up good counting stats. You could also make a case that he's the best 3B available considering how much the rest of them suck. It's basically Reynolds, Keppinger (who has no power), and ???

Reynolds is overrated mainly because of how terrible his defense has been at 3B, which is something this front office does not seem to care about. They'll probably just look at his HR and RBI #'s and think of him as an intriguing option. Despite how bad he is defensively, he's had some web gems over the years so they'll think of him as someone who passes the eye test at the position.
                  Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Lou has a great point but no way SD would go for it.

We are gonna have to figure something out soon tho,either see if Yelich can handle CF and have an OF of Ozuna/Yelich/Stanton/Ruggiano in 2014 OR pick 1 to keep either Yelich(contact guy) or Ozuna(Power guy) and have an OF of Ozuna or Yelich/?/Stanton/Ruggiano

THE MASTER PLAN WAS

Try to move JJ for a young 3B(Olt) or young CF(Bradley Jr). It is ALOT easier to trade a young LF for a young SP then it is to trade a young LF for a young 3B or CF.Then a year or 2 later trade either Ozuna or Yelich for a young arm(Like Cubs/SD and Min/TB did).
                    It could still be the plan but no idea right now.

Another thing the consider is the 2013 draft,like I said before there is a VERY good chance we take either Kris Bryant or Colin Moran in the draft. Both are 3B who could move very fast through the system(Like Zunino is doing with Seattle) and possibly could be in the majors by 2015. Which means we wouldnt get to crazy about looking for a young 3B since we would have one close to the majors and would instead sign a vet cheap or just put Cox at 3B and see??? Also don't forget 2013 will prolly be a throw away season so I doubt we would blow money on a Reynolds just to have us lose 80-90 games again

Comment

They could still trade JJ. I'm still hoping they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        They could still trade JJ. I'm still hoping they do.
                        Ya they could and I believe they still will. However not sure what they could get in return. It is very possible they could get 1 big prospect OR a package-2 pitchers and a young position guy for him BUT not 4 prospects like they want.

I still believe they could call Texas this winter and ask for a Grienke type package around Cody Buckel,another ML ready arm(Grimm,Font,Loux) and Leury Garcia(who could easily be our 2B in 2014),this is close to the offer Texas made for him at the deadline OR even Boston who will have aton of money to spend and has some nice prospects to deal. However until the FO gets off the stance of they want a monster package for him he will stay

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          First of all, I think it's hilarious you are going all the back to what 05? 06? for whatever reason in a futile attempt to undermine me on an internet message board just shooting the shit concerning the Marlins desire for a real 3B. Secondly, no, but Gathright would have been a better flyer than Abercrombie in the outfielder given realistic compensation of a 2nd or 3rd rate whatever pitching in the system. Your life must suck.
                          You tend to latch on to mediocre players who always turn out to be shit but you are adamant that the Marlins acquire them.

Stick to making payroll projections.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Comment

I should add Lou, I just think you are a douchebag to be completely honest. I dont like you on the interwebs and I have a hard time believing that I would like you in person. You seem like the type of popped collar prick at a bar who always tries to turn any conversation back to a topic of your choosing no matter what the room is discussing and I come to this conclusion by your multitude of lengthy diatribes in almost every thread you post in whether such a lengthy post is warranted or not. If someone ponders what a player might make in the next season you will go through every players salary just to see how that one asshole might fit in.

Just fuck you.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Comment

Working...