Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    There are better relief pitchers in the FA market
    Who cost a lot more money and can't be controlled for as many years.

Comment

There are better relief pitchers in the FA market
      Yep u know us we like paying 4 million a season for a RP,we trade LoMo for something we can use for years and is cheap. He can come in a take Ryan Webb's spot

Comment

This is horrible. He's 23 but his line is not good at all. I wouldn't want this coming out of our pen:

59 innings, 73 hits, 37 runs, 12 HRs, 23
        BBs, 1.627 WHIP

What???
        What's his BABIP against? He struck out over 10 and a half guys per 9 last year. I don't think this is a case of a guy with hittable stuff like that H/9 indicates, otherwise he wouldn't have struck out so many guys.

That seems like a flukey season. I'm willing to bet that he'll be better this year by virtue of regression to the mean.

Comment

Actually just heard that Seattle upped the offer to Capps after they signed Hart because they realized Milwaukee needs a 1B now.

We wanted ML talent in return for LoMo which we got

Comment

You're all right, I'm just disappointed at this return after hearing the other names tossed around before. I know Lomo isn't anything special. (Fan bias).
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              What's his BABIP against? He struck out over 10 and a half guys per 9 last year. I don't think this is a case of a guy with hittable stuff like that H/9 indicates, otherwise he wouldn't have struck out so many guys.

That seems like a flukey season. I'm willing to bet that he'll be better this year by virtue of regression to the mean.
              .365 .BABIP, 18.8 HR/FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post

BABIP against was .365 but LD/FB rate is high.

Comment

You're all right, I'm just disappointed at this return after hearing the other names tossed around before. I know Lomo isn't anything special. (Fan bias).
                  What names were being tossed around before that were exciting?

Comment

In retrospect, his minor league numbers are pretty good over a short period of time.

Comment

Capps had a flukey season from what I read on MLB Trade Rumors. Upper 90s avg on his fastball. 40% ground ball rate. He had 18.8% homerun to fly ball ratio and .365 BABIP. Should be better than his numbers from last year, that's for sure. Not a bad late inning guy.

Comment

Signing Jones must've really hurt our bargaining power
                        Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        Is this really the best we could get for LoMo? Seems like a terrible return at first instance.
                        I believe you guys just aren't realizing how bad he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Who cost a lot more money and can't be controlled for as many years.
                          Yea. Like Ryan Webb.....

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            What names were being tossed around before that were exciting?
                            Plenty. They just weren't real and only existed when fans tweeted idiotic things to JCR
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't understand why Seattle did this. They just signed Hart and still have Smirk. I would assume the latter is traded very soon (Price?)
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Yea. Like Ryan Webb.....

That was probably dumb, but also probably irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X