Comment

ohmygosh, just freakin admit you were wrong

Comment

BUT WHEN I SAID IT, IT WAS TRUE

YOU DON'T GET IT BEEF

Comment

yeah but in the end result

Comment

Adam Conley now with 1 ER allowed in his last 24 IP.

I think Brian Flynn's earned a September call up to take over Koehler's rotation spot. Flynn becoming a capable starter at the major league level would be a very nice surprise.

Comment

He's definitely earned a look.

Given his K rate as a starter, you have to think he can be an effective reliever if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                  Adam Conley now with 1 ER allowed in his last 24 IP.

I think Brian Flynn's earned a September call up to take over Koehler's rotation spot. Flynn becoming a capable starter at the major league level would be a very nice surprise.
                  I know I'll probably get chastised for this, but Flynn isn't Rule V eligible until next off-season and the 40-man is full and will continue to stay close to it. In the off-season they'll subtract Pierre, Polanco, Qualls, Dobbs, Kotchman and Diaz. They'll have to add Solarzano, Urena, Keys and Dayton with Black, Perio, Brady and Hodges as "maybe". Granted they can get rid of some guys currently on it (Skipworth, Brown, Lucas, Mahoney, Dyson, Ceda, Below, Hatcher, Caminero)
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

can't call up Flynn in September cause we might lose Jordan Brown or Sam Dyson

pretty much none of the guys you listed would get claimed, most likely

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      I know I'll probably get chastised for this, but Flynn isn't Rule V eligible until next off-season and the 40-man is full and will continue to stay close to it. In the off-season they'll subtract Pierre, Polanco, Qualls, Dobbs, Kotchman and Diaz. They'll have to add Solarzano, Urena, Keys and Dayton with Black, Perio, Brady and Hodges as "maybe". Granted they can get rid of some guys currently on it (Skipworth, Brown, Lucas, Mahoney, Dyson, Ceda, Below, Hatcher, Caminero)
                      It's full now, but don't rule out a spot or two opening with Ozuna to the 60-day DL and a trade or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                        can't call up Flynn in September cause we might lose Jordan Brown or Sam Dyson

pretty much none of the guys you listed would get claimed, most likely
                        I'm not worried about losing them, I am just saying there's going to be little wiggle room this off-season.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        It's full now, but don't rule out a spot or two opening with Ozuna to the 60-day DL and a trade or two.
                        But remember in September if you move a player to the 60-day disabled list, you can only purchase the contract of the same type of player (in Ozuna's case, a position player.)
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-28-2013, 10:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm sure they'll add him to it before September.

Comment

Just trying to think of all the possibilities

Comment

what if we trade 2 guys not on the 40 for Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg tomorrow?

I bet you didn't consider that

Comment

/stumped

Comment

Working...
                                X