No announcement yet.

The Official Miami Marlins "Sale of the Team" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No point in reading them. Jeter is getting the team eventually and will be in charge of it all with an investment of 25 million.

Its not gonna be pretty when he is begging guys for cash,its gonna be Jeff Loria all over again with even tighter budget. Owns the team,makes all the decisions and gonna be pinching pennies. Just hope he is as good as he thinks because it will be all of his decisions

With Mas u get a guy with cash already who owns it and funds it,but guess makes fans happy to see Jeter?
    Last edited by tjfla; 08-11-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      No point in reading them. Jeter is getting the team eventually and will be in charge of it all with an investment of 25 million.

Its not gonna be pretty when he is begging guys for cash,its gonna be Jeff Loria all over again with even tighter budget. Owns the team,makes all the decisions and gonna be pinching pennies. Just hope he is as good as he thinks because it will be all of his decisions

With Mas u get a guy with cash already who owns it and funds it,but guess makes fans happy to see Jeter?
      I seriously doubt that Manfred would allow this to happen. If Jeter's group isn't equipped to run the team properly, they won't get approved.

Heyman's latest says that Jeter's main investor, Bruce Sherman, is upping his stake in the group.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        I seriously doubt that Manfred would allow this to happen. If Jeter's group isn't equipped to run the team properly, they won't get approved.

Heyman's latest says that Jeter's main investor, Bruce Sherman, is upping his stake in the group.
        His group is Derek Jeter and other people's cash-MLB doesnt care as long as it meets all the requirements. They are all upping their stakes because they keep pouring money into it however if u notice none of these "investors" actually have been mentioned as having any other roles. Jeter has found guys who are willing to put up cash but want no involvement otherwise.

That is his issue with Mas,Mas keeps offering him to get into his group but Jeter has no interest in being with someone who wants to actually be hands on. He wants total power and to use others cash

Comment

• Well I take Manfred at his word that he wants to get the ownership here right this time. I don't think he's going to allow Jeter to come in and operate this team in a way that is detrimental to the market. MLB doesn't want another Loria situation.

Also, Bruce Sherman was mentioned by name. He was putting in over $200 million and has since raised that stake according to the article. I'd assume for an investment of over $200 million that he'd want some kind of involvement. Either way, hopefully a deal gets done soon.

Comment

Well I take Manfred at his word that he wants to get the ownership here right this time. I don't think he's going to allow Jeter to come in and operate this team in a way that is detrimental to the market. MLB doesn't want another Loria situation.

Also, Bruce Sherman was mentioned by name. He was putting in over $200 million and has since raised that stake according to the article. I'd assume for an investment of over $200 million that he'd want some kind of involvement. Either way, hopefully a deal gets done soon.
            Yeah, I would think they'd have to realize baseball wouldn't survive long term here if they had another Loria situation, and would act accordingly as necessary.

Comment

• Ya but they cant make Jeff sell to Mas.

If Manfred and MLB had it their way,2 days after the ASG it would have been announced Jorge Mas 1.17B done deal and they are voting on stuff this month. Issue which is pissing off everyone is Jeff only wants to sell to Jeter and Jeter doesn't have the cash. He has "investors" but not the cash so while the investors put up more cash they aren't getting anything but stake in the team. None of them want to be involved which is why Jeter loves it.

Comment

• I don't think it matters what the make up of the group is or who is involved...I'm just saying that regardless, Manfred won't allow it to go through if that group isn't prepared to run the team properly. MLB knows that it can't get this ownership wrong again.
                Last edited by fauowls44; 08-11-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Barry Jackson reporting Loria has agreed to sell for Sherman/Jeter group with agreement expected to be sent to MLB today.

Comment

• Praise the lord! Im confident in Jeter's ability to run the team competently if someone is willing to let him do that with such a small investment. SPEND MONEY ON PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rosenthal is saying that Sherman will be the control person and Jeter CEO. Anyone know anything about sherman? Never even heard that name until just now.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sides want to close in october. Perfect.

Comment

Barry Jackson reporting Loria has agreed to sell for Sherman/Jeter group with agreement expected to be sent to MLB today.
                      Sherman is the "control" person while Jeter runs both the business AND baseball. They have 16 investors

Final vote should be made by Oct/Nov. Winter Meetings should are Dec 10 so we might be very busy

Final price is 1.2B.

So Jeff sells to Jeter and Samson/Mike Hill might be employed still
                      Last edited by tjfla; 08-11-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Yeah Jeets!

Comment

• Also its more than a handshake. Likely submitted to MLB this weekend and early votes at meetings coming up. Votes are more making sure they got cash and aren't criminals with MAIN vote in Oct/Nov(Nothing set yet)
                          Last edited by tjfla; 08-11-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• http://www.sportingnews.com/amp/mlb/...m1ci3ljw46ndnc

- - - - - - - - - -

Friday afternoon news? That's weird.

- - - - - - - - - -

If you can't beat em in the World Series, buy em!

Comment

• Michael Jordan also reportedly a part of the group. I have confidence in Jeter, but holy shit get rid of Mike Hill and David Samson immediately. I actually dont mind samson as a person, but everyone from the last front office/ownership group needs to go.

Comment

• Gotta love the press but is it really Derek Jeter's Marlins? Guy put up $25 million or $400,000 more than Wei-Yen Chen will make for his 10 starts in 2020. Owns 2.1% of the team in reality

I just hope he is as good as he thinks and didn't ask Jeff what a CEO should do. Even tho he is running the baseball side,he needs to hire a President of Baseball and delegate some of the duties

On brightside no more Jeff Loria!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Michael Jordan also reportedly a part of the group. I have confidence in Jeter, but holy shit get rid of Mike Hill and David Samson immediately. I actually dont mind samson as a person, but everyone from the last front office/ownership group needs to go.
                                Samson and Hill will likely be around for little while to help out/do the jobs until the Sherman group is set to go and evaluates everyone. True for most of the staff but 2019 is still the target year for all of them.
                                Last edited by tjfla; 08-11-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X