No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just going by a writeup done after the trade. The fastball and curve are all he throws outside of a seldom used changeup so the curve would be his 2nd best pitch by default.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      I think the Dodgers made the right move. This is one of those THE TIME IS NOW moves.

But Calhoun has a monster bat and Darvish is a rental.

- - - - - - - - - -

Your post reads awful. Especially right after fauowls articulated really well that the Marlins actually made good moves this year at the deadline.
      You want me to get into and detail every time the marlins sold low and bought high and drafted terribly and didnt develop quality talent? Not only have i done that for every one of those aspects of the front office, but we all know of the players and moves who fall into each of those categories. I was marveling at the ineptness of the front office at every aspect of their job, not trying to detail said ineptness.

Comment

• Volquez needs TJ surgery. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          Which means 3 outcomes:

1) We ship him out for Cashner or the like

2) TJ surgery

3) He'll suck here and then go somewhere else and actually be what they think he'll be there.
          It was a joke because one of those three seems to be what happens with most of our pitchers.

---

So Riddle is out for the season with shoulder surgery.

Volquez is having TJ surgery.

Comment

It was a joke because one of those three seems to be what happens with most of our pitchers.

---

So Riddle is out for the season with shoulder surgery.

Volquez is having TJ surgery.
            TJ surgery out of nowhere!

LFG

Comment

• We shouldn't be aloud to sign any pitchers. We are the home where you will need TJ within the 1st two yrs you are here. Chen should get surgery but keeps pussyfooting around.

Comment

• Damn that sucks. Hope they are OK.

I dont think Riddle was the long term option at short but he seemed like a nice guy to have who could play both MI positons as well as 3rd. Nice guy to have on the bench.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Si next season we're looking at 25 mill on the shelf between volquez and Chen. Yes I'm pretty much writing off Chen already.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    Si next season we're looking at 25 mill on the shelf between volquez and Chen. Yes I'm pretty much writing off Chen already.
                    At this point, you can't count on him for much. He should've just had the surgery last season and have been ready this season. Instead, he's going to be in the same boat next year and then he'll finally decide to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      You want me to get into and detail every time the marlins sold low and bought high and drafted terribly and didnt develop quality talent? Not only have i done that for every one of those aspects of the front office, but we all know of the players and moves who fall into each of those categories. I was marveling at the ineptness of the front office at every aspect of their job, not trying to detail said ineptness.

Yes please go into detail how THIS YEARS (which is what was being discussed) moves at the trade deadline were inept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        Yes please go into detail how THIS YEARS (which is what was being discussed) moves at the trade deadline were inept.
                        I didnt quote anyone in my post, i dont really care what was being discussed. Ive already said they did alright this trade deadline, they just didnt trade enough of these veterans with no future here. I like the Mariners trade and I think Gonzalez has very good potential to be a solid starter for Ramos. All i said was they are inept at every aspect of being a front office. When we are buyers, we buy high on guys like Rodney. When we are sellers, we sell low on guys like Koehler, Cishek, Ramos to an extent, and others who we dont maximize their value relative to their impact at times on the team. We cheap out on drafting and the guys we do go after are babied and then undergo TJ surgery anyway. We havent developed one of our own impact players (either a SP or position player) in the last 3 years since Realmuto came up.

And this years trade deadline didnt go far enough because AJ ellis, Mcgowan, Koehler, Ziegler and Tazawa, Straily, etc. are all still on this team when they can net you something to help in the rebuild (even though it is not gonna be a lot for most of those guys). When you decide to sell and you know you are not going to contend next year, you need to go full sell mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          And this years trade deadline didnt go far enough because AJ ellis, Mcgowan, Koehler, Ziegler and Tazawa, Straily, etc. are all still on this team when they can net you something to help in the rebuild (even though it is not gonna be a lot for most of those guys). When you decide to sell and you know you are not going to contend next year, you need to go full sell mode.
                          But there is no reason to allow THIS front office (the one that you are criticizing) to go into full sell mode. Besides, Straily is only one on your list that would bring back anything of value...and the rest of the players mentioned may all still be dealt in August. Also, Straily is just as valuable in the winter or next July as he is now, so there was no need to trade him just to trade him. Get the right deal or hang onto him into next season.

I'm not a fan of this front office either, but I just don't have any issue with what they did at the deadline. In fact, I think it is smart to hold onto Ziegler and Tazawa for a few more weeks and let them pitch in high leverage spots...that can only help build their value.

Comment

• Apparently Bour's injury is worse than expected (what a surprise), and he's at least 3 weeks from beginning baseball activities and won't be back until mid-September, if at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                              Si next season we're looking at 25 mill on the shelf between volquez and Chen. Yes I'm pretty much writing off Chen already.
                              Hey Chen is around for April and Sept. May-August he is rehabbing(Too bad the season is during those months) Still don't understand Chen,they told him he could get surgery and been back by August 2017 or get plasma/rehab he went with rehab

He will finally get his surgery August 2019 then be out all of 2020.(By way he gets 47 million between 2019 and 2020). The FA after 2020

- - - - - - - - - -

I wonder does Dr.Andrews ask his assistant what Marlin Pitcher is scheduled this week or every Monday does he go to a machine which spits out a name and he just calls Jeff and says "Player X has won the raffle for TJ Surgery" to which Jeff says your arm looks bad go get it checked out

Starting to get sad.

Comment

Apparently Bour's injury is worse than expected (what a surprise), and he's at least 3 weeks from beginning baseball activities and won't be back until mid-September, if at all.

There's really no reason to bring Bour back in mid-September.

I can't believe how many guys are on the DL right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X