No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't this exact same scenario happen with us against Scherzer earlier in the year?

Comment

• Yup, except we won that game.

Comment

• Urena's year has been super encouraging. Him Conley and Straily really is not a terrible starting point in rebuilding a rotation.

Comment

• If Conley stays the good Conley. Sucks he was so bad at the beginning of the year. He's been good his last few starts though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            Yup, except we won that game.

If Gio loses the no-no in the 9th I like our chances to win.

Comment

• Urena looked amazing tonight. Was just saying to [MENTION=24]McLevin[/MENTION] that good Conley-Urena-Straily is a solid core of 2-4, not incredible but if you can find that ace somehow...
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Urena's year has been super encouraging. Him Conley and Straily really is not a terrible starting point in rebuilding a rotation.

Not so fast. Conley was so bad that he was sent down. He lost a starters job on the 2017 Marlins. Think about that.

I was at Conley's last outing. He gave up 2 HR's and about 5 warning track bombs.

I need to see a lot more good starts before I slot him in as a starter next year.

Comment

• I think the rotation is probably the best it's been all year right now. Which isn't saying a whole lot but still. If only the Worley/Koehler spot wasn't a dumpster fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Urena looked amazing tonight. Was just saying to [MENTION=24]McLevin[/MENTION] that good Conley-Urena-Straily is a solid core of 2-4, not incredible but if you can find that ace somehow...
                    Aren't there a bunch of big free agent pitchers this offseason? Not that we'd sign one but still.

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    I think the rotation is probably the best it's been all year right now. Which isn't saying a whole lot but still. If only the Worley/Koehler spot wasn't a dumpster fire.
                    Yeah even if Koehler were just his usual not great but not terrible either self.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Not so fast. Conley was so bad that he was sent down. He lost a starters job on the 2017 Marlins. Think about that.

I was at Conley's last outing. He gave up 2 HR's and about 5 warning track bombs.

I need to see a lot more good starts before I slot him in as a starter next year.
                      Are we just going to ignore the fact that he was great for us the previous two years? He definitely needs to perform, but I'm more inclined to believe he hit a rough patch and that's it.

- - - - - - - - - -

That was some weak shit from Stanton.

Comment

• Well the no no is gone but Stanton rolled into a double play and Yelich is about to strike out.

- - - - - - - - - -

Good job Ozuna.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          Are we just going to ignore the fact that he was great for us the previous two years? He definitely needs to perform, but I'm more inclined to believe he hit a rough patch and that's it.

- - - - - - - - - -

That was some weak shit from Stanton.
                          Ya, everything from Conley's years as a prospect to his first year or so in the rotation indicate he is more of the pitcher that he was last year. Him, Straily, And Urena will be guaranteed a rotation spot next year as long as they are here.

Comment

• So where do you guys see Conley in the rotation? A #2 starter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              So where do you guys see Conley in the rotation? A #2 starter?
                              I see Straily and Conley capable of being solid #3's but realistically on a playoff team they are better as number 4's. The 3 of them would be a really good 3-5 of a rotation, its just that we are counting on them to be 1-3 at this point which they just arent and wont be.

Comment

• I'm totally fine projecting Conley to be a solid #4 on a playoff caliber team.

I think Straily can be a #3 on a Wild Card type team.

Comment

Working...
                                X