Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Not sure if it changes anything, but the Rockies traded 3 prospects for Pat Neshek tonight.

Edit: Jose Gomez one of the prospects who went to the Phillies.
    They still have interest in AJ but Miami was asking for more than that which is why they grabbed Neshek.

Pretty much same deal as they talked to us about-Gomez or Hampson,low level SP but we wanted something better than JD Hammer(Even tho guy has the Wild Thing look) as the 3rd player. Reason is Ramos is controlled still

Dont worry market for AJ is still crazy. Cubs,TB,Washington,Boston,Colorado,Arizona-asking for 3 or 4 prospects more than what Neshek brought

- - - - - - - - - -

White Sox still showing MLB how to build

Traded Dan Jennings to TB for #10 prospect Casey Gillaspie
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Passan says that the Marlins are now letting teams know that Straily is available.

Probably the right move given the market for starters.

Comment

• It is the right move, and we should be able to get really good prospects, but this has mike hill giving up a top of the rotation talent in Luis Castillo for half a year of straily and then proceeding to get a worse haul than Castillo and Brice while the team is 10 games under .500 for straily's tenure. That would be peak mike hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          It is the right move, and we should be able to get really good prospects, but this has mike hill giving up a top of the rotation talent in Luis Castillo for half a year of straily and then proceeding to get a worse haul than Castillo and Brice while the team is 10 games under .500 for straily's tenure. That would be peak mike hill.
          He's available but the price is very high. Saying that they already have teams interested. The price is a SP better than that Castillo and more. They arent dying to get rid of him right now but are hoping a team that needs an arm(Houston/LA/Chicago/KC/NYY) wants him now and will pay

Heard they might even consider Ozuna trade if blown away by an offer but not a priority

Reason behind this is the market and the fact not close to agreement to sell the team

- - - - - - - - - -

Don't count out other teams like Atlanta,Minnesota,KC,Milwaukee on him either. He is controllable(reason we wanted him) which makes him very attractive

- - - - - - - - - -

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account
          @BNightengale

Teams interested in Sonny Gray, like the #Brewers. certainly have a cheaper option in #Marlins Straily if they desire
          Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Sell sell sell
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Amazing but Mike Hill seems to have learned how to be a GM this past month. The market is so crazy right now he has no choice but to listen on guys that he said were saying. If Volquez,Ziegler,Bour and Bearclaw weren't hurt they would also be getting alot of attention. Yelich,Stanton,JT are still untouchable BUT Ozuna(reports by major guys are won't be dealt) they have been listening to calls on. However unless they are blown away he won't be traded yet. When I say blown away I mean something so nuts guys would be giving Fish A++++ while other team F-.(Credit to my janitor friend in Jeff's office-he hears all the juicy stuff)

Dee Gordon also has a good chance of going somewhere. Hearing teams are not only willing to take his contract but give mid level prospects. KC/Philly/Toronto had interest

- - - - - - - - - -

On Straily,dont expect a trade just because they get offers. They are as happy as to hold onto him till the offseason or longer. The reason they are talking is because the market is so thin. The SP market is Darvish,Gray,Verlander,Liriano,Seth Lugo.

Volquez will jump into the market after Aug 1(if healthy)
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• For straily i hope we can get a top 100 pitching prospect and a starting level middle infield prospect.

Comment

• Straily should bring back two B+ guys and a take a flier arm. He probably brings that in the offseason due to club control. I'm skeptical of an overpayment with two big guys (Gray, Darvish) out there on the market and unless LA gets both, the two big "need an arm" clubs in LA and WASH getting one each.

Yankees may complicate matters but they don't strike me as a club that's interested in overpaying for a back of the rotation arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                    Straily should bring back two B+ guys and a take a flier arm. He probably brings that in the offseason due to club control. I'm skeptical of an overpayment with two big guys (Gray, Darvish) out there on the market and unless LA gets both, the two big "need an arm" clubs in LA and WASH getting one each.

Yankees may complicate matters but they don't strike me as a club that's interested in overpaying for a back of the rotation arm.
                    I was actually gonna argue the opposite for the yanks. They strike me as a team who actually might just be interested in a guy like Straily because of the haul they got last week. It seems to me they would then be willing to settle for a middle-back of the rotation type arm to replace Pineda's spot and then try to "royals" the playoffs with an average rotation and great bullpen.

Comment

• castillo is a top of the rotation talent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                        castillo is a top of the rotation talent?
                        I think this is a tougher call than it seems at first look. Castillo at the start of 2016 was looked at as a future reliever and was viewed as a prospect similar to how Urena was for us. Castillo was on fire in 2016 (pitching in Jupiter tho) and continued that all the way to AA in 2017 and now the majors. Given that the team tried to unload him to San Diego, it seems the Marlins initially viewed Castillo's sudden rise as a bit of a fluke and wanted to trade him at what they viewed as the highest value (team made a similar move when they traded Desclafani/Wallach for Latos).

Castillo's got some good stuff, as the biggest thing scouts always talked about him was that his fastball packed some good heat. That said I think his ceiling is likely that of a #3 starter, although given how he's progressed, and the fact that he's just 24 years old, he could definitely grow in short time. At the moment, the Straily for Castillo/Brice trade seems to be an even deal, given that Straily is a #3, Castillo looks like a future #3, and Brice is a long term project as a reliever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                          castillo is a top of the rotation talent?
                          i think so. Not an ace type pitcher but definitely a quality 2/3 potential guy who misses a lot of bats and is obviously under contract for 6 years for nothing. I do agree that the trade itself was even but can certainly go either way depending on what Mike Hill ends up getting for Straily.

Comment

• Prado is apparently considering knee surgery.

Comment

• Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• i guess i'm just surprised that we had a top of the rotation talent to trade away after all i've heard about how we have the worst farm system in the league and no viable prospects

Comment

Working...
                                X