No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not a fan of the combo last night.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      Thank goodness.
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        I was not a fan of the combo last night.
        Me neither, what really caught me by surprise were the orange helmets with the black tops. It was horrific imo.

Comment

• I was surprised how drastically different the hat/helmet color was in person compared with the replay board. In person, undeniably orange, on television/replay borderline red.

Comment

• Wonderful

Dreadful

Comment

• I guess I'm in the minority then, I like the black jerseys. Look 10000000000000000000 times better in person.

By far the best name/number combo of the new sets too (no stupid drop shadow, the white lettering is sharp).
              --------------------
              For you jerseyphiles, we're using two patches this year:

All the authentics being sold at the stadium have the patches on now. I could not find an authentic with a name/number on it, only blank. The big team store in the plaza does personalization but they seem to only do heat press, not stitched (gross) and the people there didn't really understand me when I asked if they stitched the jerseys too. Maybe in a week or two they'll have player specific ones in.
              Last edited by Swifty; 04-03-2012, 01:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• My biggest issue and I think mendoza's to were the orange helmets combined with the black jerseys. The jerseys are ok with me though I prefer the home whites.

I'm really liking those patches.

Comment

• I think the patch is OK. Here are some other recent ones for comparison's sake.

(The golden standard, IMO)

(LOL)

Comment

• Was that seriously the citifield patch?

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins02 View Post
                      My biggest issue and I think mendoza's to were the orange helmets combined with the black jerseys. The jerseys are ok with me though I prefer the home whites.

I'm really liking those patches.

Exactly. I like the black jerseys and I like the orange caps/helmets, but the combination of the two is awful.

My favorites are the home whites with the black caps, though I imagine the home whites with the orange caps would look great too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                        I think the patch is OK. Here are some other recent ones for comparison's sake.

(The golden standard, IMO)

(LOL)

That Yankee patch is beautiful, the 08 patch for the old Yankee stadium was great to, they do everything right from a business standpoint. The mets patch on the other hand makes me want some Dominoes pizza.

Comment

• The SBJ came out with an article about the Marlins logo and the development of it. Said the development took about 28 months to settle on a design that worked. Here are a bunch of concepts they had:

Comment

• wow, makes the current one that much better
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• The first one looks like the logo to a hotel.

#2 like a sports apparel company.

#3 looks decent.

#4 is a reject super heroe's insignia.

The last two look like mass transit logos.

Comment

• The only one that doesn't suck is the original
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X