X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    let's not judge him on this very small sample size

that being said, he's been very good thus far
    As Nny said, I just have a problem with the fact that we traded him for Carlos Lee because I think Carlos Lee sucks (said so at the time) and we were not a contending team anyway (said so at the time).

Whether Dominguez becomes good or not, I don't know. For what it's worth, he doesn't have to hit this much to be valuable as many had said before when it was fun to like him. His defense has already been very good in his short time in Houston.

If you're a fan of the WAR statistic, Dominguez has already been worth more than Carlos Lee this year.

Furthermore, I probably would not care if we had another 3B waiting in the wings, but we're currently stuck with nothing. Nothing in the organization and a lot of mediocrity in free agency.
    --------------------
    It's almost like what people criticize the Dolphins for in regards to the Brandon Marshall trade/having no solution to replace him at WR.
    Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Just look at the MIA/HOU trades like I do

Dominguez for Ruggiano

Rasmussen/Morales for Lee

Yes trading Dominguez for Lee was a terrible move and even worse when we traded Hanley,but if u say we got Ruggiano for him the deal looks ALOT better.We got a ML starting OF for 2013 and at worst a 4th OF for the next 2after,while Dominguez will be a ML 3B for his defense and prolly 10 HR's a year. Rasmussen at best will be a LOOGY and Morales is nothing.

The Sanchez trade was made because what we got in return. If Pitt didn't offer that Supplemental #1 we would have held onto him and he would have been the vet 1B instead of Lee next year.

Comment

That's not the way it works.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Just look at the MIA/HOU trades like I do

Dominguez for Ruggiano

Rasmussen/Morales for Lee

Yes trading Dominguez for Lee was a terrible move and even worse when we traded Hanley,but if u say we got Ruggiano for him the deal looks ALOT better.
          That's pretty silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            That's not the way it works.
            I know it doesn't but deal doesn't look that bad then.

Comment

We'd all be soooooooooo mad if Matt Dominguez was our 3rd baseman

Comment

I think we all know that the best way to evaluate the trades is to look at them separately considering one had nothing to do with the other.

They made a minor deal for Ruggiano, which turned out nicely; they, then, traded for Carlos Lee which had nothing to do with the Ruggiano move.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Beef View Post
                We're all soooooooooo happy that Carlos Lee is our 1B now, though.

Well, you probably are. You like Carlos Lee so there's a positive to the deal, I guess...
                Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 03:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I wonder what will happen when Dominguez bats like shit again.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                    I wonder what will happen when Dominguez bats like shit again.
                    Then we would say damn he can't hit but atleast he can play defense

Comment

People are probably just disappointed that the team traded an above average prospect for a mediocre player with no upside.

Considering that this whole season was basically aired on Showtime, this front office showed a lack of direction all season.

If I remember correctly, part of the reason why no one cared about trading Dominguez was because the team would never need him, anyway (considering Hanley was the 3B).

All season you're told that this was going to be "Hanley's team" until they decided one night that "it was time to trade Hanley" because "the team can't win with him."

It's just funny that you trade one of your best prospects for mediocrity because you feel like you're a buyer (despite various signals indicating that the team really sucked by the beginning of July), and then 3 weeks later, you're selling (what you should have been doing all along).

And now you have a massive hole at a position you were rather strong in because the front office is not properly evaluating what it has.

Comment

I think I was more disappointed that Dominguez was one of our best prospects.

He's not very good. We lost the trade. But he's really insignificant. I don't see what the big deal is.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          And now you have a massive hole at a position you were rather strong in because the front office is not properly evaluating what it has.
                          Are you talking about third base?
                          --------------------

He's not very good. We lost the trade. But he's really insignificant. I don't see what the big deal is.
                          Message boards are for complaining.

about everything
                          Last edited by Beef; 09-15-2012, 03:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yeah. It's pretty funny, really. Many of these same people would be saying "WE HAVE TO GET A THIRD BASEMAN THIS OFFSEASON!!!" if Dominguez were currently occupying the spot.

The guy has had a whole 57 at-bats this season. FIFTY-SEVEN. Only one time did Dominguez ever really put up similar numbers in the minors, and that was all the back in 2008 in Greensboro. Since then, his best OPS in the minors has been .753, and that was the following year.

Crucifying the FO for trading Dominguez just because he is putting up decent numbers in not even a month's worth of at-bats is pretty silly.

Comment

If your team sucks and you have no prospects, how do you get better by trading one of your better prospects for a mediocre player?

Also, it's rather premature to say that he's "not very good" and holds no value to any organization's future. He's currently performing now, scouts have always loved his defense, and his power #'s were not that bad at several levels in the minors. He can be a nice 3B (not superstar) for a big league team.

He's better than what we currently have.
                              --------------------
                              Are you talking about third base?
                              --------------------

Message boards are for complaining.

about everything
                              Yes.
                              Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 03:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Honestly, I have a hard time even calling Dominguez a "prospect" anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X