No announcement yet.

Marlins Chosen for Season Two of "The Franchise"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea way to much time on the wives tonight, although Mrs Hayes made it better.

Comment

• This show is just depressing at this point.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• It's like Game of Thrones.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I don't watch that, I suppose I'm "That Guy".
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Thoughts on the episode so far

Bell looks like a whale on the trainers table. Common.

I really liked the Logan/Logan's Dad segment. Touching stuff.
            --------------------
            The John Buck segment got totally redeemed once the cab driver got into Citi Field.
            Last edited by Namaste; 08-15-2012, 09:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• The final episode of “The Franchise” on Showtime will air Wednesday. Originally, the series was scheduled to run for eight episodes and end on Aug. 29. But a special preview that focused on the Fidel Castro flap involving Ozzie Guillen is being counted toward the total.

“There was an option to do more,” said Marlins president David Samson, “but given the state of our season, it was decided that the original eight would suffice.”
              http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/1...#storylink=cpy
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Our TV show even got cancelled. Fire Beinfest!

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Showtime aired its final episode of The Franchise on Wednesday night, wrapping up a season of disappointment for the Marlins by giving us the voices of the players still around as well as a frustrated front office, which promised that there is not only enough talent in Miami to win next year, but that expectations for 2013 should be high.

Owner Jeffrey Loria, filmed inside an empty Marlins Park after the team wrapped up its most recent homestand against the Phillies with a victory after being shut out in the previous three games, said he “realized early on it was broke, and it had to be fixed.”

“It’s not happening this year, but we have an enormously successful core of young players, a new young catcher in [Rob] Brantly. I have very high hopes.”

The question on fans’ minds — if the team will spend money this offseason to upgrade — remained unanswered. The closest we got was this from president David Samson: “We need to let our fans know we care about winning as much as they do, and we’re going to keep trying as hard as they would want us to try.”

And this from Loria: “We are always striving to be winners.”

• The rest of the episode centered on the arrival of Brantly, the role of pinch-hitter Greg Dobbs (who ended the team’s 30-inning scoreless streak Aug. 15) and new closer Steve Cishek, who was asking people if they had ever heard of him.

At one point, Samson tells Brantly inside the Marlins’ clubhouse cafeteria: “We were talking about this trade, and the owner is on the phone and you should just know — it’s no pressure — he said, ‘We will not make this trade unless we get this kid Brantly.’ … So you were wanted. That’s a positive.”

Brantly’s response: “I’m honored.”

• Manager Ozzie Guillen, meanwhile, told Showtime that the toughest part of the season for him wasn’t the June swoon or the dismantling of his team at the trade deadline. It was the embarrassment he suffered from his Fidel Castro comments.

Guillen closes out the episode by saying the Marlins “have to make Miami a baseball town.”
                    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/2...#storylink=cpy
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• LolBrantly.

Comment

• The Greg Dobbs segment was awesome.

Loria's wife/gf/whatever looks like she can't wait for Loria to die.

I can cancel Showtime now.

Comment

• I didn't watch. Even I'm ashamed of me.
                          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            The Greg Dobbs segment was awesome.

There's a beautiful cycle of old rich guy marrying hot young ass that the world gets to experience.

Rich old guy gets young wife --> old guy dies or she divorces him after racking up enough years of service --> hot MILFy/cougar-ish lady with lots of her ex-husband's/dead husband's money starts to prowl for young metes
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• I just watched the final three episodes. I really, really liked the Buck/cab segment. That was very funny to me. Also seeing Ozzie on a Soap Opra or whatever was very funny. And Dobbs is the most interesting baseball player in the world, for sure.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                The Greg Dobbs segment was awesome.

At least she won't have to get attendance incredibly low to move the team to miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X