Clear All

• can't wait to see dietrich be a star somewhere else

Comment

• Fuck the Marlins.

That is all.

Comment

• Trade him for prospects! #Rebuild #Youth

Comment

• I think the thing that bothers me most about getting rid of Dietrich(aside from the FO's love of players like Casey McGehee showing just how far away they are from how modern baseball front offices think) is that I think Dietrich could be an awesome utility guy who can play all 4 infield positions and the OF corners and be a nice power bat off the bench. And they are throwing that away because he butt hurt the 80 year old owner.

Grow the fuck up.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• He definitely can't play short. I mean if he's the last guy on the bench and the shortstop gets injured, he's probably the best option but he should never start there.

Also, I don't have a problem with listening to the owner about most things. He does sign all their paychecks. I have a problem with not moving him a year and a half ago if he was never going to be a serious option.

Comment

• Why couldn't he play short? For the record, thats the position he played the most in the minors, although not since 2012.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I didn't realize that, but he's too much of a defensive liability at short and he hasn't played there once since joining the organization or above high-a.

Comment

• The Marlins survived Hanley Ramirez and Hechavarria's first two seasons. No reason Dietrich couldn't get the occasional start there.
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Ya I am with u guys. Play him at 3B and then bring Rojas in if needed to play defense in the 9th. But they have some need to get rid of him(We all know why) which is why they were trying him at 1B/LF. They wanted to bring his value up and looks like they have. Now no clue if they will deal him but hearing that teams that like Ben Zobrist also like DD-younger and much cheaper

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    He definitely can't play short. I mean if he's the last guy on the bench and the shortstop gets injured, he's probably the best option but he should never start there.

Also, I don't have a problem with listening to the owner about most things. He does sign all their paychecks. I have a problem with not moving him a year and a half ago if he was never going to be a serious option.
                    Can't move something that doesn't have value,which is why the sent him down to AAA let him get his stroke and now he has some. It is like Brad Hand,no one would give anything more than a low level prospect for him but as soon as u DFA him he is 100% gone

Comment

• ho hum he just blasted a fuckin homer

Comment

• Also on the Ozuna front,they are very open to dealing him(for the right package). They even have talked about keeping Prado around to play LF and putting Yelich in CF next year.

They love his potential still but think between the power drop off/no interest in talking extension and "baggage"(I did not get what that meant yet) they would listen

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Can't move something that doesn't have value,which is why the sent him down to AAA let him get his stroke and now he has some. It is like Brad Hand,no one would give anything more than a low level prospect for him but as soon as u DFA him he is 100% gone
                          Value is all about perception. Because of Loria, Dietrich has had essentially zero value to the Marlins for the past year so anything is really more valuable to the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            Why couldn't he play short? For the record, thats the position he played the most in the minors, although not since 2012.
                            Just because he played it doesn't mean he's good at it. He's also not good at the other positions.
                            I just can't believe (or actually I can since this front office is stupid) that we're giving Casey McGehee playing time in a lost season.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Also on the Ozuna front,they are very open to dealing him(for the right package). They even have talked about keeping Prado around to play LF and putting Yelich in CF next year.

They love his potential still but think between the power drop off/no interest in talking extension and "baggage"(I did not get what that meant yet) they would listen
                            They would trade Ozuna now because that is exactly what a dumb organization would do.

Comment

• "baggage"(I did not get what that meant yet)
                              C'mon! You're a MLB insider! You're suppose to know everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                Just because he played it doesn't mean he's good at it. He's also not good at the other positions.
                                I just can't believe (or actually I can since this front office is stupid) that we're giving Casey McGehee playing time in a lost season.

- - - - - - - - - -

They would trade Ozuna now because that is exactly what a dumb organization would do.
                                I understand that. But having him play there rarely as a bat off the bench to spell the starters at the position, his lack of D won't really be that much of an issue at all.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X