Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather trade Ozuna for prospects than deal him for Giles.

Comment

• That's definitely fair

Comment

• ESPN's Jerry Crasnick was told by several rival executives that they expect the Mariners to trade Mark Trumbo this offseason.
        Trumbo currently projects to be the primary first baseman in 2016, but a lot can change over the winter. It's worth noting that new Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto, formerly with the Angels, has traded him before. Trumbo projects to make in excess of $9 million in his final year of arbitration. He turns 30 in January and batted .262/.310/.449 with 22 home runs and 64 RBI over 142 games this past season.
        I can see them trading for him and having him play 1B against LHP, LF against RHP, with Yelich playing a lot of CF next year. Just saying. Loria loves dingers.

Comment

• Who hits better next season: Ozuna in Philly or Dietrich in Oakland?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            I can see them trading for him and having him play 1B against LHP, LF against RHP, with Yelich playing a lot of CF next year. Just saying. Loria loves dingers.
            They tried before but didn't offer the arms the teams wanted. Seattle probably will want an arm as well.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            Who hits better next season: Ozuna in Philly or Dietrich in Oakland?
            Dietrich in Miami? Ozuna has replaced Dietrich in Jeff's doghouse. DD only cries about coaches/Ozuna cries about everything(allegedly)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              They tried before but didn't offer the arms the teams wanted. Seattle probably will want an arm as well.
              Koehler

If Ozuna is going to be 1 SP, and a free agent another, they can roll out Fernandez, Free Agent, Guy for Ozuna, Cosart, Nicolino/Phelps/Urena, with Alvarez on the DL. That's a pretty good depth chart.

Positionally, they could roll out a bench of Trumbo/Platoon CF Bench Guy, Dietrich, Rojas, Ichiro, Telis/FA and have this weird platoon of Bour vs RHP/Trumbo vs LHP at 1B, and Yelich/Ichiro/Platoon CF Bench Guy.

They can find someone to help in CF.

Also, Trumbo is not an ideal option for me, but they have liked him before. Just saying, could work if they get a good enough SP for Ozuna and sign a real one and not Pelfrey.

Comment

• Looks like Ozuna to Seattle

No names yet but hearing and has been reported that they are talking and "advanced" stages

- - - - - - - - - -

If they get Walker somehow!!! They had talked at the deadline and a few times before but Seattle was unwilling to deal him

Names tho they have liked in the past Trumbo/DJ Peterson/Seth Smith/Zunino

- - - - - - - - - -

Clark Spencer says Karns or Elias?

Elias and Trumbo(Seattle throwing in cash) for Ozuna maybe? Terrible trade but least kills some birds. Karns is Koehler or Phelps. I would hold out for Walker or even Paxton and if not that then see about DJ Peterson
                Last edited by tjfla; 11-24-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• I would like to see a good third prospect (Peterson?) if its is Elias and Trumbo. Marlins are really selling low there for a 4th SP and 1 year out of a 1-1.5 WAR Trumbo. But dingers?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    I would like to see a good third prospect (Peterson?) if its is Elias and Trumbo. Marlins are really selling low there for a 4th SP and 1 year out of a 1-1.5 WAR Trumbo. But dingers?
                    I would shoot for Walker but I can see a Elias,Trumbo(with cash coming back like usual)and a Patrick Kivlehan(25 yr old 3B prospect) or Carson Smith (26 6'6 215 RP) for Ozuna. They get stuff they can use(Controllable SP/Platoon 1B and OF with power/ML Ready player) for a guy they want gone.

According to Frisaro tho they are now getting ALOT of calls on him(BULLSHIT) so they might be trying to talk Seattle into a Walker

- - - - - - - - - -

As for earlier post,don't be surprised if JA Happ is our big FA signing. Hope its the Pitt version tho

Frisaro now saying could be a much larger deal. Damn he sucks at reporting HAHA. Looks like they are trying to talk Seattle into Walker or atleast Paxton

Looks like larger part could include Mike Montgomery/Brad Hand
                    Last edited by tjfla; 11-24-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• lol JA Happ. If that's the big free agent signing just call the season off now.

But hey, it's totally Marlins style to overpay a guy who posts an ERA under 2 in his last 63 IP after being nothing more than a mid 4 ERA pitcher the first 7 years of his career. There's absolutely no way that kind of signing is going to backfire.

Comment

• The Marlins never get top prospects in return. They're kings of selling low and getting mediocre prospects. I fully expect that to happen here unfortunately.

Comment

• I could totally see the Marlins front office being interested in Zunino.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            I could totally see the Marlins front office being interested in Zunino.
                            I think I'd hate this more than trading Jose
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• The deal is still being discussed but the word blockbuster should be replaced by big deal.

They discussed Elias and Trumbo(with cash)for Ozuna. Miami prefers Walker who they have asked about ALOT to which Seattle said no. Then Miami put the rumor out that "they were talking to multiple teams" HAHAH,to which Seattle countered with maybe another arm too-Montgomery and a prospect or 2(Nothing great tho-likely Kivelhan or Smith and a low level project arm).

The deal will likely get done(cause no one else will offer them a SP) with Elias but they really want Walker

Deal discussed(PLEASE THO to the 3 guys who get mad when 1 name is wrong-REMEMBER IT CAN CHANGE)

Ozuna/possibly Brad Hand or Rienzo to Seattle for Elias/Trumbo(and cash)/Montgomery/Carson Smith OR Kivelhan/low level project arm

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              I would like to see a good third prospect (Peterson?) if its is Elias and Trumbo. Marlins are really selling low there for a 4th SP and 1 year out of a 1-1.5 WAR Trumbo. But dingers?
                              Dont forget Trumbo will likely come with cash which means probably Kivelhan instead of Peterson. If we were a normal ML team who didn't beg for pennies then I could see Peterson in the deal BUT when we ask for Seattle to cover 90% of Trumbo's salary/his moving expenses and all teams usually give shittier prospects

Comment

• If the Marlins get Carson Smith, Roenis Elias, Mark Trumbo, cash, and 2 prospects for Ozuna and a long reliever, I will be shocked. I'm not sure you can say Carson Smith is "nothing great" when he had a 2.1 WAR 2015.

Ozuna is a good gamble for a team, but come on now. In that scenario, the Marlins are throwing in more or there are radically less guys in the deal for Seattle.

Comment

Working...
                                X