Dee Gordon Wins First Career Gold Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    How many non-firesale scenarios can we think of in which a club-controlled player coming off a, let's call it top-15 season, and a career year, was traded that offseason?
    Josh Donaldson maybe? (I say that not knowing his full contract status, while realizing that type of move doesn't happen often.)

Comment

lol Jay

- - - - - - - - - -

All of the crying about Loria and there are Marlins fans that actually wish Loria would jettison the best player on the team in 2015.

There are probably 12 people on the planet who think it's a smart business/baseball decision for the Marlins to move Dee.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        Josh Donaldson maybe? (I say that not knowing his full contract status, while realizing that type of move doesn't happen often.)
        Donaldson wasn't coming off a career year, his career year came after he was traded. He had a much better season in 2013 than in 2014.

And it was mostly salary-related. Jumped from 500k in 2014 to 4.5m in 2015 with arb coming. But yeah, that's probably the closest thing in recent memory, but again, didn't make the A's better. Got a lesser replacement in Lawrie and a so-so pitcher in Graveman.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Moves don't happen in a vacuum and there are plenty of holes on the roster to fill and really no assets in the minors to do so. So if you can move Dee for a ~3 WAR pitcher and a ~2 WAR 3rd baseman or centerfielder, you're upgrading the team overall. We also have Prado, Dietrich, and Ozuna to play with here. I'm not saying Dee has to be traded this offseason; I'm saying given the state of the franchise and that his value has peaked it would be a wise choice to float his name out there.

Dee is turning 28 and due for a large pay increase this year which will only keep going up. I think he's salary will be reasonable for 2016 but after that I think it's a bad use of funds for a team that refuses to spend money.

Also, steamer has him projected as a 2.0 WAR player next year. Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks he's going to come no where near this year's performance next year.

- - - - - - - - - -

Moves don't happen in a vacuum and there are plenty of holes on the roster to fill and really no assets in the minors to do so. So if you can move Dee for a ~3 WAR pitcher and a ~2 WAR 3rd baseman or centerfielder, you're upgrading the team overall. We also have Prado, Dietrich, and Ozuna to play with here. I'm not saying Dee has to be traded this offseason; I'm saying given the state of the franchise and that his value has peaked it would be a wise choice to float his name out there.

Dee is turning 28 and due for a large pay increase this year which will only keep going up. I think he's salary will be reasonable for 2016 but after that I think it's a bad use of funds for a team that refuses to spend money.

Also, steamer has him projected as a 2.0 WAR player next year. Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks he's going to come no where near this year's performance next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            lol Jay

- - - - - - - - - -

All of the crying about Loria and there are Marlins fans that actually wish Loria would jettison the best player on the team in 2015.

There are probably 12 people on the planet who think it's a smart business/baseball decision for the Marlins to move Dee.
            It might be a smart baseball decision. I'm sure some teams would do it actually. The Marlins wouldn't consider it, however, because we like to trade players when their value reaches its lowest point.

Comment

Working...
            X