Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That makes no sense.

Comment

• Still talking to Cleveland about Ozuna. NYY about Capps AND Koehler. Houston is also in on Capps.

The Tampa talk maybe about DD for a RP

Bryan Morris is also picking up steam

Comment

• If we trade Dietrich for a reliever...smdh.

Comment

• Capps is the hot name around the league right now. If u like Chapman or Kimbrel then u love Capps.

Yep 2 minor leaguers no names tho yet

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Jeff Passan says a ton of team are talking to the Marlins about Capps
            While we all love Capps, lets be fair that his value is pretty high right now. Only way we'd have higher value for him is if we let him close instead of Ramos, and Ramos has done a killer job this year. I'm not opposed to trading Capps to restock our dead farm system. While Capps has future closer written all over him, it has been proven in the past that filling out a half decent bullpen doesn't need to be that hard or expensive.

Comment

• Villaneuva?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                Villaneuva?
                Gotta think he is the position guy

Comment

• Moved all Haren talk to its own thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                    While we all love Capps, lets be fair that his value is pretty high right now. Only way we'd have higher value for him is if we let him close instead of Ramos, and Ramos has done a killer job this year. I'm not opposed to trading Capps to restock our dead farm system. While Capps has future closer written all over him, it has been proven in the past that filling out a half decent bullpen doesn't need to be that hard or expensive.
                    Seems like everyone has forgotten that he nearly had Tommy John surgyer last season. I'd move him right now.
                    poop

Comment

• For sure, Capps is unbelievably nasty right now, but I just don't think his health will hold. That violent delivery and history of injury don't bode well for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        Seems like everyone has forgotten that he nearly had Tommy John surgyer last season. I'd move him right now.
                        100% agree. There's history to suggest guys with the unconventional delivery like Capps don't last long health wise. While he's really good, now is the time to cash in on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post

LETS KEEP PLAYING FOR NEXT SEASON AND THE SEASON AFTER THAT AND TRADE KNOWNS FOR UNKOWNS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad they traded Haren and the Latos deal only sucked but it was a pure salary dump but do we have a link that shows that Carter Capps is on the brink of needing surgery or are we just speculating?

- - - - - - - - - -

Isn't his lower body movement unconventional? I don't see how that is necessarily making him more prone to Tommy John.
                          Last edited by Namaste; 07-31-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            LETS KEEP PLAYING FOR NEXT SEASON AND THE SEASON AFTER THAT AND TRADE KNOWNS FOR UNKOWNS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad they traded Haren and the Latos deal only sucked but it was a pure salary dump but do we have a link that shows that Carter Capps is on the brink of needing surgery or are we just speculating?

- - - - - - - - - -

Isn't his lower body movement unconventional? I don't see how that is necessarily making him more prone to Tommy John.
                            The stress he puts on his elbow when you watch his pitching motion is a huge red flag.

Comment

• I've watched his motion a lot.

And the way I see it is that anyone who throws laser beams is putting a tremendous amount of stress on their elbow.

I'm not an orthopedic doctor. Do we have any orthopedic doctors on the board?

Comment

• I have a problem with trading Capps if the return is not more valuable to the big league club next year and under club control.

Comment

Working...
                                X