• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Skipworth was DFA'd.
    Ha, I thought he'd be next after Hatcher but I guess they are pro mustache

Comment

I did it.

Daft, don't forget to make a sarcastic comment about me wanting us to sign this guy if he ends up being shitty.

Comment

Ok. Pinky swear promise.

Comment

Daft crossed his fingers behind his back.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I read somewhere that McGehee lost about 20 pounds last season in Japan, which was a big part of his success. He also said he changed his approach at the plate. Let's see if that translates to the US. Sounds like Heath Bell to me.

Comment

Sounds like Mr. Baseball to me
              --------------------
              Originally posted by nny View Post
              He's at 3.something service time I think? Maybe 4. We'd still have at least one year of control over him after this season, maybe two.
              Not that it really matters, but he's at 5.028 days of service so no arbitration control
              Last edited by lou; 12-19-2013, 08:46 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                Sounds like Mr. Baseball to me
                --------------------

Not that it really matters, but he's at 5.028 days of service so no arbitration control
                Source?

I really doubt that considering he was only in the majors for four years (2009-2012). He spent years prior in the minors and 2013 in Japan. So I don't see how he could have reached 5.

Though like you say it really doesn't matter much. Just nice if he does pan out to have another year of control of him.
                Last edited by nny; 12-19-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Cots has that (pretty much any service time thing I look there, they added him sometime late last night). I just looked at his stats though and I think you might be right and they made an error or typo.

I would imagine he has full seasons 09-12 (doesn't look like he was in minors enough in 2012, 7 games), and nominal days in 2008 (played in 9 games). That sounds like a "4.028" to me. I'm thinking they have some sort of excel file and it counted 2013 as a season which bumped it up, or just a flat out typo. I sent the guy an email and we'll see whats up.

But yea, that is good for them if he has a solid season and they can retain him. Would be nice to bridge the gap to Moran in house.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Skipworth was DFA'd.
                    Ya he was the 1st position guy up to go-they had been including him in all the trade offers they were making so no surprise

Hatcher is still next but no reason in DFA him yet. However the next pitcher we sign means Hatcher is gone

Comment

Great catch. You're right - Japan shouldn't count. He's back to 4 years, 28 days.
                      I appreciate the heads-up. Hang in there with the Marlins. If nothing else, they're always interesting!
                      -- jeff
                      nny FTW

Comment

Atta boy(s), NNY and Lou!
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          Casey McGehee is having a fantastically weird season.

He has 51 RBI in 84 games, putting him on pace for 96 on the season. He has an isolated slugging percentage of .077.

No player since 1923 has drive in 95+ runs with an ISO below .080. No player since integration has drive in 95+ runs with an ISO below .100.

This is fantastic.
                          Didn't want this note to get lost, because I think it's funny.
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            I'd really like us to take a shot on Casey McGehee.

he hit .292/.376/.515 in Japan this year and he has hit before in the majors (.291/.346/.477 in 1064pa in 2009-10, but then fell off the table in 11-12, .221/.282/.351 in 952), so it's not totally impossible to think he could again

:-)

Comment

HOW DID HUGG KNOW, BOYS?

Comment

One time

Comment

Working...
                                X