This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
    Scruggs actually hit righties better last season in AAA. Maxwell and Scruggs aren't bad depth signings though as at least they have MLB experience with some success.
    2014 AAA- Vs LHP- 140 AB's .350 BA 11HR 40 RBI

Comment

• The Braves, according to sources, asked the Yankees for top young righthander Luis Severino in their talks. Severino was merely a request and there is no evidence the Yanks are considering that. The Braves are also said to expect young outfielder Marcell Ozuna, who's available, plus more from the Marlins.
      http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...una-are-linked
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• More? Have they not seen our Farm System

On the 3B Front, the Korean 3B Kwang was posted. We should make a bid but we won't because it would make baseball sense. No merch ormarketing chances for Jeff with him

Comment

• What do you all think about Doug Fister?

Comment

• He'd be a decent, buy-low guy on a one-year deal. Pittsburgh would probably give a better offer
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• nevermind already posted

Comment

• It'd just be nice for them to sign someone that has a chance at being something worth getting rather than the 'scrap heap' we all know we will and usually get (yes, I know he had a down year, but I'm pretty sure there's a consensus he's better than last year's numbers indicate).

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  Somebody pay him (Loria) to get him out of here.

I wonder who it was/is
                  Few names to consider:

- Mickey Arison: Because duh, he is worth $3 billion and owns the most successful professional sports team in the state over the last 25 years.
                  - Frank Codina: I am fairly certain he was the money behind the Jeb Bush's inquiry in 2012-2013ish. Was a Jeb Bush business partner for many years. I believe the two remain close friends. Codina was at Opening Day this season.
                  - Phillip Frost: Lives down the street from Marlins Park and is also worth billions. He and his wife have their names on just about every major public cultural project in Miami-Dade.

Comment

• Reports are we are looking to sign Barry Bonds as our hitting coach!! WHY???

Instead of hiring him to a position we already have filled(Menechino is coming back next year) why don't we spend the million or more on something to actually improve the team. Say a FA/IFA or taking on salary instead of making another team pay the guy and getting a crap prospect

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Reports are we are looking to sign Barry Bonds as our hitting coach!! WHY???

Instead of hiring him to a position we already have filled(Menechino is coming back next year) why don't we spend the million or more on something to actually improve the team. Say a FA/IFA or taking on salary instead of making another team pay the guy and getting a crap prospect
                      Don't know you know it's a Marlins requirement to pay millions to 15 different managers, general managers, hitting coaches, and other executives at once, whether they still work here or not? Gotta fill that quota somehow. All while using couch change to scrape together a "playoff" team.

Originally posted by Party View Post
                      Few names to consider:

- Mickey Arison: Because duh, he is worth $3 billion and owns the most successful professional sports team in the state over the last 25 years.
                      - Frank Codina: I am fairly certain he was the money behind the Jeb Bush's inquiry in 2012-2013ish. Was a Jeb Bush business partner for many years. I believe the two remain close friends. Codina was at Opening Day this season.
                      - Phillip Frost: Lives down the street from Marlins Park and is also worth billions. He and his wife have their names on just about every major public cultural project in Miami-Dade.
                      Your first suggestion reminds me of that terrible April Fools joke one of you posted here a few years back when I didn't realize it was April 1st and I got so excited about it. Hopefully something actually comes from this. For a while, I thought he was waiting for that stadium contract clause to expire after next season (I think it was) that said he had to pay x% to the city if he sold the team before then (I'm pretty sure that was a thing), but now maybe he is waiting for the All Star Game and new TV contract that he can use to bump up the value and ask for more.....

....or he'll just remain cheap and just keep his money machine.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it'd be nice to get an owner willing to treat the team like a real franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        He'd be a decent, buy-low guy on a one-year deal. Pittsburgh would probably give a better offer
                        Buying low in this market is still $9 million.

Comment

• Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 4m4 minutes ago
                          Juan Nieves will indeed be the marlins pitching coach. Still awaiting definitive word on the possible new hitting coach.

Comment

• Even after Seattle signing Aoki and trading Trumbo,Seattle is still after Ozuna.

They traded Trumbo to Baltimore because #1 they were gonna non tender him(so they decided to get something for him before the deadline-Miami knows nothing about how to do that) and #2 they dont see a Ozuna trade till atleast the meetings

As for Aoki,they decided to sign him if they can't get Ozuna(now they have a backup) and it also lets them tell us that the deal is Elias and others for Ozuna and NOT Walker since they now have Aoki

- - - - - - - - - -

On the FA front,it looks like we were after Happ but missed him so we are now on

Chen!!

Wei-Yen Chen is the one on our target list even tho when they probably told Jeff he thought they meant Bruce Chen on a minor league deal. Hopefully they told him no it will cost us 10 million a year
                            Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              even tho when they probably told Jeff he thought they meant Bruce Chen on a minor league deal
                              I don't think this is true

Comment

• I would be a big fan of Chen at the right price.

Not a huge fan of his age but think he's pretty durable and would be a fan of adding a lefty. Would really hope he'd get a 3 year deal and nothing more.

- - - - - - - - - -

I used fan way too much in that post
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X