No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Redmond and Leary, Name GM Dan Jennings New Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frisaro here!! Well here is the scoop.

They fired Redmond because they wanted a fiery yelling type in the dugout to get the young guys moving,the only issue with that was the whole org except Loria is a laid back group except Brett Butler(well he kinda is too nowadays). They talked to Butler and he passed,so they went onto Conine who accepted well that was until Loria realized Niner has never coached and pretty much has the laid back attitude like Red. Then they looked at Andy Haines(AAA manager),the issue with Haines is he is pretty much Mike Redmond with a different name.

In other words Loria,fired Red without anyone in mind and since the team needs a manager he picked Dan Jennings. Yes the same Dan Jennings who is known more for scouting then anything. Yes the same Dan Jennings who loved Redmond and from what I heard was even more surprised to hear Red was fired then the media and fans(because Jennings thought he had talked Loria off of it weeks ago)So Loria found the only go that might be even more laid back then him. Red to run the team. HAHA

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    This is the most insane thing

- - - - - - - - - -

That said, I'm stoked to see how great Jennings looks in a uniform
    I hope Jennings realizes he has to wear one. Never seen the guy in a hat and usually only in a polo

Comment

• Well, glad that's cleared up.

Comment

• I was really rooting for Hut

Comment

• Well for all the guys that miss this,just wait till the offseason when we go GM and Manager hunting. Loria screws around and we will be firing Jennings who actually is a good GM/Scout and well respected around MLB because he can't make it as a manager.

On the brightside,Loria is back to playing Jerry Jones now since Mike Hill is now GM again. For casual fans who dont know Mike Hill is Loria's adopted son,Loria tells him what to do,how to do it and when to do it and Hill takes care of business

- - - - - - - - - -

Also the quote of the year goes to Steve Cishek

"I feel bad for them," reliever Steve Cishek said of Redmond and Leary. "It's not their fault."

U think? Imagine if the BP had not blown 8 Leads and Not walked 1000 guys already this year- It should have been" I feel bad for them" "It's not their fault that I have sucked this year"

Comment

• This is on the list of saddest and most embarrassing days as a Marlins fan, up there with the fire sales and Jose's TJ surgery. I hate Loria and Samson so much.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

Only thing that should make us like or dislike it is whether Stanton likes him. Literally the only qualification I could care about.

Wasn't Jennings an integral part of getting Stanton to sign the big contract in Miami?

Or did I just read that here in some ridiculous speculation tweet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                This is on the list of saddest and most embarrassing days as a Marlins fan, up there with the fire sales and Jose's TJ surgery. I hate Loria and Samson so much.
                I think that is a little bit of a stretch. The Marlins will either start playing better or they won't. This hiring will have little to do with it either way.

Comment

• I was just going to write: if they somehow start winning more games, no one is allowed to quote my comments in this thread lol.

I know my comments are charged and a little over the top. I love this team and just wish they would be run properly or at least rationally. It's the constant clown show that just continually irks me. Like when you walk through a muddy lake and dirt kicks up. With the Marlins, it seems like every time the dirt settles back down to the bed floor, Loria walks through to kick it up again and muddy the water. It's just frustrating to me.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                  This is on the list of saddest and most embarrassing days as a Marlins fan, up there with the fire sales and Jose's TJ surgery. I hate Loria and Samson so much.
                  Forgot to include the new stadium's awkward opening day ceremony and getting rained on this opening day. And maybe throw in there running out of hot dogs back at Pro player.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I really don't understand how anyone is shocked by this or up in arms about this.

The Marlins cemented their clown show status a lonnngggg time ago, boys.

Let's just pray that the shake up (manager changes mean nothing) translates into a win streak.

Comment

• I gotta figure at the presser the say this is just for this season and they intend to conduct a full search after the season is over
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        I gotta figure at the presser the say this is just for this season and they intend to conduct a full search after the season is over
                        That sends a pretty bad message to the club about this season doesn't it? You guys are on your own this season, we'll try to fix it in the off-season. I mean we're only 38 games in.

Comment

• To be fair. That list is pretty damn long (and this would probably be in 10-20 range). Sounds like a fun ranking project.

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post

Comment

• I wonder if Stanton gave his approval (or was asked about) the firing/hiring
                            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• lol no

- - - - - - - - - -

Loria isn't @ press conference

Douche

- - - - - - - - - -

What an awkward presser

- - - - - - - - - -

There is no audio for those asking questions.

Comment

• At least Loria is a great coward.

Comment

Working...
                                X