This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    I'd say there's a better chance they trade for Craig. Really, there's no indication from the front office that they're interested in a 3B. They seem to like Mcgehee. It seems like they're only interested in upgrading at 1B/2B.
    I'm going off their interest in Middlebrooks for a while. And they've said before they'll move McGehee to first if they can get a 3B.

Comment

• Mcgehee is going to be awful and start 75% of games or more. Or he at least would be if Beinfest was still running the show

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
        I'd give up Heaney for Betts.
        Assuming that's unrealistic, Allan Craig could be a buy low alternative. He'd be a nice fit at 1B if you believe last year was a fluke for him.
        I'd go even more all in - Alvarez, Cishek, Salty, Dunn, and Jones (for salary dump purposes). Red sox really need all of those guys but Jones, who they could cut or trade to a 3rd team for nothing. They can't fuck around with that lineup, it's an immediate go for broke team and they need to install multiple SP, RP, and get a catcher.

Take back Craig ($25.5) to show you mean business and hope for the best, take Middlebrooks for the bench, and get a good 2nd prospect along with Betts. Not sure who that may be in their system, but whatever.

That would be really hard for Boston to say no. Losing Alvarez would sting, but getting someone like Betts would be way more important and a Betts-Yelich-Stanton 1-2-3 for the foreseeable future would be amazing. I can live with Eovaldi, Cosart, Koehler, Heaney, and a no doubt signed veteran SP at this point, with Fernandez coming and maybe getting lucky with Hand/DeScalfani/Nicolino/Urena/Conley/German turning into a # 4 in a year or two.

Comment

• That projected rotation in your last paragraph sounds horrible, especially with a hurt Jose Fernandez.
          --------------------
          there's a short list of guys I would not trade and Henderson Alvarez is on it. Particularly when we have so many young arms, trade those guys! It's never a winning recipe to trade your aces. Seriously, never.
          Last edited by BigGameFish; 11-24-2014, 10:37 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
            That projected rotation in your last paragraph sounds horrible, especially with a hurt Jose Fernandez.
            --------------------
            there's a short list of guys I would not trade and Henderson Alvarez is on it. Particularly when we have so many young arms, trade those guys! It's never a winning recipe to trade your aces. Seriously, never.
            Betts had a 1.9 WAR in 52 games.

Alvarez had a 2.2 WAR last year, and a 1.9 (17 starts) the year before.

It is a no brainer.

Comment

• I don't think Alvarez belongs on an untouchable list in terms of trading.

Comment

• Hanley expected to play LF for Boston. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  Hanley to Boston 5/90.

#BringHanleyHome

it's 4/88 with a vesting option to make it 5/110

Comment

• I just looked at Austin Barnes stats for this past year and began to wonder when to expect him contributing on the MLB club. People keep mentioning Realmuto but Barnes looks like the better bat and can play multiple positions (all of which are considered holes on the roster). I can see him up by midseason and contributing.

Also, I know it isn't going to happen but why doesn't the organization consider having Salty bat left handed against a lefty? It's not like batting right handed against lefties is working. He's clearly been someone who should be a platoon player with the current approach.
                    --------------------
                    (deleted duplicate post)
                    Last edited by Jay; 11-24-2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Yeah. I mean, he's been at best "not old" for his league. But you're talking about a great BB/K and good ISO especially considering most of his PA have been in Jupiter (.133).

He should be in contest for the starting 2b job if we go in as is, really

Comment

• I think Barnes will get a chance down the road. But if it's in 2015 probably depends on his position.

Comment

• I have a feeling that the FO is going to panic.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                            I have a feeling that the FO is going to panic.
                            And what outcome do you anticipate from panicking? If it means the overpay someone good on a 4 year deal, would it necessarily be a bad thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              Hanley expected to play LF for Boston. :-(
                              Why are you sad about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                                And what outcome do you anticipate from panicking? If it means the overpay someone good on a 4 year deal, would it necessarily be a bad thing?
                                Im just anticipating another Garret Jones type deal to a Garret Jones type player.

Comment

Working...
                                X