No announcement yet.

Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about they sign Martinez first brah?

I would also say there is no such thing as a 1B prospect. If you get a super elite OF like Tucker, or even Soto, that's fine, but concentrating on up the middle (C/2B/SS) and SP is the way to go here on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      How about they sign Martinez first brah?

I would also say there is no such thing as a 1B prospect. If you get a super elite OF like Tucker, or even Soto, that's fine, but concentrating on up the middle (C/2B/SS) and SP is the way to go here on out.
      Thats why I said "plan". The plan is to sign Martinez on July 2-even heard they might try to get some more cash for IFA(Watch for teams like Baltimore/Atlanta or others who can't spend more than 300k per player for us to trade with)

Agree with u,can move Tucker or Brinson to 1B if needed. This is why I keep saying I wish Oakland or SD would get in on JT. Both have SS Prospects and arms that we would love.

Should be looking at C/MIF and arms in ALL trades or even DFA.
      Last edited by tjfla; 02-16-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Am i missing something? Who is the LF martinez in that scenario?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          Am i missing something? Who is the LF martinez in that scenario?
          https://www.baseballamerica.com/inte...sign-mlb-team/

Julio Pablo Martinez #1 IFA Prospect

Marlins,NYY and Texas are favorites. NYY and Texas already have some cash committed while we don't-he is our main 2018 IFA Target

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            https://www.baseballamerica.com/inte...sign-mlb-team/

Julio Pablo Martinez #1 IFA Prospect

Marlins,NYY and Texas are favorites. NYY and Texas already have some cash committed while we don't-he is our main 2018 IFA Target
            Ah forgot about him. Know who he was just didnt remember his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
              It's a bad return? I like Kieboom and Johnson a lot better than Tucker and Soto.
              Based on what?

Comment

• What is the timetable on Martinez signing?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also a reminder that the marlins top 30 list on mlb.com should come out on tuesday. That is, unless we are considered in their top 10 systems which come out a few weeks after that. But that almost assuredly wont be us.

Comment

• Based on my personal research and refusal to accept subjective prospect rankings as any kind of gospel. Just for the record, 2014 prospect lists had JT Realmuto behind d'Arnaud. Hedges, Alfaro, Swihart, Bethancourt, McGuire, Susac ... need I go on? Another example: Tyler Kolek. The guy threw 100 and never knew how to pitch, yet still was ranked ahead of guys who actually performed.
                  Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-16-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Based on my personal research and refusal to accept subjective prospect rankings as any kind of gospel. Just for the record, 2014 prospect lists had JT Realmuto behind d'Arnaud. Hedges, Alfaro, Swihart, Bethancourt, McGuire, Susac ... need I go on?
                    and what has your "personal research" shown to give you the opinion you have.

Comment

• Alienating the new guy immediately, great. We don't want this forum to deviate from being 95% fish16 and tj talking amongst themselves.

It's his opinion, prospect rankings are opinions.

Comment

• Is the use of quotation marks intended as a personal slight? It seems so and I'm disappointed. Anyway, Johnson is a five-tool OF who was acknowledged as the Nationals MiL POY. In addition to hitting for power and average, he has both arm and speed that are rated as plus plus. Kieboom is one of the rarest commodities - a SS who does everything well. I noted that he was rated higher than Soto by at least one "prospect list."

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          Alienating the new guy immediately, great. We don't want this forum to deviate from being 95% fish16 and tj talking amongst themselves.

alienating him by asking what his unexplained "personal research" showed that every other person in the industry by consensus disagrees with?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          Alienating the new guy immediately, great. We don't want this forum to deviate from being 95% fish16 and tj talking amongst themselves.

alienating him by asking what his unexplained "personal research" showed that every other person in the industry by consensus disagrees with?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Is the use of quotation marks intended as a personal slight? It seems so and I'm disappointed. Anyway, Johnson is a five-tool OF who was acknowledged as the Nationals MiL POY. In addition to hitting for power and average, he has both arm and speed that are rated as plus plus. Kieboom is one of the rarest commodities - a SS who does everything well. I noted that he was rated higher than Soto by at least one "prospect list."
                          wasnt intended as a slight, was genuinely asking because you said nothing about why you had the opinion you did.

Comment

Is the use of quotation marks intended as a personal slight? It seems so and I'm disappointed. Anyway, Johnson is a five-tool OF who was acknowledged as the Nationals MiL POY. In addition to hitting for power and average, he has both arm and speed that are rated as plus plus. Kieboom is one of the rarest commodities - a SS who does everything well. I noted that he was rated higher than Soto by at least one "prospect list."
                            The problem is he is near universally pegged as a position change to 3B, and I have seen 2B and LF also.

FG did have him higher than Soto, but that's the only one.

It's still a bold position as consensus is certainly Tucker is well higher than Soto, who is generally well higher than Kieboom.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

wasnt intended as a slight, was genuinely asking because you said nothing about why you had the opinion you did.
                              Was saying he didn't know what he was talking about intended as a slight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                Was saying he didn't know what he was talking about intended as a slight?
                                yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X