No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they do land Jansen, I think all this SP talk is easy.

Ditch Ozuna+Ramos for the best longterm SP they can get (surely something pretty damn good), and then sign two 1B/LF types and have a bizarre 1B and LF platoon between Bour, Dietrich, those two guys, and Ichiro. Use last remaining sums to get a second bullpen lefty better than Cervanka. Maybe even bring back Dunn!

Rotation is Chen, Conley, Volquez, Koehler, "Ozuna+Ramos" - not amazing, but a very KC/Balt/Pitt rotation of respectability

Bullpen is well above average with Kenley, Phelps, Barraclough, Wittgren, McGowan, Locke, Loogy, with Ellington, Cervanka, Urena, Nicolino, Brice, etc. for depth

And the offense won't be any worse with a healthy Stanton and Gordon.

Screw these free agent starters. Trade Ozuna + Ramos for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      That's partially correct.....because Hellickson isn't worth $17.2M a year. He/his agent took the QO because they found that teams weren't willing to sacrifice a draft pick to sign Hellickson...he's just not worth it.

Buchholz is making $13.5M this year, so presumably either 1) we won't see anyone signed over that value/year, and/or 2) they just don't value Buchholz at that price.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's being reported that the Nationals are now looking at David Robertson of the White Sox (why he wasn't included in the Eaton deal, nobody knows).
      Because when Chicago made the offer and got a yes they all probably ran to send the trade in and didnt dare to call Washington again until it was announced. Its like when u commit a crime,u don't go back to watch it u wait a day or 2. Either that or Washington just wants to get robbed again HAHA

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
      If they do land Jansen, I think all this SP talk is easy.

Ditch Ozuna+Ramos for the best longterm SP they can get (surely something pretty damn good), and then sign two 1B/LF types and have a bizarre 1B and LF platoon between Bour, Dietrich, those two guys, and Ichiro. Use last remaining sums to get a second bullpen lefty better than Cervanka. Maybe even bring back Dunn!

Rotation is Chen, Conley, Volquez, Koehler, "Ozuna+Ramos" - not amazing, but a very KC/Balt/Pitt rotation of respectability

Bullpen is well above average with Kenley, Phelps, Barraclough, Wittgren, McGowan, Locke, Loogy, with Ellington, Cervanka, Urena, Nicolino, Brice, etc. for depth

Have told every team who asked on Ozuna-NO. This is the reason u see Washington overpay for Eaton and Texas/St Louis and others trying to figure out what to do. Would be the smart thing but when was the last time we did that

U could actually try and trade AJ to Arizona for a starter OR trade Ozuna to St Louis for a SP but no talk about either

- - - - - - - - - -

I bet Jansen likes $ and winning too. U know his agent is talking to LA saying this is what Miami offered u wanna beat it right now. Pretty much what they did what Chapman-Miami offered 5/87 but Aroldis would rather be here can u beat it? Upped offer to come within a million and done

Comment

• Total non-scientific gut feeling: The longer it takes for Jansen to decide, the more likely he signs with the Dodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benched View Post
          Explain to me how you think Fister is so bad. I really hope you don't think he's worse than Volquez

- - - - - - - - - -

Ok, who is? They want Phelps in the pen and for good reason. Castillo isn't ready yet. There's no one else in FA. So who is it?
          Fister has been a bad pitcher the last two years with declining peripherals. I don't want him as I'm not sure he's better than what is in the back end of our rotation. Volquez seems like a better candidate to bounce back.

Comment

• Friends say that Jansen values cash. Has it with #Dodgers. Could have it with #Marlins, too: $$$

Comment

• We signed Matt den Dekker. More OF depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                Friends say that Jansen values cash. Has it with #Dodgers. Could have it with #Marlins, too: $$$
                He already has the cash. The wait just means he wants to be in LA otherwise he wouldn't have his agent still talking with LA

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Benched View Post
                We signed Matt den Dekker. More OF depth.
                2 weeks ago and just to play in AAA

Comment

• Benched has all the late breaking news.

I'm just messing around, Benched!

Comment

• Been feeling since yesterday he was just using us to get a bigger offer from LA. One of the reason we went hard after Chapman and u hear us "looking" at other guys

Frisaro says Neftali Feliz too/ Guess if we can't make a super pen we can make a OK pen

We are gonna end up offering Jansen 80+ million and signing 3 others for 12 million. Only the Fish

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Total non-scientific gut feeling: The longer it takes for Jansen to decide, the more likely he signs with the Dodgers.

I said this before Joe Frisaro did.

I promise I'm not Joe Frisaro.

#WouldBeAwkward

Comment

• Ya i dont think he is coming here, and I think that will end up being a good thing. Add more potential rotation pieces and a platoon bat, and one of Uehara or Ziegler, to me preferable Uehara. That would have a much bigger impact that a closer on a team with an abysmal rotation. I'd prefer we add a few more starters just because we are the bad news bears when it comes to pitching injuries every year and i'd rather have more options and just see which ones stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

#WouldBeAwkward
                          Of course did JOE!!!

Comment

• The longer it takes for Jansen to decide, the longer we wait to learn of his decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              If they do land Jansen, I think all this SP talk is easy.

This is a fine idea if they do it but it's sounding like they want to keep both Ramos and Ozuna. Asking price on Ozuna was apparently ridiculous. Haven't heard them shopping Ramos at all, not even putting he name out. And that is a problem.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

#WouldBeAwkward
                              If you are you suck. Guys a dipshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Been feeling since yesterday he was just using us to get a bigger offer from LA. One of the reason we went hard after Chapman and u hear us "looking" at other guys

Frisaro says Neftali Feliz too/ Guess if we can't make a super pen we can make a OK pen

We are gonna end up offering Jansen 80+ million and signing 3 others for 12 million. Only the Fish
                                I remember the Winter Meetings a few years ago when the Rangers put an offer of Feliz/Smoak on the Marlins desk for Josh Johnson and fans had a conniption that the Marlins didn't consider the trade. Funny how times change.

Anyway, I have no idea what happened to Feliz in 2015, but he was definitely an acceptable reliever last year. The upside with Feliz is very high given he's just 28 years old and was once an elite level closer. Depending on the price Feliz is an excellent option to look into.

I get the Marlins thinking. The reliever market is much stronger this offseason than the starting pitching market. That said I'll reiterate what I've said before and agree with lou that the team should still look into trading Ozuna/Ramos/Dietrich to get a real starting pitcher this offseason. I am fine with them putting up a high value on Ozuna and if team's don't match it holding onto him. Ramos should be traded though. His value will never be higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X