No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So basically they are signing relievers to then trade some of Ramos, Phelps, Barraclough, Wittgren, and Ellington as cheap options in a RP market that is otherwise insane. I suppose this is how they can acquire the lefties or another SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Tazawa's not a groundball pitcher.
      Meant UNLIKE Tazawa

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        So basically they are signing relievers to then trade some of Ramos, Phelps, Barraclough, Wittgren, and Ellington as cheap options in a RP market that is otherwise insane. I suppose this is how they can acquire the lefties or another SP.
        Feels like their plan is to keep all these relievers actually.

Comment

• There are only 7 spots. At minimum they need to turn Barraclough or Wittgren into a comparable left hander. Still think this is for purposes of using them to trade because they have no other assets.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            There are only 7 spots. At minimum they need to turn Barraclough or Wittgren into a comparable left hander. Still think this is for purposes of using them to trade because they have no other assets.
            Wittgren and Ellington still got options but a few teams have asked on all 3 of them so possible 1 is dealt-Hopefully they wait just incase. With our luck someone goes down to TJ right after we deal 1

AJ,Tazawa,Phelps,Bearclaw,McGowan,Cervenka or other LHP,Ziegler? Wittgren/Ellington in AAA with Steckenrider,Ogando,Brice,Guerrero,Urena(SP)

Wonder what the plan is with Despaigne? Sneak thru in ST?? No spot for him at all
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• If you get Ziegler, you've gotta make a move. Having Wittgren and Ellington in AAA again would be retarded. I'd deal Ramos, make Ziegler the closer, with hopefully Barraclough as the closer-in-waiting. In the Ramos trade hopefully you could get a lefty-masher, maybe a young left-handed relief arm, and another prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                If you get Ziegler, you've gotta make a move. Having Wittgren and Ellington in AAA again would be retarded. I'd deal Ramos, make Ziegler the closer, with hopefully Barraclough as the closer-in-waiting. In the Ramos trade hopefully you could get a lefty-masher, maybe a young left-handed relief arm, and another prospect.
                Ramos, Phelps, Tazawa, McGowan, and Ziegler/Blanton means that Barraclough, Wittgren, and the Ellington are all in AAA assuming they carry 2 lefties. I agree completely that is retatded.

You definitely trade two of Ramos, Phelps, Barraclough, and Wittgren in this scernario for stuff. A young lefty bashing 1B/3B/LF and a LHP reliever would be great. Hell what about a SS upgrade

Comment

• Urena is out of options.

Comment

• Barraclough is definitely not going to be in AAA after the year he had last year. I think the plan is to go with 7 righties.

Comment

• Finally got one Ziegler 2/16 woohoo

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                        Urena is out of options.
                        If this is true I have to imagine they'll be putting him out in trades ASAP. There's no way the team is giving him a bullpen spot and he has no place in the rotation.

Comment

• Rotation
                          Chen
                          Volquez
                          Conley
                          Koehler
                          Locke/Urena

Pen
                          AJ
                          Ziegler
                          Tazawa
                          McGowan
                          Phelps
                          Bearclaw
                          Cervenka/Araujo/Garces/Lobstein/Thielbar/Lazo(LHP) OR Locke(LHP)

AAA
                          Wittgren
                          Ellington
                          Brice
                          Steckenrider
                          Guerrero
                          Nicolino
                          Esch
                          Fife
                          4/5 Lefty RP
                          1 or 2 arms off injury(CJ Wilson?)

- - - - - - - - - -

2 RP cost us 12 mil for 2017

Also signed OF Brandon Barnes to minor league deal
                          Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Well they certainly have bullpen depth. I'd like to see them add another starter. Also need a RH bat. I'd love to see them go after Napoli or EE, but I assume they'll target one of Plouffe, Reynolds, or Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              Well they certainly have bullpen depth. I'd like to see them add another starter. Also need a RH bat. I'd love to see them go after Napoli or EE, but I assume they'll target one of Plouffe, Reynolds, or Lee.
                              Issue with another starter is no space for him. Urena is out of options and Locke is #5 right now-they dont see the need to spend 10+ million on another arm. They would love a young controllable SP arm(Send down/call up) in a trade. If they trade AJ and Joe Blanton is still a FA u could see us make a run at him as a SP/RP/Closer

Ill take Plouffe for 6 million. Napoli would be nice but they love Bour against RHP. Cant really play Napoli in corners or anywhere else. Plouffe can play 1B/3B/Corners
                              Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Not sure how anyone could have Barraclough out of the bullpen. The next move will be a trade for a starter, i would assume. Ramos + Dietrich maybe for as good of a starter as they could get, i would assume.

Comment

Working...
                                X