The Marlins Sale Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Party View Post
    I think 2022 or 2023. But if the Rays move I wouldn't be surprised if tries to Fox Sports renegotiate earlier to fill TV time in the summer. Tampa and Orlando are top 20 TV markets with Tampa being larger than Miami.
    Not sure if this is what you were getting at but here in Orlando and I believe Tampa as well we already get pretty much all the games for both the Rays and the Marlins.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Not sure if this is what you were getting at but here in Orlando and I believe Tampa as well we already get pretty much all the games for both the Rays and the Marlins.
      Rays on 31 and Fish on 50. We get like 95% of the Marlins games-a few we miss cause of Magic games

Comment

According to a person with direct knowledge, Loria earlier this year gave another asking price, lower than $1.7 billion, to a deep-pocketed businessman who inquired about buying the Marlins. Nothing has materialized with that potential buyer.

Also, a former employee of the Marlins said Loria has spoken about selling after the team hosts the July 2017 All-Star Game at Marlins Park.

Still, Loria, 76, won’t necessarily sell if he doesn’t get exactly what he’s seeking. One potential buyer said he would consider an offer in the $1.3 billion range, short of what Loria reportedly wants.
        http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...121348823.html

Comment

When does the parade start?? No surprise at all tho-like I said before he wants 1.7 but will take between 1.2-1.4 and likely would be after 2018(Talk after ASG and be final mid 2018 season)

Nothing will happen till August of 2017. Jeff loves that the ASG is here and he gets to hang with all the big shots

Comment

I'm trying not to get my hopes up on this.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              The Tampa move is what I've been wondering about and how that would impact a new TV deal for the Marlins. I haven't really seen any new stuff as it relates to the Rays relocating though.
              St. Petersburg within the last few months have allowed the Rays to explore stadium locations outside of the city (but still in the Tampa area), but I don't think there's been too much in the way of progress there....or at least I've not read anything on it either.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up on this.
              Agreed, but it's hard not to. And this is the first time we've ever heard of a price being floated out there, which to me means it has a higher likelihood than ever before, which is encouraging.

Comment

But going from 2 to 1 teams puts the Marlins in a better position to negotiate for more money.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                When does the parade start?? No surprise at all tho-like I said before he wants 1.7 but will take between 1.2-1.4 and likely would be after 2018(Talk after ASG and be final mid 2018 season)

Nothing will happen till August of 2017. Jeff loves that the ASG is here and he gets to hang with all the big shots
                We already had the Castro parade so we're ready for another one.

Comment

Working...
                X