• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link?

Comment

• Cubs got Heyward per Haymen

Comment

• Maybe they should just trade Fernandez, Stanton, and Prado to the Cubs for everyone - Soler, Baez, the top 10 guys here http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=chc, and a PTBNL which is the Cubs 1st round 2016 pick.

If you're not going to beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
          it's only the winter meetings
          I'm kinda with him on this one. Who do you realistically think we're going to sign? And how much of an impact can they really make? It certainly won't be a big contract.

They're going to roll out largely the same team and wonder why it performs similar to last year. Now that said, there are some areas in which the team as-is will naturally improve - a full year of "normal" Yelich (not the one we saw in the first couple months + his injuries), a full year of "normal" Ozuna, Stanton staying healthy, a full year of Jose, Cosart being healthy and effective all year, etc. So basically if everyone is healthy, they'll do better than last year, but still, they need/needed other pieces, and thus far they've done nothing.

Sure they could still do something, but I don't have high hopes for much of an impactful addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            I'm kinda with him on this one. Who do you realistically think we're going to sign? And how much of an impact can they really make? It certainly won't be a big contract.

They're going to roll out largely the same team and wonder why it performs similar to last year. Now that said, there are some areas in which the team as-is will naturally improve - a full year of "normal" Yelich (not the one we saw in the first couple months + his injuries), a full year of "normal" Ozuna, Stanton staying healthy, a full year of Jose, Cosart being healthy and effective all year, etc. So basically if everyone is healthy, they'll do better than last year, but still, they need/needed other pieces, and thus far they've done nothing.

Sure they could still do something, but I don't have high hopes for much of an impactful addition.
            Ian Kennedy, Scott Kazmir, and random dude who can play 1B or 3B and hit LHP a little, and that gives them a fighting chance to July.

Comment

• Total WAR over last 4 seasons:
              Stanton: 18.0
              Heyward: 21.1

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                Ian Kennedy, Scott Kazmir, and random dude who can play 1B or 3B and hit LHP a little, and that gives them a fighting chance to July.
                I forgot Kennedy was still on the market. I wouldn't mind them getting him.

What do you all think about Mike Napoli as a platoon mate with Bour?

Comment

• [QUOTE=rmc523;374597]I forgot Kennedy was still on the market. I wouldn't mind them getting him.

What do you all think about Mike Napoli as a platoon mate with Bour?[/QUOTE]

I have been a huge fan of that all off-season.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• He's also a local too, so he might want to come here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Total WAR over last 4 seasons:
                      Stanton: 18.0
                      Heyward: 21.1
                      To be fair, Heyward played in 107 more games and got 406 more ABs in that time frame.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        To be fair, Heyward played in 107 more games and got 406 more ABs in that time frame.
                        And because it's weighted heavily towards runs, I think it unfairly weights defense (which, I still think is nearly impossible to quantify in a fair manner).

- - - - - - - - - -

Assuming only one of the back end "rotation competition" guys ends up capable, team still needs 2 SP's, a bench bat that can give you 250 AB's that aren't an embarrassment, and probably a middle of the lineup bat to hit behind Stanton unless Ozuna comes back to being that.

They'd never do it in a million years but Cueto on a one year mega contract (so they can defer most of it) to go back into FA and Kazmir and this team could probably be in the high 80s for wins. And they'd probably only have to guarantee $60-ish million (figure Kazmir at 2 / $30 and Cueto at 1 year $25).

Comment

• they gon sign Cliff Lee
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Past four seasons, Kennedy has an ERA+ of 89. I don't think he's any better than what we could throw out there already.

And Kazmir makes too much sense to happen.

Comment

• Stanton's missed 29.3% (190 of 648) of our games over the last 4 seasons.

With Stanton: 205-253 (.447)
                              Without Stanton: 74-116 (.389)

Comment

• Hmmmm. How does that match up with other elite players?

Almost a third of all Marlins games over the last 4 years sounds scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X