Jose Fernandez Flew to Miami to See Doctor for Stiff Shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd View Post
    I am not sure that you can say the Marlins developed Hanley Ramirez. I mean he made his debut with the Red Sox.
    Fair enough, but we had him from rookie season through definite prime seasons. We got consistent-MVP type production out of him as well as a line-up with prime-Dan Uggla, and somehow decent numbers out of Jorge Cantu and Cody Ross, had a Ricky Nolasco that still was K-ing people, healthy JJ, and we couldn't make the playoffs with that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      Fun thing about Cabrera being a "once in a lifetime" talent is the Marlins developed at least two players in the following 10 years who were nearly as good (in Hanley's case) if not better (in Stanton's case).

I have no idea how much of that is blind, stupid luck -- given how bad they are at everything else, it's probably a lot of luck -- but it's crazy that they've been unable to build contenders around prime Hanley and Stanton.

- - - - - - - - - -

They got 18 seasons of Miguel Cabrera, Giancarlo Stanton and Hanley Ramirez, and got ONE playoff appearance out of it.
      You can cherry pick one season here or there that say any player is great. It's doing it for 10+ years that make him once in a lifetime. I love Hanley more than just about anyone and you couldn't build around him. 2007-2009 Hanley was fun but so was 2009-2012 Robinson Cano. Stanton's awesome but play in 300 games over two seasons before we get Cooperstown ready.

Cabrera is the kind of player you have those independently brilliant seasons compliment and turn into a playoff run. That would have been awesome.

Comment

He's back tonight. This is really an incredibly poor decision.

Comment

Gotta sell those 4,000 extra tickets

Comment

why is it an incredibly poor decision if he's healthy? we should just arbitrarily have him not come back when he's healthy to play because, what, it doesn't matter? should we sit him out all next year too since we'll suck?

Comment

Yeah, I don't see why it's a bad decision.

He's healthy and wants to pitch.

Comment

Working...
              X