No announcement yet.

Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW CAN THEY NOT KNOW WHO THE MINOR LEAGUERS ARE????? THEYRE A PART OF THE FUCKING DEAL

Comment

The biggest problem with the Dee Gordon trade, to me is, that it is not really certain that Dee Gordon is a surefire upgrade long term. When you take out the unsustainable BABIP he had in April, he is a pretty...meh player who happens to runs fast. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a Kike Hernandez as a full time player is that far off from what a Dee Gordon gives you. Add in a really solid backup catcher(who can play other positions) and a damn good young LHP and it just speaks to how flawed the organization is in their thinking at times.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        It just seems really weird to me that they've told Latos and Morse and yet haven't finalized out who they're getting.

Well, let me correct that, it would be really weird if it was any of the other 29 actual MLB clubs.
        HAHA correct if this was any other team we would have got the rumored deal with all the guys. With us we have no problems waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          HOW CAN THEY NOT KNOW WHO THE MINOR LEAGUERS ARE????? THEYRE A PART OF THE FUCKING DEAL

OH WAIT I KNOW WHY!!!!

ITS CAUSE OUR ONLY RETURN IS LESS SALARY GOING OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Cause if they are paying a few bucks they can probably get better prospects. IF LAD says give us 2 million bucks maybe they will say u can have Zach Lee and if we dont we might they say u can have that 27 yr old pitcher in A ball

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
              The biggest problem with the Dee Gordon trade, to me is, that it is not really certain that Dee Gordon is a surefire upgrade long term. When you take out the unsustainable BABIP he had in April, he is a pretty...meh player who happens to runs fast. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a Kike Hernandez as a full time player is that far off from what a Dee Gordon gives you. Add in a really solid backup catcher(who can play other positions) and a damn good young LHP and it just speaks to how flawed the organization is in their thinking at times.

http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...-Dee-Gordon-2B

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                I also don't think the Marlins were operating under the assumption that they were getting Haren for half a season. They thought they were contending and wanted to try and add more depth to the rotation.
                Which is another indicator of why this franchise is not worth our fandom.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Cause if they are paying a few bucks they can probably get better prospects. IF LAD says give us 2 million bucks maybe they will say u can have Zach Lee and if we dont we might they say u can have that 27 yr old pitcher in A ball
                  Right, that means the deal isn't done yet. And yet Latos and Morse have been notified.

Comment

Dee Gordon since May 15th: .289/.305/.355 80 wRC+. Not saying his defense hasn't made up for it, but he's not been as hot since his hot start. Still a decent player.

- - - - - - - - - -

I said 15th because that's right after he had 7 hits in 2 games.

Comment

• .667/.667/1.333 since returning from the DL doe

Comment

• Do you think the reason we don't know the minor league players LA is sending yet is because no one in the Miami Media has cared to ask?

Comment

• Well here is one of the guys that was "discussed" but NOT confirmed

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL

Comment

• Brigham is a good lottery ticket. Good stuff, only 100 innings off TJ surgery.

If he was the #3 guy in this deal, I'd be happy. But he'll be the headliner.

Comment

• I don't blame anyone here for not giving the Marlins the benefit of the doubt but I'm going to withhold judgement until we see what players we are getting in return. That being said, I'm not expecting much. I mean, yes we are talking about a player in Latos who is a good asset but is not a guy on the level of Cueto or Hamels. It seems foolish to assume he'd get you a top prospect to begin with and when you attach a player like Morse who has been one of the worst players in baseball this season, it's only going to hurt the return. If the Marlins were willing to cover all of the salary, then maybe the situation would be different but the reason the Marlins and Dodgers have been frequent trade partners since 2012 is because LA has been willing to take dead money after dead money being thrown at them. This seems no different to me.

- - - - - - - - - -

I want Puig

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                                Brigham is a good lottery ticket. Good stuff, only 100 innings off TJ surgery.

If he was the #3 guy in this deal, I'd be happy. But he'll be the headliner.
                                Ya I wouldn't mind him being the #3 Project Arm guy. A package of Lee/Anderson(Headliner),Wieland(ML Ready Arm)and Brigham(Project) wouldnt be bad

Comment

Working...
                                X