Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elias is an easy arm to talk yourself into, but probably isn't very good. Like most of our rotation.

Comment

• I like Trumbo as lefty-masher, but you have to think if we trade Ozuna for him he'll be playing every day.

And if you're trading Ozuna for a lefty-masher, #4-5 Starter, and solid bullpen arm I'd say that's not enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        I like Trumbo as lefty-masher, but you have to think if we trade Ozuna for him he'll be playing every day.

And if you're trading Ozuna for a lefty-masher, #4-5 Starter, and solid bullpen arm I'd say that's not enough.
        Totally. In such a Trumbo scenario, I would guess:

Bour - 120 1B vs RHP
        Trumbo - 40 1B vs LHP / 80 LF vs RHP / 10 DH
        Yelich - 80 LF / 80 CF
        Ichiro/Some other Platoon CF they'd have to get - 80 CF

That seems about right in theory anyways. Also, not advocating this arrangement as a full season of Trumbo in LF/replacement level CF is not ideal. Just saying. At least 1B would be in theory a pretty good .825+ OPS??? Right???

Have to see what pitchers they would get, but who knows. Walker would be great, but Elias and another pretty good arm could make some sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          If the Marlins get Carson Smith, Roenis Elias, Mark Trumbo, cash, and 2 prospects for Ozuna and a long reliever, I will be shocked. I'm not sure you can say Carson Smith is "nothing great" when he had a 2.1 WAR 2015.

Ozuna is a good gamble for a team, but come on now. In that scenario, the Marlins are throwing in more or there are radically less guys in the deal for Seattle.
          Only reason said Carson Smith is because he is the Marlins type. Big RP with funky stuff. I doubt they would trade him BUT if its Elias u gotta think we ask for him or Montgomery in the deal as well. 2 younger controllable arms

The reason this trade isn't moving as fast is #1 Thanksgiving and #2 the Marlins are trying to get Walker. They are trying to talk Seattle into Trumbo and Walker for Ozuna but so far Seattle has been sticking to Elias. The Fish actually like him as well but Walker alot more(As they should). People were mentioning Karns however Koehler and Phelps are pretty much the same guy

Comment

• The Beckett/Lowell trade happened on Thanksgiving
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Walker would be absolute robbery and would immediately be like the player with the 3rd-highest upside in the organization. There's approximately 0% chance that happens.
              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                The Beckett/Lowell trade happened on Thanksgiving
                Not saying it wont,I am saying thats one reason they arent rushing

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                Walker would be absolute robbery and would immediately be like the player with the 3rd-highest upside in the organization. There's approximately 0% chance that happens.
                Exactly-this is why its not done yet. We are trying to tell Seattle that alot of teams are calling on Ozuna(LIE) and it will take Walker. What will end up happening is they will get sick of it and say NO deal to which we will say fine Elias.

Should just cash in now-get a #4 SP who is different then all rest/Power Bat who can play LF and 1B/ML ready guy at 3B or in the pen for a guy that Jeff hates. It is not a great deal but not a bad deal for someone everyone in baseball knows is gone already

Comment

• This is a trade that makes us worse next year and long term. Trumbo is Ozuna without defense so that's a downgrade to our lineup (plus $$$ and club control holy shit) and we already have 20 Eliases so there's no upgrade there. This is precisely what Erick was talking about with getting an elite RP instead.

I don't think it's going to happen because Marlins deals generally happen quickly or they don't happen. If it does, I'm not happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                    This is a trade that makes us worse next year and long term. Trumbo is Ozuna without defense so that's a downgrade to our lineup (plus $$$ and club control holy shit) and we already have 20 Eliases so there's no upgrade there. This is precisely what Erick was talking about with getting an elite RP instead.

I don't think it's going to happen because Marlins deals generally happen quickly or they don't happen. If it does, I'm not happy.
                    Well what if they get Smith, i.e. maybe an elite RP.

I'm not going to get angry until we see a deal, but the track record suggests I'll probably be angry.

Comment

• That's true but I don't think it happens and tj admitted to tjing by bringing up his name

But to me, if you don't get Walker on the table for Ozuna +, you walk away. But Loria.

Comment

• Jeffery Loria is a boob.

Comment

• I wish the Marlins would take a flier on Dayan Viciedo on a minor league deal with a major league invite. He could be a possible RH platoon bat at first with Bour. On a minor league deal I think it would definitely be worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                            I wish the Marlins would take a flier on Dayan Viciedo on a minor league deal with a major league invite. He could be a possible RH platoon bat at first with Bour. On a minor league deal I think it would definitely be worth a shot.
                            Totally worth a shot.

They also say Oakland is going to trade Lawrie (.825 OPS vs LHP 2015) or Valencia. Ignoring they could have gotten Valencia for free off waivers, each of them make a bunch of sense to help Bour out, and Lawrie possibly be an option to replace Prado full time next year. I'm guessing they wouldn't cost that much and an assortment of the 4/5 SP/relievers could get them. I think Lawrie is especially worth the risk. He turns 26 this offseason even if he has been around forever. Maybe a late bloomer and he starts hitting a little bit more.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Totally worth a shot.

They also say Oakland is going to trade Lawrie (.825 OPS vs LHP 2015) or Valencia. Ignoring they could have gotten Valencia for free off waivers, each of them make a bunch of sense to help Bour out, and Lawrie possibly be an option to replace Prado full time next year. I'm guessing they wouldn't cost that much and an assortment of the 4/5 SP/relievers could get them. I think Lawrie is especially worth the risk. He turns 26 this offseason even if he has been around forever. Maybe a late bloomer and he starts hitting a little bit more.
                              Valencia they have passed on like 3 times already

- - - - - - - - - -

Miami Marlins
                              Signed: C Francisco Arcia, C Adrian Nieto, OF Destin Hood, OF Junior Sosa, OF Kenny Wilson (re-signed)

Arcia and Nieto are both C. 1 will prolly go to NOLA and the other to Jax.

Sosa is a CF who is AA depth. Hood and Wilson should be in the NOLA OF

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                                I wish the Marlins would take a flier on Dayan Viciedo on a minor league deal with a major league invite. He could be a possible RH platoon bat at first with Bour. On a minor league deal I think it would definitely be worth a shot.
                                He's signing with a team in Japan.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X