• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins @ Mets 5/5-5/7

Nobody started one, so figured I would.

Well, there goes a 6 run lead...

Ziegler.....

- - - - - - - - - -

The whole having a great bullpen sure has worked out well.

Comment

That's what you call a devastating loss.

Comment

Seems like everyone we signed in the off-season is a hott mess right now.

Comment

Ziegler got ground ball singled to death.

The Conforto ground ball was a routine double play but the Marlins shifted.

Comment

this team is a disaster

blow it all up and start ov--oh wait we have no tradable assets outside of Ozuna
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Color me shocked that investing significant money in a bullpen over lineup/rotation help isnt working out for the fish.

Comment

At this point I wish they would just blow it up and stockpile prospects. But yeah not much to trade off. Ramos might net us a few propects and Ozuna.

Comment

Realmuto would be a nice return but there's no reason to trade him since he's cheap

Yelich likewise

Stanton's contract can't be moved

I suppose you could move Gordon, he's fairly cheap

but yeah we're looking at a 5+ year rebuilding process minimum if everything from this point forward goes right
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

At this point, for this season I hope we don't make too many moves. Current FO just needs to not fuck anything up. New ownership I hope does all they can to keep Ozuna-Yelich-Stanton-Realmuto together. Maybe shed some salary where you can. (Chen contract, Relievers) Then go all in investing in the draft and IFA to somehow rebuild the rotation, and pick up some talented infielders along the way. That's the only way I see us being able to rebuild in a way that won't take at least half a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                      At this point I wish they would just blow it up and stockpile prospects. But yeah not much to trade off. Ramos might net us a few propects and Ozuna.
                      This is why little things like not moving Capps 2 years ago for a guy like Judge or Bird who were being discussed and then throwing him into a deal for nothing a year later is so big. Not that the capps thing in particular is just terrible business, which it is, but its because that kind of shit adds up. The biggest thing to me that drives me absolutely nuts is how bad this team is at buying low and selling high and not knowing the relative value of certain positions.

Ramos should have been traded at the very latest this offseason. Capps should have been gone at the deadline that year when we stunk and he was the hottest reliever in the league. Then we deal off Capps for nothing, keep Ramos still, and then spend $12 million on 2 non special bullpen arms this offseason rather than finding a platoon guy for first or other possible lineup/rotation additions.

And the consistency with which the front office needlessly adds guys to deals as throw ins also contributes to why this team consistently stinks and has no depth. Capps being a throw in, barnes, Hatcher, Grant Dayton, Dan Jennings, hell even Kike Hernandez has been a solid utility guy for the Dodgers. None of those are star players obviously but giving away guys like that consistently for no reason leads to us continuously having no depth. It is just the height of incompetence to give up guys like that, specifically the relievers, and then go out on the open market and sign 2 relievers for 12 million total rather than addressing lineup/rotation/bench needs. Especially when reliever depth even despite giving away those guys is probably the strength of the team if there is a strength on this team.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      At this point, for this season I hope we don't make too many moves. Current FO just needs to not fuck anything up. New ownership I hope does all they can to keep Ozuna-Yelich-Stanton-Realmuto together. Maybe shed some salary where you can. (Chen contract, Relievers) Then go all in investing in the draft and IFA to somehow rebuild the rotation, and pick up some talented infielders along the way. That's the only way I see us being able to rebuild in a way that won't take at least half a decade.
                      I agree with this. Keep that core together unless you can get a legit top of the rotation guy for Ozuna. Maybe see if Dee or Dietrich can net you a solid starter but likely they cant. The only way to rebuild without taking years is to keep at it with this core, start investing in scouting, player development, and the draft with the new ownership, and making prudent free agent signings along the way to plug holes until investments in the system start to pay off in a few years down the line.

- - - - - - - - - -

I forgot another move from last year that was horrific now and was obviously horrific at the time too: Cervenka for Mader and Seymour. Cervenka stinks and that was apparent before he threw a pitch for us, now Mader, 23 compared to Cervenka being 27, has turned into a reliever in AA for the braves and has looked great since he went over there. He was a supplemental round pick just 2 years before the trade. Anfernee Seymour was a 7th round pick from that same draft and is still just 21 and although he likely wont ever become anything, he is hitting over .300 and has stolen 7 bags so far this year in the Sally league.

Again, individually, not the end of the world, but collectively this shit has added up and this front office is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        Realmuto would be a nice return but there's no reason to trade him since he's cheap

Yelich likewise

Stanton's contract can't be moved

I suppose you could move Gordon, he's fairly cheap

but yeah we're looking at a 5+ year rebuilding process minimum if everything from this point forward goes right
                        Not while Jeff owns the team. He won't be trading anyone off while he is in charge-most in MLB think he might even try to add stuff like LY and go for it if we are even .500

Like been saying the new ownership in 2 years will keep Yelich,JT and a few cheap arms(Wittgren,Ellington,Straily) and hold a fire sale like SD did. Sign IFA guys,get prospects and draft BPA like Atlanta has done.

U can get LA to take Stanton's contract however we wouldn't get anything in return. Actually u might even be able to get SD to take it. Depending if their ownership is stil in spending mode

The best tho is the Cuban OF who teams are fighting over. Luis Robert(5 teams fighting over him and they all have to pay double cause they are over the budget ) has said that he is interested in Florida(Miami and TB) BUT they told his guys they don't even wanna work him out. Jeff is not spending cash on anything that can't help within the next 2 years
                        Last edited by tjfla; 05-06-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Color me shocked that investing significant money in a bullpen over lineup/rotation help isnt working out for the fish.
                          and Mike Hill will still have a job next year because he knows where Loria's bodies are buried......yeah sale....sure.....I'll believe it when I see it

- - - - - - - - - -

Despaigne = Loria's last turd

Comment

Delayed lol

Comment

I havent been keeping up with the team for the last week or 2 too closely. Why was Despaigne the guy we went to over someone like Nicolino or Worley. not saying they are good, but were we just really interested to see how his 9/13 K/BB ratio in AAA this year would translate in the majors? Why is he even on the 40 man?

- - - - - - - - - -

If we get significantly out of "it" by the deadline, do we consider trading Ozuna if we can get a huge haul if he can keep it up? I like him, but he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who will ever be more than a 5 hitter in a lineup ideally. If we can get a huge pitching haul id pull the trigger. Of course we have no OF depth behind him but still, we need front level pitching.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, being a team whose stadium is in little havana, have we signed any legit cuban prospect? I know we "bid" on Chapman and Cespedes when they were coming out, but we have not got one of them, have we?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                              and Mike Hill will still have a job next year because he knows where Loria's bodies are buried......yeah sale....sure.....I'll believe it when I see it

- - - - - - - - - -

Despaigne = Loria's last turd
                              I like Mike Hill as a person. It's a stupid thing to say cause that really does not matter, but the Jose death and the reaction to it made me like a lot of people in the organization a lot more, but holy shit this front office has been a dumpster fire since the fire sale of the '05 offseason. From Beinfest on it has been straight up 1950's front office going against guys like Epstein. It's really pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X