Marlins Recall Kyle Barraclough, DFA Dustin McGowan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Recall Kyle Barraclough, DFA Dustin McGowan

And yet Chris Narveson somehow keeps his job.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Gotta have two lefties...which is why Ege should be up

Comment

Also wtf is with Morris's loss in velocity? I'm hoping injury cuz he was solid past couple years

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        And yet Chris Narveson somehow keeps his job.
        Dunn hurt,Lazo on rehab and Ege isn't "ready" which is why Narveson is up. If they known Dunn would have been out this long prolly would have kept Hand

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Dunn hurt,Lazo on rehab and Ege isn't "ready" which is why Narveson is up. If they known Dunn would have been out this long prolly would have kept Hand
          Was anything received in return for Hand? I tought he was just picked up in waivers. And why would the time Dunn is out mean they should keep Narveson over Hand when Hand is better?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Was anything received in return for Hand? I tought he was just picked up in waivers. And why would the time Dunn is out mean they should keep Narveson over Hand when Hand is better?
            I could kind of see logic in that it might be easier to slip a guy through waivers right after teams trimmed down their rosters to 25 men compared to during the season where your holes are more glaring.

But it's still moronic not to keep the better player and he wasn't going to be passing through waivers. He's doing pretty well so far, which isn't surprising since he did pretty well in relief role before.

I think, more accurately, they were just done with Hand. I wish they'd go the TB route and realize how valuable a pitcher can be even if he's not in the rotation (look at Andrew Miller now). They pigeon hole guys way too much

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              I could kind of see logic in that it might be easier to slip a guy through waivers right after teams trimmed down their rosters to 25 men compared to during the season where your holes are more glaring.

But it's still moronic not to keep the better player and he wasn't going to be passing through waivers. He's doing pretty well so far, which isn't surprising since he did pretty well in relief role before.

I think, more accurately, they were just done with Hand. I wish they'd go the TB route and realize how valuable a pitcher can be even if he's not in the rotation (look at Andrew Miller now). They pigeon hole guys way too much
              the whole franchise is a joke MLB is playing on So Fla. I just wish they would get to the punchline before I die.

Comment

Working...
              X