Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    True I bet he has the Arod Hr Countdown bobblehead already in production. Jeff loves the "free" ads-Ichiro in a Miami jersey on Japanese papers,pictures when he hits #3000 in a marlins jersey,Stanton in the HR derby,Marlins playing in Fort Bragg/PR
    Exactly. He might go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Exactly. He might go for it.
      Hey I dont mind the idea at all and if had a different owner I could see it happen. Jeff Loria tho doesn't spend cash just to spend it tho-can't see him adding 27 million dollars especially on 1 player.

Jeff prolly wishes this was 2006 still

Opening Day Payrolls

2006-14,998,000 LAST
      2007-30,507,000 2nd to Last
      2008-21,811,000 LAST
      2009-36,814,000 LAST
      2013-36,341,900 2nd to Last
      2014-47,565,400 2nd to Last
      2015-68,479,000 LAST
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-19-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• The Yankees are so desperate to dump A-Rod's contract that they might be willing to cover $30m of the deal left.

But you gotta remember, he's still under contract for 2017 and in all likelihood, he's done as a legitimate major league hitter. He's owed about $54m over the next two seasons (without the Yankees covering any of it) and there really isn't any spot for him on this team, even as a platoon guy.

A-Rod is the worst kind of bad at this point. He's old and expensive bad. And unless you can get the Yankees to cover a significant portion of the remaining deal (which would negate even including him tbh) I don't think you make this move.

Now, again, Teixeira is another story because he's just as bad but is only under contract for 2016 so the Yankees might be interested in moving him to get some value for a bad player with an expiring contract, and he'd only be saddled with us until the end of the season. If you're gonna add a dead weight contract, he's the guy I go for.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          The Yankees are so desperate to dump A-Rod's contract that they might be willing to cover $30m of the deal left.

But you gotta remember, he's still under contract for 2017 and in all likelihood, he's done as a legitimate major league hitter.He's owed about $54m over the next two seasons (without the Yankees covering any of it) and there really isn't any spot for him on this team, even as a platoon guy.

A-Rod is the worst kind of bad at this point. He's old and expensive bad. And unless you can get the Yankees to cover a significant portion of the remaining deal (which would negate even including him tbh) I don't think you make this move.

Now, again, Teixeira is another story because he's just as bad but is only under contract for 2016 so the Yankees might be interested in moving him to get some value for a bad player with an expiring contract, and he'd only be saddled with us until the end of the season. If you're gonna add a dead weight contract, he's the guy I go for.
          No doubt he sucks now, but not sure about the bolded part either. In terms of what he'd do for the team, he's been learning how to play 1B. Bour can't hit lefties very well so ARod could be the right-handed side of that platoon. Chris Johnson has been awful for us.

Comment

The Yankees are so desperate to dump A-Rod's contract that they might be willing to cover $30m of the deal left.

But you gotta remember, he's still under contract for 2017 and in all likelihood, he's done as a legitimate major league hitter. He's owed about $54m over the next two seasons (without the Yankees covering any of it) and there really isn't any spot for him on this team, even as a platoon guy.

No spot on this team??? Are u kidding? Do u not read the posts here-we have the worst bench in baseball and will be adding atleast 3 guys

Totally agree with u,plus if they pay the salary they will ask for something in return. Likely a mid level prospect or 2

Comment

• A-Rod is owed $21m each of the next two seasons. How much do the Yankees have to cover for you for it to be worth it?

For me, it's at least $11m per season and by that point you sorta negate the benefit of even adding him into the deal in the first place.

Comment

Where'd you get those numbers on what's left on A-Rod's Contract? I'm seeing he's probably got about $10 million left from this year and $21 million next. The thought is that the Yankees are so desperate to get rid of him, it would make another potential target (Pineda/Chapman) cheaper to us if we took on his remaining contract. The Yankees while probably not looking for much from Texeira would still probably want some type of value for him.

Comment

I've been in the camp to hold on to DD.

But if you can get Pineda, who by all accounts is a good pitcher and has just stunk because Yankee Stadium is the band box to end all band boxes, and put him in this rotation, I live with having Rojas playing 2B in the playoffs.
                  We don't score enough runs to have Hechavarria and Rojas in the starting lineup for a playoff series.

Comment

A-Rod is owed $21m each of the next two seasons. How much do the Yankees have to cover for you for it to be worth it?

For me, it's at least $11m per season and by that point you sorta negate the benefit of even adding him into the deal in the first place.
                    I wouldn't want to take on the entirety of the contract obviously, but 11 sounds about right. I don't think adding payroll right now means much because the roster is already pretty much set next year. It all depends what Loria's plans for payroll are. If he's interested in winning, I don't think such a scenario is asking for much.

Comment

• It's worth noting:

Carlos Rodon is 2-7 with a 4.50 ERA and 1.53 WHIP and 91 ERA+
                      Andrew Heaney will end up missing this season
                      Nate Eovaldi was demoted to the bullpen by the Yankees and has an ERA over 5

So, we've complained about how we've traded away pitchers, but...none of these guys would really be helping us right now.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        It's worth noting:

So, we've complained about how we've traded away pitchers, but...none of these guys would really be helping us right now.
                        did i miss when people were sad that Eovaldi was traded? Eovaldi is hot garbage and teams have been waiting for him to "Break out" since he came over to us in 2012. He is simply not all that good. Rodon might be struggling but he is at least a major league pitcher and not having tommy john and at least 4 years away.

The pitcher who we miss the most is Desclafani. He is similar to Conley where I have no idea why people weren't higher on him. His numbers were pretty clear throughout his minor league career that he was gonna be a solid pitcher or at the very least a great bullpen arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          It's worth noting:

Eovaldi was going to the pen here to before we traded him
                          Heaney was traded for Dee Gordon
                          As for Rodon,likely would have seen us go with Aaron Nola if we passed on Kolek. The FO wasn't sold on him as a SP and when he gave them a price that really turned them off

Comment

• The DeSclafani deal hurts.

I hope if UreƱa has another good start or two, all of a sudden he becomes a valuable ML-ready arm to deal.

Comment

• To be fair about DeSclafani, I don't think many people predicted the rapid decline of Mat Latos. It seemed like a good move at the time.

Comment

• they were going for it and I have zero problem with that
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X