No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going to try and convert a reliever, try Phelps, he's on the roster, call up Ellington and your Bullpen remains just as strong, and then you can go out and make a move for a lefty-reliever to replace Dunn and maybe a lefty-masher to come off the bench and replace Chris Johnson. It's probably the best and most realistic option for us.

Comment

Breslow has been released from AAA

Comment

Man has every reliever from the opening day roster (sans Phelps and Ramos) been released?

Comment

pretty much, but thats only because it was obvious they made several wrong choices from the start. I have no idea why we voluntarily gave away so many shitty innings from these god awful relievers in the first few weeks of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            pretty much, but thats only because it was obvious they made several wrong choices from the start. I have no idea why we voluntarily gave away so many shitty innings from these god awful relievers in the first few weeks of the year.
            Because Wittgren,Bearclaw and Ellington had to work on mechanics Mechanics such as if we keep them down a month then we can pay them less if we want to keep them. Less time in majors=less money they can get

The same with why McGowan up instead of Ellington. They might as well ride McGowan until he gets lit up.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            Man has every reliever from the opening day roster (sans Phelps and Ramos) been released?
            Well released or in SD

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Because Wittgren,Bearclaw and Ellington had to work on mechanics Mechanics such as if we keep them down a month then we can pay them less if we want to keep them. Less time in majors=less money they can get

The same with why McGowan up instead of Ellington. They might as well ride McGowan until he gets lit up.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well released or in SD
              OH i didn't even know that those moves were future contract related. It was so obvious how bad our bullpen was to begin the year, i hope losing some of those games doesnt cost us later in the year. Ellington and Barclaw actually did have to work on mechanics though, they were awful in spring training.

Comment

[tweet]755417349746937856[/tweet]

That would be amazing. Pineda would be so nice. his Home/Road splits are insane. Would be a completely different pitcher if he moved here.

Comment

Pineda 10.67 K/9

- - - - - - - - - -

2.95 xFIP last year.

COMMON ONE TIME, JEFF.

But don't trade DD

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Pineda 10.67 K/9

- - - - - - - - - -

2.95 xFIP last year.

COMMON ONE TIME, JEFF.

But don't trade DD
                    One time but don't trade DD HAHA. Best board ever!! So u want a guy who is controllable to cost less than a RP who is a FA after the season? U guys are gonna have to get over the fact that he is our best trade chip and with Dee coming back soon the team will have to decide if they needs his bat on the bench/spot starts or a #3/#4 Starter

Any trade with NYY will probably have names like DD,Capps,Wittgren,Ellington tossed around. They have been telling teams they are looking for ML/ML ready guys for 2017 as the main parts in any deals.

Cashner could get interesting if he is in SD by August 1 still(Right now to expensive for us). He is likely gone after the season so SD could try to get a pick,IFA cash which could help them pay down there Tax bill and prospects from us

- - - - - - - - - -

By way we also called on Shelby Miller

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/nl/...shelby-miller/
                    Last edited by tjfla; 07-19-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Why not ask the Yankees for ARod? We'd give up less and I think Pineda would do well here.

Comment

The issue we are having is the guys that we can afford are all FA after the season and we are really looking for a controlable arm(like Rodney is next year) if we are gonna trade DD,Naylor.

The Pomeranz deal made the market very expensive. Oakland asked for Profar(not for Sonny Gray) but for Rich Hill
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-19-2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

They said they'd be willing to add salary to make a deal happen. Adding a guy like ARod, I would imagine we'd have to give up next to nothing since the Yankees are dying to get rid of that contract.

Edit: And Pineda, while he has upside looking at advanced metrics, has been awful for a long time now. It's a risk we'd be taking. I think it'd work, but he could easily be another Ricky Nolasco. His trade value can't be that high as it is.

Comment

and have him do what? Platoon with Bour?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                21 million to replace Chris Johnson. Somehow I think Jeff would have issue with that. Plus 6 million when he hits #714. So 27 million next year for him.

Hey Jeff can always say ill give u 27 million off when u buy the team from me for 1 Billion
                                Last edited by tjfla; 07-19-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X