The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team is honestly pathetic but still think we aren't out of it with a sweep

that having been said I think it's disgusting to have gotten so close with so little and the FO didn't even make a Nick Johnson-type attempt at getting help
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      Team is honestly pathetic but still think we aren't out of it with a sweep

that having been said I think it's disgusting to have gotten so close with so little and the FO didn't even make a Nick Johnson-type attempt at getting help
      It's probably for the best that they do nothing.

Comment

• Tazawa is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I thought this was very odd also but I didn't say anything because people say weird stuff sometimes in emotionally charged game threads.

:shrug:

- - - - - - - - - -

Glad to see I wasn't the only one perceiving a weird vibe from the team.
          That was sarcasm after Stanton hit 51. Somebody mentioned yesterday that they hoped Stanton wasn't going into one of his slumps after he took an ofer against Scherzer.

I'm curious what was the injured Bour doing that so offended you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            That was sarcasm after Stanton hit 51. Somebody mentioned yesterday that they hoped Stanton wasn't going into one of his slumps after he took an ofer against Scherzer.

I'm curious what was the injured Bour doing that so offended you?
            He was caught on camera talking to a teammate with a grin on his face.

Comment

• Erick answered for me. But offended is definitely the wrong word.

<-----------not offended. Bummed.

- - - - - - - - - -

The silver lining is it will be fun watching the Nationals not make the World Series.

Comment

• It really sucks that we have the worst front office in sports basically because the core players on the team are fun to root for. But the front office is so incompetent that the next group might have to trade some core players to acquire some pitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  It really sucks that we have the worst front office in sports basically because the core players on the team are fun to root for. But the front office is so incompetent that the next group might have to trade some core players to acquire some pitching.
                  that's what pisses me off. We're gonna have to trade Ozuna and/or Bour because of the current front offices complete and utter failure as an organization in all aspects. We have to trade them to get pitching because our front office overspent on average to below average veterans and shitty bullpen arms, the easiest thing in baseball to find by far. If this front office was competent we would be able to sign a front of the rotation guy like Darvish this offseason because the majority of our core besides stanton and Yelich are on their rookie deals. But because they refused to invest in the draft of IFA, we go out and spend 65 million of dead money on average players like Prado, Chen, Volquez, Ziegler, and Tazawa and then have to trade from our great core because we are now cash strapped.

Comment

• Why does Ellington have control issues? Just throw strikes dude, you throw 200 mph. Would be great for next year if he could gain some more confidence over this month. Barraclough, Steckenrider, Ellington, and even Wittgren could be a solid, cheap backend of the pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      I actually do at this point. Why not have a winning season? It's been a really long time since we had one. Can't hurt. We're definitely not making the playoffs so we gotta find a reason to watch.

- - - - - - - - - -

Easy to have more energy when you're winning. It's all about talent. And we lack it, especially on the mound.
                      I get that it's easier to have more energy when winning, but remember too in several of those games we were behind and rallied to come back and win. This series, they've just seemed content to take their loss and come back tomorrow. Like no drive to come back and win. Yes, talent is obviously part of it, and having Telis/Moore in the lineup and Worley/etc in the rotation limits what you can do, but the vibe has seemed different in this Nats series. Hopefully they can revert to the energetic winning team either tomorrrow or after the Nats series (sucks we have to play them again soon).

Comment

• or maybe they're human and look energetic and excited when they're doing well and winning, and slow and lethargic when they're losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          I get that it's easier to have more energy when winning, but remember too in several of those games we were behind and rallied to come back and win. This series, they've just seemed content to take their loss and come back tomorrow. Like no drive to come back and win. Yes, talent is obviously part of it, and having Telis/Moore in the lineup and Worley/etc in the rotation limits what you can do, but the vibe has seemed different in this Nats series. Hopefully they can revert to the energetic winning team either tomorrrow or after the Nats series (sucks we have to play them again soon).
                          It just looks like we "want to win" more when we're going against the worst team in the league to come back vs one of the best teams in the league. This isnt an effort thing. This is a this team is not very good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            This is a this team is not very good thing.
                            But when we're winning and have one of the best records in MLB since the end of May you say we ARE a good team.

Losing to the Nationals last night was totally avoidable. We let Jackson and the Nats off the hook more than once.

Comment

But when we're winning and have one of the best records in MLB since the end of May you say we ARE a good team.

Losing to the Nationals last night was totally avoidable. We let Jackson and the Nats off the hook more than once.
                              Just like how Telis should be on the ML team and now that he is we should DFA according to him?

Comment

If i have ever said we ARE a good team, i misspoke. I think we have a chance at making the playoffs, as unrealistic as it is. I dont think we are a good team, however. I think we are incredibly average and incredibly deficient in super important areas. We have no lineup depth as currently constructed, we have no front line starting pitching, and our bullpen is fairly average and can blow up on any given night. I hope we make the playoffs and i think we have a decent chance, but I think there is a distinction between saying that and saying that we are any kind of contender or a good team.

Comment

Working...
                                X