A's @ Marlins 6/13 - 6/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    We currently do have a 4-man bench. I think we have for some time. Even crazier when you realize that two of those guys are catchers.
    We do? Didn't realize that.

Comment

We currently do have a 4-man bench. I think we have for some time. Even crazier when you realize that two of those guys are catchers.
      Ya Ellis,Telis,Colon,Ichiro

BUT when Prado,Hech,Bour come back the bench will be

Ellis,DD,Riddle,Moore and Ichiro which means u have to option Steckenrider(easy)

What happens when Tazawa comes back after rehab? U can't send Garcia or Wittgren down SO its either DFA Worley or DFA Moore or Ichiro(I would rather keep Moore than Ichiro btw)

Just saying have some decisions soon

- - - - - - - - - -

By way Oakland just DFA Plouffe. So looks like the Moore signing wasn't too bad-costs 4 million less and in 2 weeks we won't need a 3rd Baseman with Prado,DD,Riddle all able

Comment

I say Tazawa goes. Maybe he was injured earlier in the season, but he didn't show me anything that let me think that he was worthy of a roster spot.

Comment

I say Tazawa goes. Maybe he was injured earlier in the season, but he didn't show me anything that let me think that he was worthy of a roster spot.
          I agree but the Money of that contract will dictate otherwise.

Doesn't Rojas come back after the break?

Comment

So u have Jeff eating the remaining 3 million this year AND 7 million next year? Ya OK that will happen

I could see him being trading but not for a few more weeks which means someone has to go for now. Thing with Tazawa is he is under contract for next year so someone will give up something for him at the deadline. Expensive but most teams don't mind spending cash to improve and would rather have him than a career minor leaguer

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
            I agree but the Money of that contract will dictate otherwise.

Doesn't Rojas come back after the break?
            Ya Rojas should be healthy by the AS Break then give him week or 2 for rehab games. Thing with Rojas is he will be on rehab till trade deadline(if needed). U can figure out what to do with Hech or Riddle by then. Trade Hech to Seattle OR another team whose SS gets hurt for a prospect OR send Riddle back to AAA. Hech is gone next year no matter what
            Last edited by tjfla; 06-15-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Chen and Koehler should be back soon too right? Granted we have played better with out both of them. Koehler needs to go to the pen

Comment

Chen and Koehler should be back soon too right? Granted we have played better with out both of them. Koehler needs to go to the pen
                I believe Koehler was activated from the DL and sent to AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  So u have Jeff eating the remaining 3 million this year AND 7 million next year? Ya OK that will happen

I could see him being trading but not for a few more weeks which means someone has to go for now. Thing with Tazawa is he is under contract for next year so someone will give up something for him at the deadline. Expensive but most teams don't mind spending cash to improve and would rather have him than a career minor leaguer
                  So let me get this straight, you think we'll be able to get something decent for him in a trade, but if we put him on waivers and he's out there for other teams to take for free, no one will pick him up and we'll have to eat the contract? How does that make sense?

Comment

So let me get this straight, you think we'll be able to get something decent for him in a trade, but if we put him on waivers and he's out there for other teams to take for free, no one will pick him up and we'll have to eat the contract? How does that make sense?
                    U can get something if u hold onto him and he shows something before the deadline. However if u just DFA now/when he gets back from rehab NO ONE will bite on that contract. Which means we owe him whatever and get nothing. So 7 million of dead money on books for next year.

If Tazawa comes back next week and shows something over the next month till the deadline teams will come calling. They might ask for cash to be thrown in to cover some salary but u could get a prospect. Actually he could look like crap and figure it out in August and I bet a team would call before Sept 1

My point is doubt we will DFA a guy who still has 10 million left on his deal. Best case is they hold onto him for atleast a month he looks better and deal him for a low level prospect. Get rid of $ and get something. Worst case is u wait till August and hope someone bites on a waiver claim OR DFA him then OR even DL his ass again
                    Last edited by tjfla; 06-16-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Ya Rojas should be healthy by the AS Break then give him week or 2 for rehab games. Thing with Rojas is he will be on rehab till trade deadline(if needed). U can figure out what to do with Hech or Riddle by then. Trade Hech to Seattle OR another team whose SS gets hurt for a prospect OR send Riddle back to AAA. Hech is gone next year no matter what
                      Trade Hech for whatever you can get at this point. Just so he goes away.

Last I read, Chen was a question mark.

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                      I believe Koehler was activated from the DL and sent to AAA.
                      Yes, he was.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        Trade Hech for whatever you can get at this point. Just so he goes away.

Last I read, Chen was a question mark.

Yes, he was.
                        Chen is tossing but LONG way off and Koehler is in AAA because they are still trying to trade him

Hech is a hard case because the only teams who need a SS right now are SD and Seattle. SD isnt really looking to win so unless they get him free they aren't interested and Seattle only needs a SS till Segura is back. No real market(yet) and his cost arent very attractive

Comment

Bour was just reinstated from the DL. Telis optioned to AAA.

Comment

I couldnt even tell you who is in our rotation, lineup, or bench right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X