Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Dang, remember when we thought 5/$60 or 6/$70 would get it done
    It would have. They just waited too long.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Guys, don't give up hope yet. Reed Johnson and Garrett Jones' grit and leadership will convince Stanton to stay long term.

Comment

• Thats what I mean, IMO they "wait too long" on purpose just so they have a convenient excuse when it comes time for a big payday.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Stanton is going to participate in the Home Run Derby!
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Well, if Giancarlo continues to mash this season, at least they could get a great haul for him. I would love Betts and Henry Owens from Boston. Or Gallo from Texas.

Comment

• I heard Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin, Dallas Trahern, Mike Rabelo, Eugelio De La Cruz, and Burke Badenhop are available as well. We should trade Stanton for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                I heard Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin, Dallas Trahern, Mike Rabelo, Eugelio De La Cruz, and Burke Badenhop are available as well. We should trade Stanton for them.
                For that hefty return, we should include Jose too.

Comment

• Why are any of us a fan of this organization?

Comment

• Personally I just like all of you.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Why are any of us a fan of this organization?

This organization is so bad that not even Beef will defend them anymore.

Comment

• Pretty cool graphic:

Comment

• Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                          --------------------
                          Stanton's probably a better player, right now, than Cabrera was when they traded him.

They're gonna fucking do this again.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

• I do agree that they're about equal at this stage of his career. I think Cabrera's swing and approach at the plate allowed for more growth. Stanton being kind of an all or nothing guy with high strikeouts limits his ceiling a bit IMO. I think much better chance Cabrera's gonna still be a .330+ type hitter with tons of XBHs in his late 30s than Stanton's still jacking 40+ HRs in his late 30s especially post-steroid era. That being said, Stanton is a much better defensive player than Cabrera ever was, and maybe he can refine his swing to cut down on the K's as his career goes along.

Either way he needs to be locked up and I know it'll never happen.

Comment

• They're probably not giving him a 15-year contract, so what he'll be in his late 30's is *fart noise*
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                They're probably not giving him a 15-year contract, so what he'll be in his late 30's is *fart noise*
                                I'm more referring to the progression of his career. Not necessarily just the end of their careers. Not hating on Stanton at all, I just think it won't be as easy for Stanton to turn into the .330-.340 BA 40+ HR guy that Cabrera is because of the high strikeout #'s. Maybe he can turn into an even more ridiculous HR threat, though. I'm talking 50+ HRs a year. I find that more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X