No announcement yet.

Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cueto is an ace. That dude night be the most underrated (underappreciated?) front-line pitcher in baseball

Comment

• All i am saying is if people think a Latos deal will look like a Cueto deal it won't

Toronto-Jeff Hoffman,Matt Boyd,Alberto Tirado(Finnegan,Lamb,Reed)

As for Haren,the value will likely be a mid level prospect and a project arm(Alot of contenders like Haren as that playoff tested arm who won't cost that much) Giants have talked with us on a Haren/Morse type deal-Clayton Blackburn maybe? We have liked him awhile now

The best thing for us is Hamels to Texas and Detroit/CWS decide to buy. Then u got Toronto,LAD,Cubs,NYY,SF dying for a SP
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• I think they would get something good through a package only.

Send KC Latos, Prado, and Dunn and get 1 awesome 3B/CF/SP prospect, and move Haren, Ramos, and Ozuna for the other two of those.

Frees up sooooooooo much money to make impact signings

Comment

• I'm almost willing to bet the only deal they make is trading a Dietrich/Dunn/Hand type and we get zero in return and Haren and Latos walk in November
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I'm just saying Latos is a better pitcher than most people here are giving him credit for and his numbers this year look a lot like his career lines. If you don't get two thirds of the Cueto deal you're a shitty FO.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            I'm almost willing to bet the only deal they make is trading a Dietrich/Dunn/Hand type and we get zero in return and Haren and Latos walk in November
            I think they'll do nothing because they're incompetent.

Comment

• No they will trade Jeff Baker after Aug 1.

Maybe we will get lucky and the Cubs will miss out on all the SP become desperate and offer a Billy McKinney or ? for Latos and Dunn. To which we will counter with Mike Olt and a 24 yr old A Ball arm
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• As of late last week, management wasn't surrendering for this season, despite the fact that the Marlins are 12 games behind the first-place Nationals in the National League East. After a day off on Monday, Miami gets a chance to chip away at Washington when the two squads begin a three-game set at Marlins Park on Tuesday.

There is a chance All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon (dislocated left thumb) could be reinstated from the disabled list and play as early as Tuesday. But there also is a chance a handful of players currently in the clubhouse could be dealt. Right-handers Mat Latos and Dan Haren have been the two most notable, because both are going to be free agents this offseason and are not expected to return.

First baseman Michael Morse, who signed a two-year, $16 million contract last December, may also be on the move, especially if the Marlins agree to pick up half of his salary. Third baseman Martin Prado, a player Miami ideally would wish to retain, has also been rumored to be available. Prado is signed through 2016 for $11 million, but the Yankees are picking up $3 million. The Royals have been linked to Prado, but the versatile veteran isn't among their top targets.

Ideally, the Marlins would like to retain Prado. However, for the right price, they may be tempted to hammer out a trade.

If there is a mandate by owners to shed salaries, then that raises issues for potentially more trades. For now, there hasn't been any clear indication that's the plan. Although Miami is struggling, having lost three straight, the anticipation is the team will make things interesting down the stretch.

"There is a lot of season left to play," Berger said. "Again, you always have to have a casual eye on the future as well. It's uncertain. You don't know where this can go."

The path to salvaging the season includes getting Gordon and All-Star right fielder Giancarlo Stanton (broken left hand) back in the near future.
                Latos has been linked to the Blue Jays, Cubs and Yankees. Haren also has been connected to the Dodgers, Blue Jays and Orioles.
                "I know the phone never stops ringing," Berger said. "It's literally a wait-and-see [situation] right now."
                http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...efore-deadline

Mandate to shed salary? Wtf? I really want that to happen now.

Comment

• literally had no idea who Berger was until I clicked the link, but clearly he's the next GM after they can DJ
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    literally had no idea who Berger was until I clicked the link, but clearly he's the next GM after they can DJ
                    Yep Assistant GM who can listen well.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...erger_mike.jsp

If Detroit plays good this week,Latos could have another suitor. They had been looking at him

Comment

• Clark spencer saying that there is a lot of interest in Ozuna. Mentioned the Indians who have Carasco and Salazer they are open to trading. Says the Marlins want a lot and aren't really eager to trade Ozuna though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Clark spencer saying that there is a lot of interest in Ozuna. Mentioned the Indians who have Carasco and Salazer they are open to trading. Says the Marlins want a lot and aren't really eager to trade Ozuna though.
                        I suggested Carrasco-for-Ozuna last week. http://marlinmaniac.com/2015/07/25/m...tration-clock/

I'd do that trade, in an instant.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                          Clark spencer saying that there is a lot of interest in Ozuna. Mentioned the Indians who have Carasco and Salazer they are open to trading. Says the Marlins want a lot and aren't really eager to trade Ozuna though.
                          Like said 3 days ago!! They are talking to teams about Ozuna and Prado-they are willing to trade 1 of them for the best trade offer. If it is Ozuna then Prado in LF next year.

Also if they do get a ML SP in any deal,dont be surprised to see Koehler dealt. Hearing they have been getting interest from teams that like Ross from SD. Teams like that he can eat innings and under control for next year

- - - - - - - - - -

Also don't count Toronto out of Haren or Latos talks they have gotten nowhere with Milwaukee and still have pieces we like-Boyd,Tirado,Tellez,Nay

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                            I suggested Carrasco-for-Ozuna last week. http://marlinmaniac.com/2015/07/25/m...tration-clock/

I'd do that trade, in an instant.
                            Get it done, please. Salazar would work too.

Comment

• Prado in LF is one of the dumber ideas I've heard. Take away his one valuable trait, that he's a good defensive infielder, and make him the worst hitting left-fielder in the league.

Comment

• Might even be a bigger deal actually. They have thrown around names but could become Ozuna and a young arm(Probably let Cleveland choose) for Carrasco/Salazar and a young OF bat(Naquin/Ramsey/Zimmer/Papi)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                Prado in LF is one of the dumber ideas I've heard. Take away his one valuable trait, that he's a good defensive infielder, and make him the worst hitting left-fielder in the league.
                                Well who u gonna put out there McGehee?Dietrich?

The thought is Prado can play the spot next year for 8 million and if u trade Ozuna u get a Young OF in the deal who probably will be ready July 2016. Then can decide what to do with Prado

Comment

Working...
                                X