Marlins Sign Randy Wolf, Will Join Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Randy Wolf, Will Join Rotation

The second player is outside the organization.
    --------------------
    Heath Bell is a free agent, guys.
    --------------------
    Marlins to sign Randy Wolf.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 05-14-2014, 01:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Jose to 60 Day and Randy Wolf is up next

As for Josh Spence,Grant Dayton and Edgar Olmos are already on the 40 man so they would likely be first ones called up. Sam Dyson would be the right handed RP.

Comment

Randy Wolf? I thought he retired years ago.

Confused about what they're doing with Jennings he's getting called up and called down every week. He hasn't been great this year, but he's been serviceable. Leave him up. Stop calling up people who are walking a batter an inning and AAA and people who were long thought retired.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        Randy Wolf? I thought he retired years ago.

Confused about what they're doing with Jennings he's getting called up and called down every week. He hasn't been great this year, but he's been serviceable. Leave him up. Stop calling up people who are walking a batter an inning and AAA and people who were long thought retired.
        The thing with Jennings is he can be optioned and with Hand/Dunn in the pen u don't need 3 LR

They would love to send Hand down but if they DFA he is gone

Comment

Isn't Wolf Left-handed?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            Isn't Wolf Left-handed?
            Yep but it is not like he is gonna be up long. Desco(Mike Hill calls him) will pitch tonight and unless he looks amazing will be back in AA with Wolf taking his spot

Eventually Wolf will get destroyed and Hand will get another shot as a SP and Jennings will get called back up

Comment

Marlins Sign Randy Wolf, Will Join Rotation

per Jayson Stark and JCR
              --------------------
              not sure why we'd just hand him a rotation spot

http://tireball.com/mlb/2014/05/14/d...f-his-release/

"Wolf last pitched in the majors in 2012. In his 14 year career he holds a 132-117 record with a 4.20 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP."

had a 4.50 ERA in six AAA starts this year
              Last edited by emkayseven; 05-14-2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Because our FO is stupid.
                --------------------
                Guy couldn't make the rotation of the team with the 2nd worst record in the NL, but he'll waltz right into our rotation after 1 starter goes down for us? Where is all the pitching depth the FO was championing this spring?
                Last edited by Nick; 05-14-2014, 01:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

He did actually make Seattle's rotation but asked out

Comment

I'm at a "doesn't really matter" stance.

I think they should be giving the innings to young guys to see who sticks (Hand/Flynn/Disco) but whatever. I think the four would be around similar production.

At least they didn't trade Mars for a veteran SP that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      I'm at a "doesn't really matter" stance.

I think they should be giving the innings to young guys to see who sticks (Hand/Flynn/Disco) but whatever. I think the four would be around similar production.

At least they didn't trade Mars for a veteran SP that sucks
                      Ya we could have traded a young 3B for a 34 yr old player

Comment

He's worth a shot. If he sucks, they'll move on to another option.

Comment

Not that it really matters, but I don't see why he's worth a shot. He's 37 and terrible.

Comment

Yeah, I mean has he done anything in the last 3 years to suggest he'll be better than say Kevin Slowey?

I'm not seeing it.

Comment

Because our minor league options aren't ready in my opinion. Flynn was garbage last September. I don't see a reason to think Heaney is ready yet, same with DeSclafani.

Hand sucks.

I did forget about Slowey though. Probably should just go with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X