No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC Oviedo was designated for assignment. I wouldn't mind him returning to Miami.
    --------------------
    He had a 3.69ERA and a 1.36 WHIP with a 36/6 K/BB ratio in 31 2/3 innings.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-26-2014, 03:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      JC Oviedo was designated for assignment. I wouldn't mind him returning to Miami.
      --------------------
      He had a 3.69ERA and a 1.36 WHIP with a 36/6 K/BB ratio in 31 2/3 innings.
      I wouldn't care to have him back.

For one, the K/BB ratio is 26/16, not 36/6.
      Two, I'm tired of bringing in reclamation projects who aren't any better than any of the current arms in the bullpen.

Comment

• Time for your BS trade rumors

Well like said we are now "buyers" and seems Loria is willing to spend for a bat.Names mentioned have been Asdrubal Cabrera,Aaron Hill.Martin Prado. They still prefer younger guys however Loria has given the OK to spend cash especially if signed for next year already

IF Dietrich is healthy(healthy as in wrist checks out) you could see him in an offer along with more

They are also looking for a veteran SP however want a bat preferably 2B more

Comment

• None of those fellas are bats anymore.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• SP is the biggest need.

Comment

• We need a SP to replace Turner. Leave Turner as a reliever/spot starter/pitch in a blow out-guy, and give him a chance to compete next spring.

We need another SP more than anything if we truly want to compete. Jordany/Solano/DD can man 2B for now.

I don't think any of those names mentioned are good enough to trade for instead of a SP.
              Last edited by Big Z; 07-27-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                None of those fellas are bats anymore.
                Hill or Furcal/Solano at 2B? Hey if Loria will spend the cash ill take Hill

Also like said they want a SP just want a bat more right now. I think it also has some to do what teams want for SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Hill or Furcal/Solano at 2B? Hey if Loria will spend the cash ill take Hill

Also like said they want a SP just want a bat more right now. I think it also has some to do what teams want for SP.
                  I prefer Prado over Hill. For Hill I rather put DD at 2B.

Anyone know what type of veteran SP are out there right now? I read this morning that Astros are not willing to trade Qualls (LOL), but they are willing to part with some of their SP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    I prefer Prado over Hill. For Hill I rather put DD at 2B.

Anyone know what type of veteran SP are out there right now? I read this morning that Astros are not willing to trade Qualls (LOL), but they are willing to part with some of their SP.
                    That is the issue-the market for SP is not deep at all. Lee is on the market but even tho Loria is willing to spend-not that much. They also don't want to rent a SP they are looking for 1 they have for a few years not one who is a FA next year

Comment

• I don't even want Hill. He's not much of an upgrade over what we have now.

Comment

• Lets not just make a trade to make a trade. But i have a feeling thats what is going to happen.

Comment

• After watching Dominguez this series and seeing that he has the lowest WAR out of all major league starting third baseman, I don't really mind we got rid of him.

Comment

• They need another SP. If they trade for one, hopefully they do it to improve the rotation lol. I think almost anyone you get will be better than Turner. If Hand starts to blow again, we have Heaney down there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                              After watching Dominguez this series and seeing that he has the lowest WAR out of all major league starting third baseman, I don't really mind we got rid of him.
                              He is apparently pretty awful defensively, shockingly.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Time for your BS trade rumors

Well like said we are now "buyers" and seems Loria is willing to spend for a bat.Names mentioned have been Asdrubal Cabrera,Aaron Hill.Martin Prado. They still prefer younger guys however Loria has given the OK to spend cash especially if signed for next year already

IF Dietrich is healthy(healthy as in wrist checks out) you could see him in an offer along with more

They are also looking for a veteran SP however want a bat preferably 2B more
                                Are we still interested in Alex Cobb?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X