The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
    I still don't know what it means. When they sent out the lineups with the nicknames, I thought it was Rojas until I saw him at SS. I had no idea they were doing unique uniforms until I saw them here on the field.
    They said just now on the broadcast that his mother who passed away early in his life's last name was strange and his real first name is Deevaris. So its a tribute to his mother. I actually didnt know that about his mom. I read the top twins prospect Nick Gordon was actually his half brother and never knew the story behind that, so good for him. Nice story.

Also, Minervini on the broadcast reporting that the goal for Bour is 2 weeks. Would be a huge addition. He cant be expected to be what he was pre-injury but if he can put up close to an .800 OPS that just improves what we've been getting and makes the lineup deeper. Until then id really like to see more ellis. He's been really solid.

- - - - - - - - - -

Who do you guys have the most confidence in out of our starters right now? Random question but im trying to decide between Straily, Urena, and Conley and i feel pretty much the same about all of them. Conley has been really solid since coming back up though. And he looks great thus far tonight.

Comment

• 49!!

Comment

• This is absurd. 49!

- - - - - - - - - -

That closed stance is incredible. Its made him be able to cover that outside part of the plate that always used to get him with that outer corner slider. You've seen so much fewer flailing at that outside off speed pitch. What an adjustment. Whoever the hell the hitting coach is now deserves some credit. Also fuck barry bonds.

Comment

• Jesus. He is possessed!

Comment

• On pace for 63 now.....

Comment

• Absolutely incredible
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Stanton's always been good, but, ever since he closed his batting stance, he's basically God in a batter's box.

Comment

• I'd think we HAVE to go get a pitcher if we sweep the Pads. Dickey seems like a good fit
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    I'd think we HAVE to go get a pitcher if we sweep the Pads. Dickey seems like a good fit
                    Who else is available?

Comment

• We have made 2 outs on the basepaths so far tonight.

Comment

• Conley just gave 2 back.

Comment

• Conley giving it all back. Our pitching sucks.

Comment

• They've hit some balls pretty hard throughout the game, until this they've been ours though.

Comment

• If Stanton hits #50 now, that'd be great...

- - - - - - - - - -

Didn't hit #50, but a 2-run single works. 5-2 lead, Big G with all 5 RBI's.

Comment

• A double works too. He's just on such a tear!

Comment

Working...
                                X