No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .500 boys! Never thought this would happen!

Comment

• HUGH SWEEP, BOYSSSSSS.

Comment

• Rockies and Cards both lost.

Comment

• Don't look now but fivethirtyeight has our chances up to 20%
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            Don't look now but fivethirtyeight has our chances up to 20%
            I think I'm reading Fangraphs wrong or they calculate it much differently.

Fangraphs has us at 9.8% for the Wild Card or is that WINNING the Wild Card?

- - - - - - - - - -

https://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx

Comment

• 9.8% chance of being a wild card team
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• It'd be nice to get the Cardinals in our rear-view mirror since they're the only team we don't have any remaining games with.

Comment

• Piggy-backing on that R.A. Dickey idea, I'm thinking another corner infield bat may help us more than a reliever. What about Brandon Phillips or Matt Adams? It will help us bridge the gap until Bour is ready, plus really strengthen the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    9.8% chance of being a wild card team
                    So what was the 20% thing you posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      So what was the 20% thing you posted?
                      That was from FiveThirtyEight. It's their chance of making the playoffs (so making it to that wild card game), not winning the wild card. Sounds like Fangraphs' 9.8% is for winning the wild card.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tions/marlins/

Comment

• WC Boys!!!

Why add pieces? We are getting Chen,Wittgren,Bour back by mid Sept. Prado possible for late Sept. Chen has rehab game in GCL on Thurs

They have 3 LOOGY types in AAA. Kyle Lobstein is the best(would 60 Day Volquez,leave Cervenka down and add Lobstein as a LOOGY)

Would be nice to add Brian Anderson but he has a concussion and is still out

Maybe they add a Eury Perez as an extra OF. Pinch Runner type who is hitting .348 this year

We have 2 open spots on the 40 man(Can 60 Day Volquez/Riddle) and easily could open up 2 or 3 more
                        Last edited by tjfla; 08-23-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Chen probably gets 2 rehab starts before the August deadline. You gotta be 100% sure he's healthy if you can count on him for anything. Still you have Worley and Nicolino in the rotation right now, both of which could use an upgrade. If you're going to make a move for a corner infielder, you should probably do it sooner than later. Can we survive with probably 2 more weeks of Telis/Moore at 1st? I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            Chen probably gets 2 rehab starts before the August deadline. You gotta be 100% sure he's healthy if you can count on him for anything. Still you have Worley and Nicolino in the rotation right now, both of which could use an upgrade. If you're going to make a move for a corner infielder, you should probably do it sooner than later. Can we survive with probably 2 more weeks of Telis/Moore at 1st? I don't know.
                            O i am with u,I would see about BP. Offer a Buckelew/Squier or Zach Sulivan and see if they will take it

Just saying we have guys coming back(I wouldn't bet on Prado) but Bour,Wittgren,Chen for sure. Can 60 day Volquez/Riddle and add Brian Anderson and Lobstein

Gotta think Mattingly is dying for a LOOGY so he can use Garcia more instead of just 1 batter because he is the only lefty

- - - - - - - - - -

The Sept 22 Roadtrip is what is gonna make or break us. Got Colorado and Arizona for 6 games
                            Last edited by tjfla; 08-23-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Theres gotta be one nice bullpen arm and a veteran, steady SP we can get for a PTBNL or cash. Id give up a decent prospect (obviously if we continue the winning ways this week against 2 bad teams) for Dickey and a bullpen arm like Jim Johnson from the braves if they sneak through waivers. We need an innings eater and while I still think Chen is a decent pitcher if he is ever healthy, he's more of a guy you take as a nice surprise rather than count on.

Id give up a guy like maybe a Braxton lee or something like that if we can get a SP like dickey and another reliever to add to the mix. Id then call up Anderson as soon as he is healthy and hope Bour comes back ASAP. Im just not sure whether the braves are looking to pick up that option on Dickey for 8 million next year given their influx of SP talent so I think theyd take anything they can get for him at the waiver deadline.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'd also like to add a cheap SS/MI type guy that is an upgrade on Aviles off the bench. He is terrible. The one drawback for all of this is that Loria is still in charge and I dont see him likely to spend money in a cash for player type deal the last month before he sells the team. He could surprise us though.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                O i am with u,I would see about BP. Offer a Buckelew/Squier or Zach Sulivan and see if they will take it

Just saying we have guys coming back(I wouldn't bet on Prado) but Bour,Wittgren,Chen for sure. Can 60 day Volquez/Riddle and add Brian Anderson and Lobstein

Gotta think Mattingly is dying for a LOOGY so he can use Garcia more instead of just 1 batter because he is the only lefty

- - - - - - - - - -

The Sept 22 Roadtrip is what is gonna make or break us. Got Colorado and Arizona for 6 games
                                We've got to get there first, though. If we don't take care of the teams we need to take care of before that, then it won't matter.

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Theres gotta be one nice bullpen arm and a veteran, steady SP we can get for a PTBNL or cash. Id give up a decent prospect (obviously if we continue the winning ways this week against 2 bad teams) for Dickey and a bullpen arm like Jim Johnson from the braves if they sneak through waivers. We need an innings eater and while I still think Chen is a decent pitcher if he is ever healthy, he's more of a guy you take as a nice surprise rather than count on.

Id give up a guy like maybe a Braxton lee or something like that if we can get a SP like dickey and another reliever to add to the mix. Id then call up Anderson as soon as he is healthy and hope Bour comes back ASAP. Im just not sure whether the braves are looking to pick up that option on Dickey for 8 million next year given their influx of SP talent so I think theyd take anything they can get for him at the waiver deadline.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'd also like to add a cheap SS/MI type guy that is an upgrade on Aviles off the bench. He is terrible. The one drawback for all of this is that Loria is still in charge and I dont see him likely to spend money in a cash for player type deal the last month before he sells the team. He could surprise us though.
                                I agree they were the right moves at the time, but sucks that we don't have Phelps/Ramos anymore and are now potentially looking for bullpen help. The SP need is obvious though. Agree about Aviles. Is Riddle out for the year? I don't remember.

Who knows, if Loria sees an opportunity to sneak into the playoffs, maybe he'll OK spending some extra money to try to get one more ring as he goes out the door. Just sign the sale papers first....

Comment

Working...
                                X