Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Hech is ready to however no spot for him so he is still "rehabbing". Likely a deal by this weekend for 1 or 2 prospects

Also they have 2 finalists(Baltimore is 1) however the hold up is both teams want pitchers too so talking bigger deal. Likely won't happen but u could see a Koehler or Phelps included. No clue about prospects but anything we get for guys who will be NON tendered is a plus. Baltimore doesn't have a great system

Other team is Tampa. Buster Olney reports and says they are favs.
    Update Hech looks to be on his way to TB for "fringe" prospects HOWEVER Jerry Crasnick now reports that TB wants a cheap power arm in the deal to take ALL of Hech's salary. These idiots are fighting over 2 million dollars

Crasnick guess they want Bearclaw. (I know Crasnick must be drunk or getting old-he used to be decent) I would say NO chance in hell we do Hech AND Bearclaw to TB for fringe prospects however who the fuck knows with Mike Hill but could see Ellington,Guerrero or even McGowan. All 3 are cheap power arms and if u get another fringe prospect I wouldnt mind

Now says they might be ok with just Hech but unless Jeff picks up the 2 million dollar tab the prospects will be terrible. So looks like Hech and either a RP OR us sending 2 million to TB for fringe prospects OR Hech for crap

SD is in on him to but told us they will just claim him in we DFA him arent really that interested now and will wait till DFA or Non Tender!
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-26-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Update Hech looks to be on his way to TB for "fringe" prospects HOWEVER Jerry Crasnick now reports that TB wants a cheap power arm in the deal to take ALL of Hech's salary. These idiots are fighting over 2 million dollars

Crasnick guess they want Bearclaw. (I know Crasnick must be drunk or getting old-he used to be decent) I would say NO chance in hell we do Hech AND Bearclaw to TB for fringe prospects however who the fuck knows with Mike Hill but could see Ellington,Guerrero or even McGowan. All 3 are cheap power arms and if u get another fringe prospect I wouldnt mind

Now says they might be ok with just Hech but unless Jeff picks up the 2 million dollar tab the prospects will be terrible. So looks like Hech and either a RP OR us sending 2 million to TB for fringe prospects OR Hech for crap

SD is in on him to but told us they will just claim him in we DFA him arent really that interested now and will wait till DFA or Non Tender!
      Yeah, him talking about putting Barraclough in the deal for fringe prospects is ridiculous.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yeah, him talking about putting Barraclough in the deal for fringe prospects is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

Ridiculous part is they are fighting over $2 million dollars NOT 20 million. He already lost the Baltimore deal over cash

One positive about fringe prospects from a TB is they have 4 Rookie Ball teams and are active in the IFA,so if u scout well u can get a project or 2. However our luck with fringe types it will be 2 or 3 guys who are released by November. At least they are trying to get assets for someone that will not be around next year
        Last edited by tjfla; 06-26-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

1 down and atleast 6 more who won't be around next year to go

Ellis,Ichiro,Koehler,Phelps,Locke,McGowan

Comment

First William Cuevas the Hech trade and now Keyvius Sampson,did Jeff hire a real GM this past week or something?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...medium=linker-

Comment

Looks like next guy up is Koehler,4 to 6 teams have called on him and have offered some low ball deals. The reason why he is still in AAA is because they don't wanna call him up and get destroyed. Trying to boost his value. Team like LA Dodgers,LA Angels,Colorado,TB,Baltimore and others have called on him and could happen sooner rather than later(Not with TB or Baltimore-both won't take the $)

Dont be surprised if u see us deal a RP to TB if they are buying. They are looking for power cheap arm like Ellington,McGowan,Bearclaw

Phelps is also getting bites as a SP. Teams also like AJ however our asking price has to drop

IF Jeff throws in the towel,we will have a very busy trade deadline. However if they dont have a "handshake/wink wink deal" with someone by the End of July dont expect us to discuss Yelich,Ozuna,Stanton,JT,Gordon,Prado,Bour,Straily. The reason is MLB doesn't want Jeff getting rid of key guys that are signed/under control past 2018-they prefer that they let the new owners decide what to do. The WILL however let him discuss players who are FA after 2018 like Volquez,Ziegler,Tazawa

Comment

Ziegler and Tazawa are MUST KEEPS

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  Ziegler and Tazawa are MUST KEEPS
                  Oh they're definitely in line to have their numbers retired.

Comment

I would retire Ziegler's number if it meant Ziegler was gone.

Comment

Jeff Passan reporting that "multiple teams" are targeting Marlins relievers A.J. Ramos and David Phelps.

Not surprising since I said it yesterday. Phelps and Koehler are high on alot of lists. Ramos is too however the asking price seems to be crazy right now,teams expect it to drop eventually. Bearclaw while he isn't on the block teams have called and been told he can be had for a crazy package

Comment

Yankees reportedly interested in Bour and Prado. There's a lot of pieces to like from their system.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                          Yankees reportedly interested in Bour and Prado. There's a lot of pieces to like from their system.
                          Thing with Prado is it would be a salary dump. Wouldn't get anything great in return. Boston and NYY like him tho

- - - - - - - - - -

More from Nightengale

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...elp/435786001/

But for now, the Miami has become the most popular destination calling place for opposing GMs. The Marlins, who on Monday traded shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria to the Tampa Bay Rays and the remainder of his $4.35 million contract, received nearly a dozen phone calls alone on Tuesday from prospective buyers.

The Marlins, with nearly $400 million on the books through 2024, are letting everyone know they are trying to reduce their payroll to help facilitate the sale of the team, which is expected to sell for $1.1 billion to $1.3 billion.

The Marlins, according to several high-ranking officials, say that anyone with a multi-year contract could be available.

That means everyone from their three All-Star ambassadors, outfielders Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich and Prado are all available, with their relievers, particularly closer AJ Ramos, drawing the most interest.

It’s unlikely they would trade catcher J.T. Realmuto, shortstop JT Riddle or Bour, according to a high-ranking Marlins official, but they’re certainly willing to listen.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nothing will pickup till AFTER the ASG tho,the only reason we traded Hech was because he had to come back from rehab.

Most of the dozen calls have been on our pitchers. Would be smart to listen on Ozuna and Bour(especially if NYY called) but wouldn't be mad if we kept them around

AJ Ellis is also getting a few calls for playoff teams/buyers
                          Last edited by tjfla; 06-28-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Prado is a guy who id be shopping heavily. Just makes sense given how our lineup has produced, he is still productive, and his contract isnt that terrible or that long. Yankees make a ton of sense. Im pretty sure I said that a few weeks ago.

I wouldnt trade bour unless you get a ridiculous offer. No need given how cheap he is.

Comment

If the Marlins go into sell mode, I'm ok with them selling high on Bour.

Comment

July 13/14 is when business will pick up. Soon as Jeff gets his ass kissed by baseball its on!!

He will pick a new owner and if the new owners wanna start over it's an Estate Sale. Heard Mas wants to start from scratch and Rothbaum group would rather hold onto some guys. Jeter no clue,nothing has really come out about him or even his group
                                Last edited by tjfla; 06-30-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X