X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dim View Post
    Thought Judge was DH'ing, I'm guessing he's starting in the outfield then

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Prolly both just saying alot more AB's in NY with the DH and a young guy who was hurt at 1B than down here with no DH and a guy they like at 1B

- - - - - - - - - -

Well looks like another former Marlin is hurt-can any pitcher that has been in Miami been able to stay healthy??

The Cardinals have voided their minor league deal with Kendry Flores after the right-hander did not pass his physical, reports Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com (on Twitter). Langosch reported earlier this week that the righty was headed for an MRI after experiencing shoulder discomfort.

Comment

• To steal a line from Kurt Angle

It's True,It's Damn True!!!!!

Samson says MULTIPLE offers/buyers

http://www.local10.com/sports/mlb/ma...ted-in-marlins

Comment

• If there's one guy whose word I can trust, it's definitely David Samson.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          If there's one guy whose word I can trust, it's definitely David Samson.
          A campaign slogan. David Sampson. A man you can trust!

Comment

• Another trade we have lost or outworked on!!

Grant Dayton LHP

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...aytogr01.shtml

Chris Reed LHP

Retired Last Week

Comment

• Holy shit just checked Dayton's stats in the majors last year, he was fucking incredible. It's cool though, we dont really need a lefty reliever anyway.

- - - - - - - - - -

Im actually very excited for the start of the year. Granted that excitement will die once i have to see our daily rotation, but happy baseball is back.
              Last edited by fish16; 02-20-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Holy shit just checked Dayton's stats in the majors last year, he was fucking incredible. It's cool though, we dont really need a lefty reliever anyway.

- - - - - - - - - -

Im actually very excited for the start of the year. Granted that excitement will die once i have to see our daily rotation, but happy baseball is back.
                Ya 4 MLB teams have got their lefty from us while we trade 2 prospects for one who will be in AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Ya 4 MLB teams have got their lefty from us while we trade 2 prospects for one who will be in AAA.
                  so many mind numbingly bad trades it hurts to think about. And thats not even counting the Desclafani trade which i dont mind because i thought Latos could regain form. I was always high on him though. We are just terrible at valuing our own players and even worse at valuing other teams players.

Comment

• Well first injury of 2017 season goes to

Jeff Locke

Marlins lefty Jeff Locke is dealing with biceps tendinitis according to reports. U know what that means soon for the the Fish-we get our 5th Shoulder Surgery for free!!!

Comment

• I know we are going with a 4 man bench but Derek Norris at 4.2 million wouldn't look to bad on this team.

Can play C and 1B,hits righty. Means we could play him or JT at 1B/C

99.9% it wont happen

Comment

• Ichiro suffered a bruised knee in a minor collision with Brandon Barnes. Expected to only miss a few days......which is Marlins speak for 3 months.

Comment

• Few Minor league depth signings(Cause u know we don't have prospects to fill rosters)

2B Steve Lombardozzi, SS Shao-Pin Ho

http://californiawinterleague.com/20...-with-marlins/

Ho is from Taiwan and says will be the SS at GBoro. Hey least they are getting IFA talent

Comment

• A few rule changes were implemented today:

Among them:
                            -Intentional walks can be signaled rather than throwing all 4 balls.
                            -A 30-second limit for a manager to request a replay review
                            -A “conditional” two-minute guideline for officials to reach a determination on a review case. (The announcement notes that there are “various exceptions” but does not elaborate.)
                            -Crew Chiefs can now invoke replay reviews of non-home-run calls even after a manager is out of challenges beginning in the eighth inning, as opposed to the seventh inning.
                            -An amendment made in regard to the positioning of base coaches prior to the delivery of a pitch. (Effectively, they must be positioned at the intersection of the coaching box line that is closest to the plate and the line that runs parallel to the foul line when the pitch is delivered but are free to move to signal a player when a ball is in play).
                            -It is also now expressly forbidden to use any type of on-field markers that could serve as a reference for the positioning of defenders. - I wonder how this will affect us - doesn't Perry Hill place a small marker at the edge of the dirt/grass that the infield uses as a base point?
                            -The league made an addition to Rule 5.07, which seems to carry a direct correlation to Carter Capps’ unorthodox and controversial delivery. Per the league’s announcement, the rule now “stipulates that a player may not take a second step toward home plate with either foot or otherwise reset his pivot foot in his delivery of the pitch.” Doing so with the bases empty will result in an illegal pitch, while doing so with runners aboard will result in a balk.

----

The last one doesn't affect us any longer, but it would have had we not traded Capps to San Diego.

Here's the full writeup at MLBTR:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...ar-season.html

Comment

• funny, I said the same things to [MENTION=24]McLevin[/MENTION] today. I do believe Perry uses a marker system.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                funny, I said the same things to [MENTION=24]McLevin[/MENTION] today. I do believe Perry uses a marker system.
                                I suppose there would be nothing to stop players from making their own mark somewhere in the dirt with their spikes or something. I'm guessing this rule just means a physical object can't be put down.

Comment

Working...
                                X