No announcement yet.

Bash Brothers Stanton and Jones Combine for 4 Solo HR's: MIL 9 MIA 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Bash Brothers Stanton and Jones Combine for 4 Solo HR's: MIL 9 MIA 5

It's better than getting blanked 1-0 like the 47 times it happened last year.

Can Reed Johnson play 1B v LHP's or is that a dumb thing?

He's never done it before.

Should be able to expect better from Jeff Baker vs. LHP moving forward.
    --------------------
    Ideally, this would be the infield...

C Salty vs. RHP/Mathis vs. LHP
    1B Jones vs. RHP/Baker vs. LHP
    2B Deitrich vs. RHP/Lucas vs. LHP
    SS Someone who isn't Adeiny Hechavarria vs. RHP/Someone who isn't Adeiny Hechavarria vs. RHP
    3B McGehee whatever

Outfield doesn't lend itself quite so well to platoons, because there's really no reason to take Yelich out vs. LHP at this point in his career.
    --------------------
    So yeah, if Johnson was willing to learn 1B, you coul at least shift Lucas to SS vs. LHP and Baker to 2B and get another solid bat in there.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-23-2014, 09:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

Our pitching isn't gonna help us much this weekend. Turner tomm and wolf Sunday yippee

Comment

@clarkspencer: No official word yet from #Marlins, but LH Dan Jennings appears to be on his way back up. Could that mean a DFA for Brad Hand? Stay tuned.
        Twitter

Comment

Jones hitting .313/.377/.609/.986 so far against RHP

Gotta really give credit to the FO for replacing Lomo with Jones+Capps and only spending 1 million dollars more.

Though Ryan Webb would be real nice to have right now. Really, really hard to understand why we couldn't have given the money from Marmol to Webb...

Last year Marmol: 4.41 ERA/5.19 FIP
          Last year Webb: 2.91 ERA/3.60 FIP

Let alone the difference this year...not sure what they were thinking on that front.

But great move with the Jones/Lomo change

Comment

And Lomo hasn't played yet this season. He has been hurt all year.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I never liked Webb. I felt like every time he came in with inherited runners, they would score.

Comment

As a Marlin he inherited 127 runners and 42 of them scored, 33%. 33% in 11, 37% in 12, 29% in 13. League average is 29%.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  I never liked Webb. I felt like every time he came in with inherited runners, they would score.
                  Marmol vs Webb.. Hmmm Marmol vs inherited runners? lol

Comment

Yeah, that's what it comes down to. I really don't think Webb is anything special, and I doubt anyone here does, but he's better than the guy(s) they replaced him with, they let him go for nothing and its not like he was going to be super expensive. It was bad asset management.
                    --------------------
                    But, since you asked...Marmol inherited 3 runners this season, none of them scored. He's at 21% career.
                    Last edited by HUGG; 05-25-2014, 11:09 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                    X