X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    The camels back is already broken.
    If anything could break it further, though, a Jose trade would.

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Like said Jeff seems to not know what to do with Jose. He wants to be blown away by a deal which is why u keep hearing that teams made offers. Teams have called but when they make an offer they are countered with something nuts
    At least they're doing that instead of the usual "take the first offer" approach.

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    I guess the other positive if you're Loria is a Fernandez deal almost certainly means Stanton opts out, right? So Loria gets his All Star Game and still has a superstar, Stanton opts out year 6 and by that time there's a TV deal in place and very little on the books which would definitely make this team a $1B + sale
    Why does a Fernandez deal mean Stanton opting out?

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    I lost my mind a couple weeks ago when the original rumors of trading him broke but I'm calm now and here's where I'm at.

If you can get Urias, Joc, Holmes, and two more close to ready pieces (I prefer Peraza), that's a significantly larger haul than what we got for Cabrera.

If you take what we've been told as fact:
    -The Marlins approached Jose with an extension and he turned it down
    -Boras clients rarely sign extensions
    -Jose is unhappy here
    -Jose was not great in the clubhouse

then those all (particularly the first point) suggest trading him is wise. Yes, he's under contract for three more years, but you have to look at the big picture of this team. Are we competing in that 3 year window? We're supposed to, but I think the answer is a pretty clear no. The FA market next season is weak (particularly for SP). We really screwed up with Rodon, and Kolek is - best case - 2.5 to 3 years away, if he pans out at all. There are no reinforcements of any value in the minors. This team is what we have. Will we win with it?

As such, you don't have any minor league assets to acquire help for the big league team. The best possible scenario is to use a major league asset to fill multiple holes. If you're looking at a team with Realmuto, Bour, Gordon, Hech, 3B (still a question mark), Yelich, Pederson, and Stanton, that's a deep lineup all of a sudden. SP is still a problem but it's an issue with or without Jose. At least this way you are getting 2, if not 3, advanced arms, which can either help you directly or be used as trade bait for another starter down the road.

- - - - - - - - - -

paid or actual? I don't think "announced" attendance will average lower than 20k because they run so many promos and specials and they know MLB would have a shit fit if it happened. They'd sooner give the tickets away, I think.
    But are the latter two Fernandez points true? We heard nothing about any unhappiness or clubhouse issues with him for as long as he's been here until a few weeks ago when the trade rumors started popping up. Regarding your first point - what type of deal did they offer him? The usual Marlins low-ball "we tried" deal (at least for a player of his caliber)? Or a real offer that he still turned down? (either is likely, I suppose, but given their history, I lean toward the latter).

And subtracting Ozuna and adding Pederson makes the otherwise same lineup as last year deep "all the sudden?" I don't understand.

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    It really is amazing that they can't turn a cheap core of Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, Gordon and Fernandez into a contender. That's astounding.
    (I know you know why, but I'm just saying anyway...) Because they won't spend to get the necessary guys around that core. They just think oh if we have these guys, we can pay the rest pennies and cross our fingers that it works, coupled with the aforementioned draft/trade issues, and it's easy to see why they can't do it.

Comment

• Looks like going to get serious with LAD. Dodgers are trying to wrangle another team into the deal to satisfy our "wants". Whatever the hell that means(My buddy says no one seems to know but that is the language going around)

Says could mean Puig to Chicago for a bat to "replace" Seager in the deal OR Oakland,Atlanta,Cleveland for a starter(Grey,Miller,Salazar/Bauer)

In other words massive deal HOWEVER with LAD looking for a 3rd team the talks are moving along
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Looks like going to get serious with LAD. Dodgers are trying to wrangle another team into the deal to satisfy our "wants". Whatever the hell that means(My buddy says no one seems to know but that is the language going around)
        I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, but when you give us this inside info, you know it's on mlbtraderumors already, right? Don't take it personally or anything, but I'm just saying.

The only new info in here is that Toronto could get involved, which is actually something that hasn't been reported at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, but when you give us this inside info, you know it's on mlbtraderumors already, right? Don't take it personally or anything, but I'm just saying.

The only new info in here is that Toronto could get involved, which is actually something that hasn't been reported at all.
          Dont take anything personally but only can stay stuff when around computer,I understand u guys are looking for hints and "Inside Info" as u all call it like 3 days before.

Alot more important things then tell u guys stuff I hear(I mean read on mlbtraderumors sorry) Not to be a dick either but I dont do it for most on this site(I would actually prefer ALOT of u guys to put me on your ignore list and just didnt read my posts) I do it for the few guys who ask OR say thanks

- - - - - - - - - -

Samson with confirmation they are actually listening

Samson on Jose: "It would take something where everyone in the room said oh, I would do that." No one has made that offer yet
          Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Dont take anything personally but only can stay stuff when around computer,I understand u guys are looking for hints and "Inside Info" as u all call it like 3 days before.

Alot more important things then tell u guys stuff I hear(I mean read on mlbtraderumors sorry) Not to be a dick either but I dont do it for most on this site(I would actually prefer ALOT of u guys to put me on your ignore list and just didnt read my posts) I do it for the few guys who ask OR say thanks

- - - - - - - - - -

Samson with confirmation they are actually listening

Samson on Jose: "It would take something where everyone in the room said oh, I would do that." No one has made that offer yet
            I've gotten used to it at this point so it's cool with me, but I think people in general are nice to you around here. On a lot of boards, this could be considered trolling even if it's not your intention. I knew about the Simmons deal before it happened and people were pissed I mentioned it on an Angels board without an official source.

Furthermore, it seems like you're only reporting the anti-Loria/they're definitely trading him side of the story. All indications are that Jose is actually not for sale unless the team is getting an unrealistic return back. That's probably the case with a lot of players but they're only reporting in this case because it's the Marlins.

Realistically speaking, what do you think our current odds are of trading Fernandez? Is it like 50/50 at this point? Because honestly, it feels like the Marlins have become the annoying guy in every fantasy league who offers trades that have no chance of happening.

Comment

• Well the Cubs just got Adam Warren from the Yankees for Starlin Castro.

Comment

• Arizona just traded for Shelby Miller.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pollock not included.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nick Piecoro @nickpiecoro
                Hearing from multiple sources Ender Inciarte, Aaron Blair and Dansby Swanson are involved in the Shelby Miller deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dansby Swanson was the #1 pick last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  I don't go to mbtraderumors so helps for me. This place is literally my only baseball source.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                    I don't go to mbtraderumors so helps for me. This place is literally my only baseball source.
                    same here

Comment

• #TradeJose!

- - - - - - - - - -

https://twitter.com/clarkspencer/status/674410471882170373

But he's "not available"

Comment

• clarkspencer @clarkspencer
                        Hearing that #Marlins had deal working with D-Backs: Jose Fernandez for Corbin, Swanson and 3 others -- until Zona landed Shelby Miller.

Comment

• I feel like there's a chance I wake up tomorrow and Jose Fernandez is a Dodger. This Shelby Miller thing almost forces Dodgers to make a big splash.

Comment

• tj, who are your sources? The voices in your head? Or are you just a charlatan?

Plus, why do you say "we" when referring to the Marlins? Are you employed by the Marlins?

So many questions...

Comment

• Joe Frisaro Verified account
                              ‏@JoeFrisaro

For #Dodgers to land Jose Fernandez from #Marlins hearing it would take Urias, Seager, Pederson and two more. #WinterMeetings

Comment

• Pretty sure Tj is actually Joe Frisaro. But, whatever man. Does it really matter if what he's posting is true or not? It's fun to read and talk about this stuff and the fact is, until these deals get done, even the actual reporters have basically no idea what's happening either.

Comment

Working...
                                X