Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ....J.... View Post
    and the longoria contract was used for perspective for the 100 mil clowns in this thread.....not as a point of what Stanton gets
    You stupid idiot! You were still using the longoria contract to make an statement about what Stanton should or should not get. It is the same fucking thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
      You stupid idiot! You were still using the longoria contract to make an statement about what Stanton should or should not get. It is the same fucking thing.
      LMAO! 12 yr olds and their lil computers.....such tough guys

Comment

• Omg, we have our own BrocoBob!

Comment

• What does GFY stand for?
          --------------------
          ohhhhh, I think I know
          Last edited by Beef; 08-24-2011, 07:48 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

im not gonna argue with either one of ya

ill bump this when the time's right
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo[/ame]

Comment

LMAO Lou

How is what u said any diff? My first said $65 for 10.....then I said the dollar amount was right but the years need to be worked out. I'm the idiot?????? The only thing I was adamant about was 100 mil was way off and 125-175 mil was not even close. GFY douche
              --------------------
              and the longoria contract was used for perspective for the 100 mil clowns in this thread.....not as a point of what Stanton gets
              You cannot cherry pick every statement you make and find the one that is closest suggesting "I was only sort of wrong." Regardless, saying your assertion of $65 is also incredibly wrong, by probably at least 20%, over a 7 (not 10) year deal.

100 million is not way off if it is a 10 year contract (and I am absolutely ignoring the possibility that would never ever ever happen). $55 is a solid baseline for 7 compared to JUps and Cargo, and if we're talking free agency years, conservatively averaging them at $18-22 gets to that figure. Those are absolutely discounted years. Howard, Teixeira, A-Rod make more. Pujols and Price will make more. Cabrera is at the higher end of that, $22, and was the only one of these guys signed during arbitration years explaining that.

The only perspective the Longoria reference shows is that you don't know anything. That contract is incredibly unique and likely will not happen again for a superstar level player (Jose Tabata does not count). That is absolutely no support as to an analysis of Stanton making $100 million.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
              Omg, we have our own BrocoBob!
              Still better than 03
              Last edited by lou; 08-24-2011, 08:37 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                You cannot cherry pick every statement you make and find the one that is closest suggesting "I was only sort of wrong." Regardless, saying your assertion of $65 is also incredibly wrong, by probably at least 20%, over a 7 (not 10) year deal.

100 million is not way off if it is a 10 year contract (and I am absolutely ignoring the possibility that would never ever ever happen). $55 is a solid baseline for 7 compared to JUps and Cargo, and if we're talking free agency years, conservatively averaging them at $18-22 gets to that figure. Those are absolutely discounted years. Howard, Teixeira, A-Rod make more. Pujols and Price will make more. Cabrera is at the higher end of that, $22, and was the only one of these guys signed during arbitration years explaining that.

The only perspective the Longoria reference shows is that you don't know anything. That contract is incredibly unique and likely will not happen again for a superstar level player (Jose Tabata does not count). That is absolutely no support as to an analysis of Stanton making $100 million.
                --------------------

Still better than 03
                Broncobob is the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                  Omg, we have our own BrocoBob!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                      Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I left .ghey years ago, I don't even remember broncobob

Also what's gfy?
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• go fuck yourself

Comment

• The last two pages were great

Comment

• ure great...
                              poop

Comment

• No, but I'll bump this when I'm great

Comment

Working...
                                X