Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
    Not for nothing but IIRC Conley and Flores were always considered bullpen arms to begin with.
    The point is we're in a lost season. We know what we have in hand an Koehler whereas we don't with Flores and Conley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      "That guy nearly had Tommy John surgery and missed 3 months a year ago with an elbow sprain + the way he pitches very well could be deemed illegal this offseason" seem like two decent reasons to consider him riskier than most long term. Even riskier than most guys who throw lasers. Some time bombs can tick faster than others. It's not a binary thing.

I'm fine with hanging on to him, because he's one of the best relievers in baseball. I also think one of the best relievers in baseball is a luxury on a Non-contending team, and could realistically have more value as a trade chip.
      Aaand he just left this game with an injury

Comment

• They are calling it a stiff right elbow.

Comment

• This would be comical, if that happens.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Fucking relievers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              Brad Hand will start Tuesday. The rotation now is Jose, Koehler, Hand, Phelps and Urena.
              Hopefully only that first guy is in the rotation next year (FA, Alvarez, Cosart, Nicolino). Maybe one of them over Nicolino, but its the 5 whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                Hopefully only that first guy is in the rotation next year (FA, Alvarez, Cosart, Nicolino). Maybe one of them over Nicolino, but its the 5 whatever.
                I don't see Cosart or Nicolino being better than the guys currently in the rotation.

Comment

• I hope Cosart isn't in the rotation.

Comment

• Assuming health, he is likely better than Koehler, Phelps, and probably Urena. Just look at his 2014. 2 WAR at 24 years old. Strikes out a few more guys, starts looking pretty good.

Comment

Assuming health, he is likely better than Koehler, Phelps, and probably Urena. Just look at his 2014. 2 WAR at 24 years old. Strikes out a few more guys, starts looking pretty good.
                      Cosart struck out 15% last year whereas Koehler had 19% and 17% this year. Cosart also had a slightly higher walk rate.

Comment

Assuming health, he is likely better than Koehler, Phelps, and probably Urena. Just look at his 2014. 2 WAR at 24 years old. Strikes out a few more guys, starts looking pretty good.
                        There's nothing to suggest that he'll start doing that though. His peripherals don't indicate a future rise in strikeouts. His stuff is rather mediocre. And he walks a lot of guys too.

Comment

• I think you get him healthy and see if 2014 is real. He throws hard (struck out more guys in minors) and gets a lot of ground balls (a lot more than Koehler and Phelps too). The tools are all there. I agree, walks need to come down. But again, he is young.

You can do a lot worse than pencil him in as the 4/5 and see if there is growth. Even if he doesn't strike more guys out, those ground balls will start adding up and he'll be pretty OK. It's why 2014 happened. You take him in a heartbeat over Koehler, Phelps, and probably Urena (havent seen enough, but I know we have all seen the scouting reports he is going to probably be a reliever).

Comment

• It would be great if none of those guys are in the rotation next year.

Comment

• We can probably count on at least 2 of these guys in the rotation, but it'll probably be 3 with Alvarez on the DL.

Comment

• [tweet]627945656519393280[/tweet]

Comment

Working...
                                X