Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
    Right, but now with the Angels pairing Trout with Ohtani, it could make the Dodgers more likely to improve their offer to get a deal done.
    i dont think the dodgers give 2 shits about what the angels are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      If that is true, it better be Ozuna to the Cardinals. Yelich they need to keep with that contract.
      Listening on BOTH. They prefer to keep Yelich but are willing to trade him if a team meets demands.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Listening on BOTH. They prefer to keep Yelich but are willing to trade him if a team meets demands.
        if they trade yelich it better involve at least 2 and maybe 3 top 100 prospects +. No reason to trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          if they trade yelich it better involve at least 2 and maybe 3 top 100 prospects +. No reason to trade him.
          Thats the price-3 Top 100 and 1/2 more on top of that. They want more than what Adam Eaton brought LY. They aren't shopping him but are listening to calls-Ozuna is the one likely gone still

Comment

Thats the price-3 Top 100 and 1/2 more on top of that. They want more than what Adam Eaton brought LY. They aren't shopping him but are listening to calls-Ozuna is the one likely gone still
            makes sense. STL has Ozuna written all over them.

What exactly was the new news for stanton this morning. i had an exam this morning so i wasnt quite in the loop and am confused as to what actually was reported this morning.

Comment

makes sense. STL has Ozuna written all over them.

What exactly was the new news for stanton this morning. i had an exam this morning so i wasnt quite in the loop and am confused as to what actually was reported this morning.
              He don't wanna go to SF or St Louis however will go to LAD,NYY,Houston or Cubs. Houston and Cubs arent really interested right now.

SF is keeping their offer on the table for now and St Louis has moved on

Comment

He don't wanna go to SF or St Louis however will go to LAD,NYY,Houston or Cubs. Houston and Cubs arent really interested right now.

SF is keeping their offer on the table for now and St Louis has moved on
                is the STL moving on part being reported or just what your guy is telling you? They better not deal him for pennies on the dollar. If he wont help out and forces his way to a particular location that isnt offering anything of significance, keep him and then either let him opt out in a few years and you get his best years and not the overpaid bad years, or just keep him for a year while we're terrible and im sure he'll loosen up on his trade demands.

Comment

is the STL moving on part being reported or just what your guy is telling you? They better not deal him for pennies on the dollar. If he wont help out and forces his way to a particular location that isnt offering anything of significance, keep him and then either let him opt out in a few years and you get his best years and not the overpaid bad years, or just keep him for a year while we're terrible and im sure he'll loosen up on his trade demands.
                  Buddy told me they have moved onto Ozuna or Yelich and are talking to us about them now. They knew they were a longshot already and todays news pushed them farther down
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Buddy told me they have moved onto Ozuna or Yelich and are talking to us about them now
                    wonder what the package would look like for Ozuna in comparison to Stanton. Id try as hard as possible to go after Reyes, Bader/O'neill, Grichuk/Piscotty, and then Hudson/Alcantara.

Comment

wonder what the package would look like for Ozuna in comparison to Stanton. Id try as hard as possible to go after Reyes, Bader/O'neill, Grichuk/Piscotty, and then Hudson/Alcantara.
                      Get Reyes out of your mind Weaver,Reyes,Jordan Hicks they wanna keep. Flaherty and Alcantara or Hudson is probably the centerpieces-likely close to Stanton's plus another lesser prospect or 2.

Ozuna,Ziegler and 5 million for 5 or 6 prospects. 5 prospects(3 arms) and our normal "project" type arm as #6 is my best GUESS

Oakland wants Piscotty so?
                      Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Get Reyes out of your mind Weaver,Reyes,Jordan Hicks they wanna keep. Flaherty and Alcantara or Hudson is probably the centerpieces-likely close to Stanton's plus another lesser prospect or 2.

Ozuna,Ziegler and 5 million for 5 or 6 prospects. 5 prospects(3 arms) and our normal "project" type arm as #6 is my best GUESS

Oakland wants Piscotty so?
                        I'd be good with that. STL just publicly came out and said stanton declined to waive his NTC for them, so that's that.

Comment

I'd be good with that. STL just publicly came out and said stanton declined to waive his NTC for them, so that's that.
                          Ya they were out at 9AM. Been talking to Miami all day about Yelich and Ozuna,wouldn't be surprised if got one of them before the winter meetings(Ozuna likely)

Comment

Ya they were out at 9AM. Been talking to Miami all day about Yelich and Ozuna,wouldn't be surprised if got one of them before the winter meetings(Ozuna likely)
                            I dont see Yelich going anywhere regardless of the time of the offseason. If he ever goes i think it waits until next offseason. He is the only guy they should keep. I'd love to either see talk of us talking contract extension with Realmuto or talking trade for him. 3 years team control for him is the perfect time to make that decision.

- - - - - - - - - -

I understand the priority is shedding salary, but i dont see why they wouldnt be ok with taking Adrian Gonzalez in a deal with the Dodgers and letting him play first for the first half and then trading him as an expiring deal at the trade deadline, as well as taking mccarthy and then flipping him for more prospects, in a way to get better prospects from the Dodgers. Seems pretty simple. We should be fine with acquiring anyone with expiring deals. these next few years should be player after player cycling through here and then flipping them for as much value as we can get out of them.

Comment

• From Mish:

Craig Mish‏Verified account
                              @CraigMish
                              2m2 minutes ago
                              More
                              Stanton 5 PM EST

Dodgers 70%
                              Giants 20%
                              Yankees 10%
                              Marlins 0%

Comment

• Not that the astros have shown much interest, but since he's on Stanton's NTC list.... holy hell he would hit so many hr's in that ball park.

Comment

Working...
                                X