Marlins Trade 2B Dee Gordon to Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I wonder if the marlins getting Dee's entire deal to be absorbed by the mariners has any repercussions on the stanton package we take or if this means we'd be willing to eat more of his money for better prospects.
    LOL! They are trying to save as much money as they can. I don't see them trying for better prospects by including cash at all. I am super pissed they keep including the international spending money in the trades. They need to be spending this at the bare minimum I don't understand them doing this at all. Did they not see where this got the last owner?

Comment

Eh that international money is from this past year. No prospects pretty much left only Otani and they ain’t getting him. And for the braves guys they could have used next years space if they want any but the good guys are gone now too.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Eh that international money is from this past year. No prospects pretty much left only Otani and they ain’t getting him. And for the braves guys they could have used next years space if they want any but the good guys are gone now too.
        ya, that's why im not that upset about the IFA money for the moment. IF they keep doing it when next years money comes around i'll start to get annoyed and worried.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          So did we actually change owners?
          Noooo, it's all a ruse for Loria

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          shocking - he's not bad. K's guys. Probably their best pitching prospect
          I expect this guy could be going else where as tradebait perhaps. Don;t get too caught up on that everyone we trade for is really going to stay & play for us

Comment

There are two high profile Cuban players one available now one just defected plus players taken from the Braves and there are still a few prospects from the top 30 still available out there as well. So there were still some very worthwhile players out there they could have attempted to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
              There are two high profile Cuban players one available now one just defected plus players taken from the Braves and there are still a few prospects from the top 30 still available out there as well. So there were still some very worthwhile players out there they could have attempted to sign.
              Again Braves guys can sign with next years cap but the good guys are gone already. The Cuban dude who just defected won’t be available for a while so again doesn’t matter with this cap space. Not sure who
              The other Cuban player is. Do you have a name?

- - - - - - - - - -

Fact of the matter is next season they will have 3 22 year olds from recent trades starting in AA. (Merandy Gonzalez, Pablo Lopez, Nick Neidert)

For a farm system as barren as this one it’s pretty nice. Even if they only project as back end starters.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

Comment

Again Braves guys can sign with next years cap but the good guys are gone already. The Cuban dude who just defected won’t be available for a while so again doesn’t matter with this cap space. Not sure who

- - - - - - - - - -

Fact of the matter is next season they will have 3 22 year olds from recent trades starting in AA. (Merandy Gonzalez, Pablo Lopez, Nick Neidert)

For a farm system as barren as this one it’s pretty nice. Even if they only project as back end starters.
                Julio Pablo Martinez is the 21 yo Cuban I am talking about. This years money is still able to be used until June of next year so who knows who else may come available as well. I am just saying I don't know why they are so eager to trade it all away they should try using some of it.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

Yes to that second post. We havent gotten any top notch guys, but between the Phelps trade, the Ramos trade, and now this trade we have done a decent job building up some depth in the system. We obviously need front line starting talent, but we also just need to take as many chances on guys as possible for the next few years and keep cycling through players.

- - - - - - - - - -

Julio Pablo Martinez is the 21 yo Cuban I am talking about. This years money is still able to be used until June of next year so who knows who else may come available as well. I am just saying I don't know why they are so eager to trade it all away they should try using some of it.
                  i do agree, and id like to see us start using this money unlike the loria ownership, but we have bought with that 2 million we gave up a nice potential platoon guy at 1st, rotation option, and then the guys in this dee trade, so we have utilized it pretty nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Great deal. Mariners also picking up Dee's entire contract. Pitching, pitching, pitching.
                    Preach.

I dig this.

Comment

Yea Martinez isn’t available yet to sign. He might be before but odds are he’s going to wait to get highest signing bonus posible. So he’s gonna wait till July. With Denbo here now I have no doubt they will target the international market next year.
                      - Michael Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Preach.

I dig this.
                        obviously none of these are ace type players, but since July we've added neidert, merandy gonzalez, brandon miller, pablo lopez, and caleb smith and havent really given up any truly big pieces. just need to keep doing this with the bigger players on the team. Plus you've still got Urena and Peters already in the majors, whatever we get for Straily, Garrett and Rogers.
                        Last edited by fish16; 12-07-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Chris Torres showed some power. I kinda really like this deal.

Not singling Ralph out just using the theme of his post........

Classic Marlins fan battered wife syndrome (as Swifty has pointed out in the past).

Here we are, getting goose bumps excited about our team being torn down once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            Not singling Ralph out just using the theme of his post........

Classic Marlins fan battered wife syndrome (as Swifty has pointed out in the past).

Here we are, getting goose bumps excited about our team being torn down once again.
                            Lol yea definitely true for some. I’d be exited for this trade if they were keeping Giancarlo. But yea since they are trading him I won’t be watching this season. Maybe check up on them from time to time here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Definitely interested to see what prospects they get though so when I’m possibly back in a year or two I know where they are from.
                            - Michael Johnson

Comment

Jeez Torres really struggles to hit.

Neidert looks solid but given he's only pitched 6 (poor) games in AA it's pretty hard to judge what he'll become.

Gordon's talents were being wasted in Miami anyway. Send him to potential contending team and let him spark somebody's playoff run.

When fire sales happen it's essentially teams trading away established players for much cheaper lottery tickets. Won't really know how this trade should be evaluated for another 3 or 4 years.

And the cycle continues...Not much left to say anymore.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal just called the trade for what it is on Hot Stove

A salary dump

Comment

Working...
                                X