Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
    Mish said he had head a couple different variations in the tweet about Arroyo. The way he worded it seems to suggest to me that Arroyo is in both of the versions he's heard.
    He is!! Arroyo was in 2 of them and Panik was in the other. Which is why I said since Mish said Arroyo is in it means the varation with Panik is OUT. 2 varations still out there-they include us sending different amounts of cash and getting different things. Heard 1 included IFA cash and 1 has Ramos in it and the other has Ramos out of it(Assuming the one without is us sending less cash)

The 1 that is OUT was Panik,Shaw,Beede for Stanton.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
    Just rip the band-aid off already.
    Everyone is waiting for Stanton to decide what he wants to do. Supposedly his people gave LAD a deadline but who the hell knows with him.

Comment

• gimme arroyo, ramos, and beede and we good.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        He is!! Arroyo was in 2 of them and Panik was in the other. Which is why I said since Mish said Arroyo is in it means the varation with Panik is OUT. 2 varations still out there-they include us sending different amounts of cash and getting different things. Heard 1 included IFA cash and 1 has Ramos in it and the other has Ramos out of it(Assuming the one without is us sending less cash)

- - - - - - - - - -

Everyone is waiting for Stanton to decide what he wants to do. Supposedly his people gave LAD a deadline but who the hell knows with him.
        Yeah, the other day I read an article that I think said Tuesday (today) was the "deadline" for the Dodgers to show interest.

Comment

If that's true, I'd much rather the deals with Arroyo in them than Panik.
          Last edited by sports24/7; 12-05-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Looks like St Louis is moving foward

Just signed Miles Mikolas for 2/15.5. No Ziegler there but shows teams Ziegler isn't really overpaid

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            Yeah, the other day I read an article that I think said Tuesday (today) was the "deadline" for the Dodgers to show interest.
            Ya some say by midnight tonight but its not a real deadline. Stanton's people are trying to get LAD involved by saying start talking to Miami or we are going to SF

Comment

• They plan for Mikolas to be a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                They plan for Mikolas to be a starter.
                Ok then nevermind I thought he was still a RP.Wacha,Wainwright,Martinez,Reyes,Weaver,Mikolas, Flaherty in rotation. Doesn't make much sense or does it? Ozuna????

Comment

Ok then nevermind I thought he was still a RP.Wacha,Wainwright,Martinez,Reyes,Weaver,Mikolas, Flaherty in rotation. Doesn't make much sense or does it? Ozuna????
                  It seems pretty clear they are going to be making some sort of trade with their pitching. Whether it's stanton, Ozuna, Jose abreu, Donaldson maybe. they have so much depth they can afford it. Ive also seen on twitter the possibility of starting some of their young guys in the minors (Weaver/Flaherty) or using Reyes out of the bullpen to start with as he builds back his arm strength coming off TJ surgery. I really wise we were run by their front office.

- - - - - - - - - -

samson was on the lebatard show and they asked him why Hill was still here out of everyone else who was gone, and he jokingly said he's got pictures of people. He was obviously joking, but it was funny.

Comment

• Henry Schulman‏Verified account
                    @hankschulman
                    Follow Follow @hankschulman
                    More
                    Christian Arroyo is NOT part of #SFGiants proposed deal with Marlins for Stanton. #sfgiants.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      It seems pretty clear they are going to be making some sort of trade with their pitching. Whether it's stanton, Ozuna, Jose abreu, Donaldson maybe. they have so much depth they can afford it. Ive also seen on twitter the possibility of starting some of their young guys in the minors (Weaver/Flaherty) or using Reyes out of the bullpen to start with as he builds back his arm strength coming off TJ surgery. I really wise we were run by their front office.
                      Luke Weaver can swing so he will be in ML. Reyes will start in AAA(Not ready till May). Just saying 7 guys in a rotation once all ready with Alcantara,Gomber,Hudson,Junior Fernandez,Zac Gallen,Woodford,Ryan Helsey all in AA or higher just waiting Plan A is Stanton Plan A1 is Alex Colome from TB and Plan B is Ozuna or Yelich

Comment

• Maitan goes to the Angels. Would have been huge to add him. He now becomes their top prospect easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                          Henry Schulman‏Verified account
                          @hankschulman
                          More
                          Christian Arroyo is NOT part of #SFGiants proposed deal with Marlins for Stanton. #sfgiants.
                          It seems like the only thing we actually know is that none of these guys seem to really know, lol. They're all contradicting each other.

Comment

@hankschulman
                            More
                            i think there are multiple proposed deals for each team based on the final money amount that will go to the other team so i think the players will depend on how much is being given, thus i think all these reports of certain guys being in deals while others arent is just more semantics about which guys might not be in certain deals, whereas they are still probably in other versions of the deal.

Comment

@hankschulman
                              More
                              Craig Mish says 1 thing and Schulman says the total opposite on everything. The thing is they are both right-there are 3 deals that I know of with SF. All have different amounts of money Miami is sending which then means different players are involved. So 1 proposed deal MIGHT include Arroyo while another does NOT.

The items in 3 deals are Arroyo,Shaw,Ramos,Beede,Garcia,Panik,Denard Span and IFA cash. Span and Panik are only in 1 varation. The deal with Panik does NOT include Arroyo

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              i think there are multiple proposed deals for each team based on the final money amount that will go to the other team so i think the players will depend on how much is being given, thus i think all these reports of certain guys being in deals while others arent is just more semantics about which guys might not be in certain deals, whereas they are still probably in other versions of the deal.
                              Exactly if SF wants us to pay 45 million then we are getting MORE in return. If SF is like we will take all of his contract we are getting LESS in return. Seems Mish is hearing one deal and Schulman another

Comment

• Marlins back to worst farm system in MLB!!

LAA signed Kevin Maitan for $2.2 million and Livan Soto for 850K

Looks like we are gonna be missing out on these guys-teams are using their 2018-19 space to sign them

Man I really wish Miami had $7.25 million to spend on guys!!!
                                Last edited by tjfla; 12-05-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X